Excellent car for money
By Martin on
2004 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I traded-in my Chevy Cavalier Coupe 02 for this beauty - 04 Accord DX, 5 speed manual; and I have never regretted this choice. Very comfortable ride, if needed can speed up like 6 cyl.; excellent mileage; I am averaging 27-29 MPG in town and 34-36 MPG on highway. I drive on curvy roads in mountains 2-3 times per week and only thing that I don't like is oversteering, which previous car didn't have any problems. I though that new tires might help, but problem still persists. I believe that weight of engine in front is inconsistent with weight of rest of the car. Only thing that I have done during the year was new tires, some minor break jobs and oil change, but this is OK since I drive 38K/yr.
Favorite Features
Lots of space on back seats, lots of space in front. You have a feeling that you drive much larger car than it looks like. I used to drove VW Passat and I don't remember to have this much space. Other great feature is an engine itself; 2.4L without a thirst for gas, but with lots of potential.
Suggested Improvements
Wind noise; weight distribution; but that is more like a design issue for future generations of Accords; remote control and power locks for base model; this feature doesn't cost that much so it can be included in base model.