2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Car in Class
By Honda Fan on 08/03/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Accord, I have owned 5 Honda products (Acura Legend, TL, Odyssey are others). This car is solid with a great ride and a bit of sportiness for a sedan of this class. The acceleration is what really stands out - step on the gas (regular!) and this car flies. TI believe it is quicker than my 2008 Acura TL off the line. I'm in sales and used the car to transport customers and factory people. Plenty of room in the front and back seats and the trunk. Only two minor complaints. 1. Gas pedal is a little too sensitive. Takes some getting used to. 2. Road noise is slightly high. But I was driving an Acura Legend before this and got spoil

Love the power and ride
By 6 Speed on 07/30/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for over 5 years with 68K mileage. No major mechanical problems. The car radio Headunit backlight did go dead the the dealer, replaced it. This was a TSB from Honda to all dealerships. Their is some road noise but that's because the car has a lower clearance than Toyota's. The lower clearance gives honda a better handling and feel of the road where the Camry feels like you are floating going all over the road.For a V6 this car gets good gas mileage, 18-19 city and 29-30 highway. The fauk leather in the driver's seat does where down and stretch but no cracks.

Best car for the money, period
By STINGRAY on 07/20/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Accord. I put on about 30,000 miles a year. I am around 155,000 currently. No major mechanical issues at all. Major cost are 50k, 100k and 150k scheduled maintenance at the Honda dealer. Brakes lasted 75k miles before replacement. Shocks lasted 140k before replacement. Still have orig. exhaust which is unheard of in NH. Very comfortable, sporty ride and performance. Perfect mix of sport and comfort. Liked much better then Camry or Maxima. Do not waste your money on a 3-series BMW! Accord V6 with leather - can't be beat.

Would do it all over again!
By Steve on 07/14/09 12:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Thought you may be interested in a review from someone who has owned this car for 6 yrs. Just turned 204,000 miles. Only problem was the radio that was replaced by Honda. Replaced the alternator at 190,000 miles. Other than that, just normal maintenance. Lots of highway driving, getting 30 to 32 mpg. Brakes last far longer than any other car I've owned. Can't believe the car still runs so well. I keep asking my service man (independent) when the car might die and he keeps saying not anytime soon. The 4 cylinder doesn't have the initial burst that you would like, but the low cost of maintenence and the reliability more than make up for it. Would highly recommend this car.

Angel Car
By Sean Hunter on 07/13/09 05:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is more than perfect. Sure the break pads wear a little. But the soul of the car is unstoppable. Once in a while, people get stuck with a Honda that has been through a flood, or had an engine rebuild in Puerto Rico. But for those of us who are multiple Honda Owners, who have seen the light, there is no other choice. This particular car that I own now, I bought in 2008 with 80,000 miles on it already. I'm up to 100,000 now a year later, and this car is begging for me to take it X-country. Not a SINGLE PROBLEM. I am a road jockey and I know what a thoroughbred feels like. Honestly, I want to go back and give it 10's in every category, but I don't want to lose my credibility. ;-)

Think again about the Honda hype
By mabeno on 07/07/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Accord from new. Maintained it on a regular basis and have not abused it. The display went out in the radio and had to have the entire unit replaced, not once but twice. The fit and finish inside is terrible (sunglass holder pops open, the headline has bubbles, the plastic seat shroud will not stay together, etc.). The final straw is the timing chain jumped a tooth and has caused extensive engine damage. The mechanic stated that this is one of the cleanest engines that he has worked on, so it was not my maintenance on the vehicle. Do not believe all the hype about how a Honda runs forever. All of my other vehicles are GMs, and I have never had such issues.

Most reliable car I have ever owned
By philly on 03/15/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I presently have 59,000 miles on this car and it has never broke down once. The only thing that it has had is a new set of brake pads which you could expect at 50 to 60 thousand miles. Honda only requires it's oil to be changed every 10,000 miles. It gets great gas mileage for a 4 banger, about 28 mpg on the average. I have never owned such a reliable car as this one. I hope to keep it for a long time to come. It has a comfortable ride, handles well, and takes care of my pocketbook. Glad I bought this car instead of another Mopar.

Solid Sedan
By adam0311 on 03/01/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned it for 2 years. It is 5 years old now. The leather on the driver seat has a small crack, and in a door, there is a ringing noise from a loose screw. Other than that, I'm impressed, I have had to veer out of trouble once and it handled superbly. Mileage is great, it is maintenance friendly. The cockpit is set up well and stylish, which will add to its longevity. The lumbar support is great. Leather is the way to go for ease of cleaning. The rims are stylish, and easy to clean without being flashy. The stereo is great with the 6 disc changer. For this particular year, I think the Accord beats out most of its competitors. Camry I think is good too, just preference.

2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6
By Kevin on 02/08/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased 2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6 new due to internet reviews. 1st Honda ever purchased. Worst car I have ever owned for road noise. Dealer worked road noise problem, but unable to correct road noise problem. 40,000 miles on car, started hearing pecking/knocking noise in engine. Honda dealer informed me that noise was #6 piston? Honda dealer explanation of piston noise was engine block might have out of tolerance machining during manufacturing and would cost $1300.00 for an inspection to verify. A 2nd independent certified mechanic opinion confirmed engine noise as #6 piston & not uncommon in Hondas. Not pleased with Honda quality or Honda customer support. First & last Honda I will own!

5 yrs 120K still drives like new.. really
By RNarenDMD on 01/12/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my '03 BMW 530i for this car in 2004 due to reliability issues. At the time, I really felt I was taking a step down. However, this is hands down the best car I've ever owned. What it loses in coolness, it makes up for with quality, comfort, economy, & bullet proof reliability. I have over 120K on it now. Apart from routine maint. it has needed nothing. Not a single thing. No squeaks, rattles. Interior materials top notch, wearing well. Engine actually has more pull now than when new & smooth as ever. Avg. 25mpg on regular. Have tried to come up with a reason to trade it in for a fancier car, but can't. Still offers more features than many new luxury makes in 2009.