2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Fine Honda but needs improvement!
By John Mercer on 01/03/09 08:54 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this V6 w/navi for over 4 yrs. and it is extremely reliable, great gas mileage w/V6 and powerful. I do have suggestions for improvement for the very near future. When this model was introduced, it lacked fog lights which I installed with a Honda OEM kit. I can't live without these lights! Another very important improvement for this car and the newest models ('09), would be an 8-way power seat for the front passenger. The front seats are angled or sloped downward at the back too much and make it very uncomfortable for people with back problems. An 8-way adjustment would solve this! I ended up lifting the back of the seat upwards with longer bolts and shims. Otherwise a fine car.

Best Value
By Russ on 11/30/08 16:51 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

GOOD: Best car I have ever owned - does everything well. Good compromise between handling and ride comfort (after new tires, read below). Extremely reliable and well built. Can't live without the navigation system - best I have used. Touch screen makes it easy to enter data while creeping along in city traffic. With many nav systems you must be in park or be stopped to operate, but not with this one. XM radio is voice operated. Intuitive controls. Separate driver-side and passenger-side set-and-forget temperature control. BAD: No sex appeal. Not bluetooth compatible. With automatic, easy to accidentally select third gear (D3) instead of fifth (D).

Excellent Car
By Ken Baxley on 11/30/08 11:49 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought my Accord new and have not any problems with the car. My son used when he went away to college then my daughter. The two complaints I have with the car are: 1. The clear coat is coming off and Honda will not own up to the problem even dealerships acknowledge that there is a problem with the paint job from the factory. 2. The other problem is the brakes started to squeal after about 30000 miles on it. I have replaced brake pads and still will not go away.

My 3rd Accord and Not My Last!
By HndaDrvr4Life on 11/30/08 08:11 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my '96 Accord EX 4dr for an '04 Honda Accord LX 4dr, with the 5-speed automatic and I love it! Yeah, I miss my sunroof, but the overall performance, gas mileage, and reliability outweigh the missing sunroof. I have had no trouble with this vehicle since I purchased it. It had about 16,000 miles on it when I got it earlier this year. Now it has about 31,000 and still riding trouble free. The one thing I do not like is the blind spots in this car. I've had a 2000 Accord LX and a 1996 Accord EX and the visibility in those was great. In this car, not so much. It's like aiming a land yacht sometimes when parking. However, this is still the best one I've had.

Typical Honda
By hsw1186 on 10/21/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first car was a 1996 Accord EX-L. I got this one 4 years ago after a horrendous experience with a Trailblazer. It has been a blast. Good handling and acceleration. Ride is neither too harsh nor too soft. Excellent fit and finish. In typical Honda fashion, all controls are well laid out and easy to use. Leather is of excellent quality. Navigation system is excellent and easy to use. Voice command is also great. Fuel economy is excellent. I average about 24.5 mpg in mixed driving. The best I have gotten on the highway is 34. That is great for a 240hp V6. XM is great for long drives. Road noise is a bit pronounced but definitely not too intrusive.

Excellent Purchase!
By TTC on 10/14/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car but I love it already! Originally I was going to purchase a Mazda 6, but this is a far better investment. Not only is the Accord a safe family car, but it's fun to drive, and you can't beat the gas mileage (32 mpg). I feel better knowing that 5 years from now my car will actually have a good resale value (if I choose to sell it) and it will still be in good condition.

Worst Car I Ever Bought.....
By Sheri on 10/05/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I caution anyone considering buying this car. I bought the car brand new relying on Honda's history. The transmission suddenly blew up at 80K. I did every scheduled maintenance and more on the car. I contact the Honda dealership where I bought it and they offered to replace the transmission for $5500 or sell me a new 2009. I walked out of the dealership, sold the car and bought a BMW. Never again will I buy a HONDA.

Best car I've ever had
By jwwhitepgh on 09/22/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 10 yrs of Hondas, I went to Ford, Dodge, even Lexus and returned to the Accord. Lexus was luxury, but bang for your buck Accord is the best midsized sedan in America. Low maintenance cost, good fuel economy, excellent resale value, conservative yet classy looks without using your kids college money to buy it.

Accord Ex L - Navi
By Don Liu on 09/20/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very pleased by this vehicle for over fours year, I only replaced AC transistor unit ($150) due to I switch on and off AC too many times; Honda paid for my wiper motor last year. Fuel economy is amazing for a V6. It says 18-27 mpg but my on-board computer tells it is 23+ in city and 32-34 mpg on high way if I cruise on 75 mph. I was considering trading in this babe for a 2008 Accord V6. After test driving, I still love mine. It is more responsive and fuel efficient.

Great value
By John on 08/11/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car wife was the one that suggested getting an accord because one of her coworkers had one, i found this one close to where i live and absolutely love the vehicle I have the 4 cylinder and it has plenty of power and great gas mileage i have been through 3 or 4 tanks and get 27 to 30 in the car.