Used 2004 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Like no other
By Nico

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the accord 2004 EX with 33,000 miles with light hail damage. Never had any problem so far. I love the handling of this car, very comfortable and good fuel economy for a mid-size sedan. upgraded from my old car 1998 accord.

Handling, interior looks

Audio/CD player has no Aux and USB port accessible from outside.

Best Car Yet
By Patty

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best car that I have ever owned. Hardly any maintenance, great gas mileage and always dependable. I have replaced the rear brake pads at 35,000 miles, new tires and a new battery and that's it in 6 years. The only drawback is that my tall husband hates getting into this car. The leg room in the passenger seat is very generous.

fun to drive

better warranty

Honda Corp a.k.a rip off kings
By No More Hondas

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read these reviews and you see Honda is not the reliability car we were lead to believe. I purchased this money pit new because I drive for work and wanted a car that would last and not nickel and dime me down the road. Wow did I pick the wrong car! The transmission had a recall and I took it in at 18K. They checked it out and install a oil kit. At 48k dropped out and Honda would not cover the labor of $700. They did replace the radio that failed around the same time. Since then the power steering motor, master cylinder, radiator and struts all have failed and needed replacing for a total of over $2,500 not including the transmission. NEVER BUY A HONDA!

I can sell it someday.

Customer Service, a car that works, a company that backs the car. A car that works.

2004 accord coupe v6 6 mt
By Barry

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my black on black, Accord coupe in 2008 with 49,000 mi. The 6 disc CD player, trim pieces over door, sun glass holder needed new spring, and emergency cable were replaced under warranty. One rear strut replaced after warranty. Car sticks to the road like glue during heavy rain storms. Power to burn. Hang onto the steering wheel, car torques like crazy in the first three gears with a great exhaust sound. The six speed is one slick shifter. Gas mileage continues to improve with age (90,000 mi) 35 mpg highway. Firm suspension, corners well. Great stereo. Love the heated seats and auto up and down driver window.

240 hp, six speed mt, acceleration, stiff suspension, cornering, stereo, great interior. Test drove BMW 228, Honda has more power and sweeter shifter than BMW, plus $20,000 less.

Better brakes. Not crazy about the bubble rear end. Had a 1998 accord coupe, v6, auto that had nicer lines. Biggest mistake Honda made was not putting a 6 mt with the V6 engine in 1998-2002 models. Now if Honda would only make a hard top convertible!

Great Overall Car
By Dennis Schlottman

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in April 09' with just under 28k. Now at 58K and no problems. Great performance from the V6.Fuel economy is excellent at 28 - 32 mpg. I do my own maintenance which includes draining and filing the transmission fluid every 15k. "Honda Trans fluid only.

V6 performance, fuel economy