2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Car Yet
By Patty on 09/07/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best car that I have ever owned. Hardly any maintenance, great gas mileage and always dependable. I have replaced the rear brake pads at 35,000 miles, new tires and a new battery and that's it in 6 years. The only drawback is that my tall husband hates getting into this car. The leg room in the passenger seat is very generous.

Honda Corp a.k.a rip off kings
By No More Hondas on 08/24/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read these reviews and you see Honda is not the reliability car we were lead to believe. I purchased this money pit new because I drive for work and wanted a car that would last and not nickel and dime me down the road. Wow did I pick the wrong car! The transmission had a recall and I took it in at 18K. They checked it out and install a oil kit. At 48k dropped out and Honda would not cover the labor of $700. They did replace the radio that failed around the same time. Since then the power steering motor, master cylinder, radiator and struts all have failed and needed replacing for a total of over $2,500 not including the transmission. NEVER BUY A HONDA!

2004 accord coupe v6 6 mt
By Barry on 08/19/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my black on black, Accord coupe in 2008 with 49,000 mi. The 6 disc CD player, trim pieces over door, sun glass holder needed new spring, and emergency cable were replaced under warranty. One rear strut replaced after warranty. Car sticks to the road like glue during heavy rain storms. Power to burn. Hang onto the steering wheel, car torques like crazy in the first three gears with a great exhaust sound. The six speed is one slick shifter. Gas mileage continues to improve with age (90,000 mi) 35 mpg highway. Firm suspension, corners well. Great stereo. Love the heated seats and auto up and down driver window.

Great Overall Car
By Dennis Schlottman on 08/19/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in April 09' with just under 28k. Now at 58K and no problems. Great performance from the V6.Fuel economy is excellent at 28 - 32 mpg. I do my own maintenance which includes draining and filing the transmission fluid every 15k. "Honda Trans fluid only.

Excellent Value
By Scott on 08/16/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the EX V6 w/NAV new in 2004. We've put 114,000 miles on it and so far have only changed the oil and replaced the tires! We have had no problems with the brakes or transmission. The V6 gives excellent power so we can safely pass uphill if needed. Handles great - takes tight corners without making a sound.

Awesome car
By benmoiralamborn5 on 08/16/10 05:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 78,000 miles, in little over 2 years we have put on another 62,000 miles. Change the oil every 5,000 miles religiously. Other than a new set of tires that is it. In my opinion the body styling looks better than the new models. I may look for a low mileage similar model when buying again.

Great car
By jml on 06/26/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far this has been a great car. I was kind of concerned with the high mileage, but after I had the car checked out by 2 different mechanics, I was told that this is a great used car to buy and should get many more miles on it.

Very reliable
By Connie on 05/13/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 04, have never had a problem, now has 125,000 miles and have only replaced battery and rotors. Great car!

had it for 4 days and radio light went b
By km on 05/11/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hi, i just bought a used 04 honda accord ex with only 49,000 miles on it. The car has power and it drives really nice. The only problem that i have had is that the radio backlight just went dim. I guess this is a known problem with this year Accords.and the dealer said they would fix it. Other then that I hope to have a good time with this ride because I like it and Hondas are supposed to be good cars.

Great Car
By ricks54chevy on 05/07/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

While no car is perfect for all this one is great for many. Just got this recently from my dad's estate in Az. Drove it to Maryland and have used it for a few months and now ready to sell. First off I will miss it. This car combines very good acceleration with great fuel economy for the size. It sits and transports four full sized adults and all their stuff comfortably. It rides on the stiff side but in return provides great control. If you want cushy and floaty buy a Buick or Camry. If you like apexes and sweeping on ramps this is for you. I have achieved mpg 20's in town and low 30's on the open road. Not at all bad for the level of comfort, performance, and reliability.