2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Fantastic Car
By Eric on 03/09/10 18:59 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in 07. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 130K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 130K miles or that the car is 5 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Runs Like A Top
By Jim W on 07/21/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were seeking something to drive together (comfortably) on longer trips. After looking around a little we found the Accord. This car has been amazing. A nice, smooth and quiet ride in a reliable vehicle is what we were looking for and is what we got. We used to dread packing things into the old car in order to take a day trip. Now we look forward to it.

Solid vehicle
By BradB on 03/03/09 19:02 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new and am still enjoying it. The car has aged gracefully and still looks great with zero mechanical problems. Powerwise, the 240 hp V6 is smooth and strong. Fuel economy is a little disappointing at 19 mpg city, but at least it uses regular. I like the ride just fine, but the handling is a little tepid. I think the biggest problem is the terrible stock tires that are hard as a rock and downright dangerous in the rain. The seats are not the greatest, but not terrible; interior materials are first rate. The 5 spd automatic is superb-- best I have driven. Resale value is phenomenal.

Hard to get rid of
By hpnutty on 02/19/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handing this off to college age daughter and after looking at the 08 accord and others I don't want to get rid of it. Its been everything I expected it to be. When guests get in they talk about how nice it is. My father raves about the color (red). It so fun to drive and can't imagine ever owned a 4 cyl now. But it's nothing to brag about from the outside. very plain.

Great Value
By mikeW on 11/28/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in Dec of 04. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 100K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 100K miles or that the car is 4 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

2005 Honda Accord EXL V6
By Ray on 08/10/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned and operated this car for a week. My initial reaction is that this is one terrific car. It has the feel of a luxury car. It is solid, smooth, responsive, quiet and exudes quality. It is my second Honda and if the reliability experience with this car is similar to my first Honda, I will be one very satisfied Honda owner.

Love My Honda
By Love My Honda on 07/30/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in Oct. '04, love it! I've had it 4 years now and have had no mechanical problems other than having to replace a battery terminal, brakes twice, and working on my 2nd set of tires. No pause on acceleration, awesome zip. Ultra comfortable interior. Stereo is great. I will definitely be looking for a new Honda next year as I pass my down to the next child in line.

Great v6
By RAZ on 07/02/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I retired my 1993 Accord with over 400,000 miles on it, (head gasket blown), and went with this v6. I travel 70% highway 70 mph ( I am not gunning it ever) and getting 27 mpg. A recent hwy trip 34 mpg at 70 mph. It gets better gas mileage than my 4cly 93! Go figure? Great power when needed. No problems yet, 66,000 miles on the car. Leather is very comfortable, radio 6-cd great!

Hesitation when accelerating
By DianeO on 06/27/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is just okay. My Toyota Sienna had better & more features, but I no longer needed a van. The worst thing about this V6 Accord is the acceleration. When I press on the gas, I expect a car to go. But just when I need to accelerate to get into a tight spot on the freeway and I "punch it", it hesitates. That hesitation has caused many near misses.

Not Trading 2005 for 2008!
By ABQGeo on 03/07/08 15:04 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2005 EX V6 for over 3 years now and have decided to hang onto it for a few more years, because I think the new body style is ugly! Right before the warranty expired, the whole transmission needed to be replaced. Challenging myself to get the highest MPG's I could, I recently achieved over 37 MPG's on a trip on the highway, never exceeding 65 mph and being very gentle on the accelerator. Can't beat that for efficiency! Other than the transmssion, I've had no problems with the car, so I'm hanging onto it. Compared to American sedans I drive at work, the steering and suspension feel "alive" and connected to me.