Used 2004 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Leather Coupe Florida
By Samuel James Jr

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Honda Accord Coupe is great car to drive. I have to drive round trip everyday about 140 miles. The Front driver and passenger sits are comfortable and relaxing. All controls are at your fingertips. This 4 cylinder save me a lot of gas money over my previous Cadillac Seville SLS. The exterior looks like a more expensive sport coupe.

Favorite Features

I love the entertainment features with steering wheel controls. Also, the dual climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control and the entertainment controls on the steering wheel should be lighted

Nice coupe
By jmurigu

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a nice coupe, improved many features lacking in the previous model. More power, smooth quiet ride and standard keyless entry with engine immobilizer

Suggested Improvements

the interior: the cloth seats are of poor quality not upto Honda standard.

BIG MANS FITS INTO HONDA ACCORD
By RLEHR

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY ACCORD. I AM A 6'2 350 POUND MAN AND I LOVE MY HONDA ACCORD. WITH THE ADJUSTABLE STEERRING WHEEL AND THE POWER SEAT I HAVE FOUND THIS CAR TO BE VERTY COMFORTABLE AND ALOT OF FUN TO DRIVE. THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT I WOULD MAKE IS MAKING THE CONSOLE BETWEEN THE FRONT SEATS A LITTLE PLUSHER AND HIGHER OR AT LEAST MAKE A ACCESSORY THAT WOULD ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING

Favorite Features

V6 ENGINE IS REALLY QUICK AND RESPONSIVE. I USED TO OWN A 5.0 MUSTANG AND BELIEVE THIS CAR OUT PERFORMS THE STANG 0-80 FOR SURE

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT I WOULD MAKE IS MAKING THE CONSOLE BETWEEN THE FRONT SEAT A LITTLE PLUSHER AND HIGHER OR AT LEAST MAKE A ACCESSORY THAT WOULD ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING. ALSO A AADDITIONAL PLACE TO ADD A CELL PHONE HOLDER WOULD BE NICE

I can't believe I bought an import...
By Epaphroditus

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The EX adds enough features to make it worth the price premium over the LX. 5- speed is a joy to use, although the i- VTEC peaks at 5,500rpm. Interior is, far and away, the best in class. Teenagers like the look; adults think it is a sports car. Also enjoyable is the 30mpg in the city and 37 on the highway (EPA says 26/34). The resale is also predicted to be well above average for this segment.

Favorite Features

Ergonomics. Handling is comfortable but steady on twisty roads. 6-disc changer, sunroof, ABS, power everything, quad 5-star crash ratings, and oil changes recommeded every 10,000 miles... for 23k? What's not to like!

Suggested Improvements

2.4 i-VTEC 4-cylinder makes 160hp in the Accord but 200 in the TSX. With Nissan making 175 in its Altima 4-cyl and GM offering base V6's making 185ish, Honda should squeeze at least another 20hp from this motor to keep its edge!

Great car
By sqrmax

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The feel I get from the 2 door Accord's look is that of performance without bragging (I hate Mustangs for being the opposite). The controls couldn't be designed better. No other car even came close. The 4 cylinder engine has real climbing power at low rpms. The transmission is incredibly smooth, you can barely notice it's switching gears. The seats are great, which helps when you are driving mildly fast in twisty roads. The handling and steering feel very nice, but I find it difficult to sense when the tires will finally give in.

Favorite Features

Outstanding controls and driver comfort. Excellent engine and transmission performance. All buttons large and clearly labeled, reachable without reaching out. Strong feeling of confidence.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, somewhat squeaky interior over rough concrete / rough asphalt. Automatic climate control doesn't have no a/c mode. Power seat adjustment bar threads can get stripped easily. Seeing where the rear wheels are driving into is tough.