2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Super reliability & gas mileage
By Robert on 11/30/09 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The perfect commuter & fun to drive. No problems and minimal maintenance (oil & filter, tires, brakes) in 70 K miles. Very reliable, great gas mileage: I average 30-32 MPG, 70% highway at 80 MPH. Decent performance with the 4 cylinder 5 speed combo, and fun to drive. Could not be happier!

2005 two door Honda Accord
By Buckeye Gray on 02/13/09 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 Honda Accord about a week before Christmas in 2004. Ended up getting the car a little sooner than I wanted after someone pulled out in front of my Honda Civic. Anyway, it's the best car I've ever owned. If you give this car proper maintenance it will go! Has a very smooth ride especially on the open road. Even though it's a four cylinder it will run easily at 80 or 85mph. But I usually don't drive that fast. Gas mileage is supposed to be right around 31 to 35 mpg, but last summer took a round trip of 290 miles and wound up getting just over 39 mpg! Mind you I drove at or under 65. Good car, in future hope to buy another one.

Accord buyer for life so far
By amaddal708 on 03/05/08 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Minus normal wear and tear the car has held up perfect almost. Seem's to have a slight rattle from interior finish at highway speeds but besides that minus and misalighnment the car is great overall.Best overall car I have owned yet. Only the Eclipse of 98 was more fun to drive. I would buy this car again for their 2009 model possibly. The four cylinder has plenty of power you would believe it was a four.

Who can say hondas are refined?
By chasm on 08/16/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 05 accord coupe lx in June 2005, and I expect this will be my last Honda. I have been quite disappointed with a car that has received such high regards from various auto critics. I am currently driving this lx with a blown stereo speaker and a vibrating engine that makes long drives utterly dreadful. The car would actually be decent transportation if something could be done about the refinement of the engine and mediocre stereo.

Superior economy car!
By cavemanf16 on 04/20/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the brand-spankin' new LX Special Edition Coupe model w/ standard transmission yesterday. It is a true pleasure to drive compared to my previous Honda Civic EX. I like it even better than my wife's 2003 1.8T Jetta despite the slightly less overall HP at my disposal. The interior has all the little tweaks to it that were missing or non-existent on my Civic, and I don't think I'll be longing for a different car when this lease is up. The Accord is an EXCELLENT car for the price, performance, features, and most importantly: impeccable quality.

"The car that nobody wants"
By Warney on 03/08/05 00:08 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2005 Accord LX Coupe 2.4l equipped with the 5-speed manual transmission, "the car that nobody wants" according to multiple dealers I visited. I am 6'5" and 220 lbs and can't fit in an EX, the sunroof scrapes my head. Plenty of headroom in the LX. Tilt/telescopic wheel with lighted controls is great! Ordering a car from Honda is not easy, don't believe the brochures on color choice. For $18,325 I got a safe car that will last a long time, offers a good balance of power, sportiness, quality, roominess, and economy. Car is incredibly quiet and I expect many years of trouble free service from it. Many thoughtful features with intuitive operation and flawless performance.