Used 2004 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 731 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best value for a vehicle
By Anonymous

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First car owned where I didn't use the bumper to bumper warranty, and after 6.5 years, and 139K miles, never a broken item, or single adjustment. Replaced tires, brakes, rotors once, air filters, oil change every 3K, and transmission drain and fill every 15K. Still love the way it drives, hoping to get 300K.

Tight handling, 27mpg combined, good acceleration, seats are great. Paint job was nicely done, and still looks great.

Don't like the integrated radio and environmental controls, making it difficult to user upgrade the radio.

2004 Accord
By John

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new and used it as my over-the-road salesman car for three years, and have had it for 4 years since I retired in 2006. I've mostly driven Chevies & Volvos over the past 50 years and this is by far the most dependable and trouble-free car I've ever owned. I have 144,000 miles on it and the only repairs I've done outside of routine maintenance has been to replace the rear struts and fix a valve on the a heater hose. The brakes have never been touched! I will pass this along to one of my kids some day. I drove it from Maine to Minn and back and averaged 37 mpg.

5 speed manual, dashboard ergonomics, handling

My hands too often activate the windshield wipers when turning the steering wheel.

Transmission
By ANITA

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car only 3 yrs ago, have had to put rear brakes, general maintenance overall. the only problem that hurts is that the transmission went out at 93,000 miles. The mechanic said that is a Honda flaw. Good fun car to drive. my teen did well learning to drive this car, even though i feel there is a blind spot in the rear.

transmission review is needed on all honda cars, clutch in transmission seems to fail.

Worst Honda I have owned
By clay58

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 trouble free Honda Accords prior to buying this 2004. I cannot recommend the 2004 Accord but I am well pleased with Honda service. Bought this certified used Honda with 13,000 miles on it. Came with a 7/100,000 mile power-train warranty. The radio went out in Feb 2010. Honda replaced it free of charge. The brake master cylinder failed at 75,000 miles and I replaced it myself. Then last month Oct, 2010 the transmission failed with 77,000 miles on the odometer. The cost to replace the transmission was $3,500 at the dealer. Warranty ran out 5 weeks prior to the trans failing. After a call to Honda they agreed to pay $2,500 on this repair even though it was out of warranty. Great!

Engine performance is fantastic. Controls work great and are logically laid out. Roomy interior and trunk. Handles well but not as good as the 1995 it replaced. Fit and finish is great.

Tires noise inside vehicle no matter what brand I install. Not a quite car at all. Ride is good but not great. Transmission is not dependable and I recommend you avoid the 2003-2005 models.

Like no other
By Nico

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the accord 2004 EX with 33,000 miles with light hail damage. Never had any problem so far. I love the handling of this car, very comfortable and good fuel economy for a mid-size sedan. upgraded from my old car 1998 accord.

Handling, interior looks

Audio/CD player has no Aux and USB port accessible from outside.