2004 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Worst Honda I have owned

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Leather)

Worst Honda I have owned
By clay58 on

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 trouble free Honda Accords prior to buying this 2004. I cannot recommend the 2004 Accord but I am well pleased with Honda service. Bought this certified used Honda with 13,000 miles on it. Came with a 7/100,000 mile power-train warranty. The radio went out in Feb 2010. Honda replaced it free of charge. The brake master cylinder failed at 75,000 miles and I replaced it myself. Then last month Oct, 2010 the transmission failed with 77,000 miles on the odometer. The cost to replace the transmission was $3,500 at the dealer. Warranty ran out 5 weeks prior to the trans failing. After a call to Honda they agreed to pay $2,500 on this repair even though it was out of warranty. Great!

Favorite Features

Engine performance is fantastic. Controls work great and are logically laid out. Roomy interior and trunk. Handles well but not as good as the 1995 it replaced. Fit and finish is great.

Suggested Improvements

Tires noise inside vehicle no matter what brand I install. Not a quite car at all. Ride is good but not great. Transmission is not dependable and I recommend you avoid the 2003-2005 models.