2004 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great styling, to many rattles

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Curtain Airbags)

Great styling, to many rattles
By Dancas547 on

2004 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 Accord Coupe in September 03. I'm writing this here because the only difference between the 04 and the 04 is that the newer model has satelite radio. I love the car's styling, and I've never driver a car that was more comfortable. My only negative comment is that the interior and exterior has too many rattles for a 5 month old car. The ceiling and doors inside all squeak when going over bumps (started soon after purchase) and the exterior bottom running boards rattle going over bumps. Also, when the temp is greater than 50 degrees, my clutch clicks loudly every time it is pressed or released -- spring problem.

The interior and exterior appearance and design is excellent. The car (4c) has more power than some v6s I've driven. I recommend the manual, because controlling the shift points gives you better acceleration than the automatic.

Engineers need to work on how the ceiling attaches to the roof. It squeaks whenever the car hits a bump. Also, the knocking noise that the clutch makes must get fixed -- I didn't buy a Honda to get those kind of noises!