2004 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Car Ever Owned!
By Paddy on 02/11/08 13:36 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It is so unbelievably quiet you can hear yourself whisper at 45 mph. The engine alone (V6) was worth it. It is very powerful and I have averaged about 24 mpg combined so far. Unbelievable car.

My Third Accord and Probably Best So Far
By ILoveAccords on 02/06/08 10:18 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded in my '96 Honda Accord EX on a '04 Honda Accord LX, and so far I love it. This model feels more substansial than my last one. I have owned a '00, a '96, and now an '04. Out of all 3 models, this is probably the best one I've had yet. I love the way it handles, the way it gives you a "command" view of the road. It sits a lot higher than my '96. I drive it to school and to work. But I plan on taking this one on a few trips to visit family. I love the center stack for the stereo and heating/ac controls. It really brings the car up into "luxury" model status. I also love the tilt, telescoping steering wheel. Haven't had it long, but so far, no complaints.

2004 EX-L V6
By Mike on 12/25/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best automobile I have ever owned. It has an abundance of power and still gets great gas mileage. The engine is bullet proof, and I will replace this one with another.

Astounding reliability.
By Jeff on 12/17/07 05:06 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Those of you reading this are probably looking at or considering a 2004 Accord. Mine was bought new (EX V6 with Navi) in March of 2004. I commute 120 miles each day, 5 days a week. I now have 105,000 miles on the car. This is easily the best and most reliable car I've owned (out of about 23 in the last 20 years). I consistently get 27-30 mpg with the V6. I change the oil regularly myself with Mobil 1 oil. If you can believe it, I have not has so much as a light bulb burn out in 105,000 miles. Zero problems. I had the timing belt and water pump replaced by Honda as I approached the 100k mile mark. Other than that and oil and air filter - nothing. I just love this car.

Great buy
By gcabral424 on 11/25/07 20:34 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a proud owner of 2004 Honda Accord LX. To date I have put over 50,000 miles and havent had a single problem. I regularly do the maintance thats recommended and that's all. I love everything about the accord. The power, comfort, and gas mileage are awesome. The 4 cylinder although small has plenty of power and never lets me down. The only complaint I had with the car was the handling. Recently I purchased new tires 225 40 18 and the handling has greatly improved. I always knew that the small stock tires that the dealer provided was not enough rubber. Bottom line: great car!

Love the Accord
By buyahome on 10/08/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Accord has been an excellent choice for me. The quality is incredible. I can't imagine buying another American car after owning this one. The dealership has provided absolutely incredible service to me. They have gone out of their way to help with any issues I have had. Those issues have been: frozen door lock (from washing it with pressure wash I guess), most recently a problem with Navigation being erractic (they are currently working to resolve this one), possibly a DVD that may be working less than excellent. The only complaint I would have is the fact that the 4 cylinder engine is a bit light on the road and tends to ride a little bumpy & road noise is kind of loud.

Beautiful, reliable, fast
By Eugene on 08/12/07 12:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We are the 2nd owner of this 4cyl Accord EX and after 48k miles we have zero mechanical problems. The only minor things I could complain about is an occasional rattling sound coming from the driver's side front door pillar, and a little cracking on the leather seats. Other than that, the car is flawless.

Honda is alright!
By Mike T on 06/27/07 14:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car. It is fast and sturdy. I traded in a 1997 Infiniti Q45 to save on gas and it is saving me almost $100 per month. I bought it used and it still feels like new. It was Honda certified which gave me some piece of mind. I definitely recommend buying this car if you're thinking about it. I rented a Ford Explorer SUV and my accord car has more rear passenger room than that thing.

Perfect car
By kim on 06/24/07 16:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My car has had zero problems from day one. I do the oil changes at the dealership, and every other time I rotate tires. I do all the maintenance check ups, and thatís it! A wonderful car!

Probably my favorite car of all time
By gtj on 06/17/07 23:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 2nd Accord and this one has all the toys that the other didn't - V6, leather, white (other one was black). We actually traded an older Lexus in for this one, is it a Lexus? Sure it's not but it's the best buy around for 1/2 the price. Even drive a Camry V6 XLE before buying this one - this one is just plain fun to drive! BTW, did I mention that I'm getting 24mpg around town? That's the same as the 1992 4-banger above.