Used 2004 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

4cyl Accord Coupe LX - just OK
By accord_just_OK

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new in '04. The a/c compressor turns on w/a nasty clunk (which makes a noise similar to a bad tranny). The doors and other interior parts rattle. The weather-stripping gets caught in the window when it goes down and makes a loud squeaking sound. Switching the hvac fan direction (blowing on feet to defrost, etc) makes a crackling/grinding noise. Of course the dealer says that there's nothing wrong the car. Called Honda and complained. Never heard a thing except that they sent me a survey to fill out, which I did and still never got a response.

Smooth rev-ing engine, slick manual 5- sp. Great in the snow. Lots of good cup- holders. Nice bright hi-beams. Overall a nicely engineered car.

Needs better build quality...my car anyway. Seats lack padding for my bony butt - which makes long trips uncomfortable.

Not all that I expected
By Accord Coupe

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I graduated from college I could not wait to get my Accord Coupe, now I am looking forward to my next vehicle. I had very high expectations which have not been met. Every time I have a rattle fixed a new one develops. Luckily, my dealer doesn't mind me bringing the car is every other month. The breaks are still good; however, they make noises all the time. Honda needs to re-focus on build quality.

Interior design and layout of console.

Better build quality and brakes. Stability control on the 4 cylinders.

04 Sick speed v6
By SIKSPDV6

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about a year and a half. The motor is very powerful. I installed koni "yellows" adjustable struts, eibach sport springs aem v2 cold air intake,megan exhaust,'20 alt wheels, nitto nt555,vis carbon fiber hood and alot of other little goodys. I get the same feeling starting it every time.

my favorite features are overall the responsive steering be careful where you point it. also the interior is roomy yet the seets are bulsterd just enough.

(1)when i launch if TCS is off I get wheel hop if the tires break loose, and they likes to.(2)thats it!!

Extraordinary Car
By Philip

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car wanting a "sports car" drive and feel, but not wanting to pay the insurance and traffic court costs of a BMW. I got exactly what I wanted and more. This car handles as well or better than a BMW that I previously had, the power of the 240HP V6 is awesome, if a bit late in really pulling it does get you out of the way when you need to. The design of the interior is fabulously layed out. The exterior is very smooth with flowing body lines that cut through the strong Chicago winds like a hot knife through butter. AMAZING CAR!!

6-Disc 180watt in dash CD changer and Stereo. Powerful 240HP V6, traction control, ABS, and air-bags all around you. Heated leather seats. Excellent gas mileage for such a powerful engine.

As far as I know the things that need changing were done for 2005, lighted steering wheel controls, memory seat and mirror position. I would suggest an anti wife wants to drive button, but hey hiding the keys works too!!

Love, Love, Love My 2004 Accord Cp
By KJ73

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Hondas for about 10 years now; starting out with a Del Sol, moving to Civic EX coupe, on up to my 2004 Accord Coupe EX-N, 6sp. I absolutely love my car: the get-up-and- go power of the V6 (throws me back periodically in first gear!), the easy to manage navigation system, the voice activation, the safety features and especially the XM radio. My fiance who is generally an American car-kind-of-guy cannot get over the power of the V6 in that coupe; it's almost as though it has too much power. Not enough that I'd be willing to give it up! :) Over all - there isn't a thing I would give up or change in this car!

Navigation/Voice Activation Horsepower

Lighting on the steering wheel controls; but they've already included that with the 2005.