BAD NAME WITH HONDA
By car_owner2004 on
2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I honestly have become disappointed with this car - I have owned this car for over 6 years and ever since I went over the 100K in miles (the past two years - currently at 121K) - This car has completely fallen apart.. I have never missed an oil change or maintenance - I have copies of ever invoice since bought at 21K miles. I just found out today I have to have the MOTOR replaced, this after replacing the Power Steering Pump, hoses, axle, arms, door locks, needs new battery every year and many moe items. Every six to seven months I am spending 600- 1K on work and now 3K to replace the motor.
Favorite Features
love the drive of this car, the feel when it is working, so comfortable. I can't part ways with this car as I do love it. My son has gone from infant seat to no car seat in this car and has had plenty of room and never complains about the car or feel from the back seat. Love the interior design and placement of control panels, seat warmers etc.
Suggested Improvements
I suggest Honda stand behind their cars especially some of these that turn to be lemons after 100K.
By jimmyjames76
on 10/30/12 10:03 AM (PDT)

Why 4.5 stars for a car you describe as completely falling apart after 100k miles?

By james2014
on 03/13/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

Did you change the Timing belt and water pump at 105k miles, since you said that you have always change your oil? Also do you change your oil at the recommended intervals (3k for conventional oil and 5k for synthetic oil)? If you did not, then that may have been why the Motor went bad. When the Timing belt breaks inside the engine, it messes up the inside of the engine (pistons etc).