2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Electrical Lemon
By kiisha on 03/15/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a little over 120,000 miles on my car. I bought it new and since 2006 I have had 4 electrical problems. It all started w/ a recall on the radio whose screen is currently fading in/out; I'm certain its on the verge of going black. The entire middle console is no longer illuminated making it difficult at night to navigate controls. The price alone to do just a diagnostic test is $150! The actuator on the passenger window was replaced TWICE under warranty (problem disengaged power windows). The lock on the driver door malfunctioned-covered by warranty. The most recent problem-trunk lock became inoperable-actuator replaced for the grand total (incl. labor) $263. Honda has disappointed me!

Best car I've ever owned
By 91_bmw on 02/23/11 12:13 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars including 4 Hondas, and this is the most reliable, lowest cost to own of them all. Tons of room for our family of 4 and only routine maintenance so far (oil, brakes, tires, etc.). Could get a little better mpg for a 4 cyl car, but gets over 30 mpg on the highway so can't complain too much. Very comfortable leather interior, good legroom (I'm 6'5" tall), and plenty of trunk space. Car now has 132,000 miles and doesn't leak or burn any oil, and the transmission still feels very strong with no issues so far. Can't imagine being happier with another car. Have always liked Hondas, but this one is by far the best I've owned.

My Honda Accord
By averagejoe3 on 02/22/11 18:51 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 2004 accord two years ago. It already had 70 k miles and got it thourghly checked. Now, after two years I have mixed feelings about it.

Great, reliable, soccer-mom car
By mach76 on 02/12/11 09:51 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '04 in '07 with 34k miles. After 4 years & 100,000 miles the car has certainly fulfilled it's mission very well. I originally evaluated this car against a BMW 3 or 5 series. I dearly wanted the latter but considered my budget & driving needs - I live in So Cal and would be making regular trips to Las Vegas for work. I envisioned myself in Baker with a broke-down Bimmer - calling in to work to say I can't make it due to car problems doesn't fly (I'm a pilot). I searched for and found a 4-cyl. Accord-EX with leather and a stick. The stick to give myself at least the illusion of driving a real car. The 4-cyl. model for fuel economy and better reported reliability than the 6.

Transmission!!!!!!!!
By sweetpea2009 on 12/15/10 16:35 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navigation. This is the 2nd Honda I have owned and I still owe $6,100 on it and it is sitting in a transmission shop right now :( And my quote is $3,000 to fix it. The car is only 6 years old and only has 144,000 miles on and the transmission goes out, there is something wrong with honda's Transmissions and to keep there customers happy they need to make good on their product . I really used to love Honda's but not anymore, I have changed my mind and to anyone that is getting a review on this car before you buy it, I would say that it is not a good investment and I just would not do it, I would look at a Toyota before you go this route!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best value for a vehicle
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First car owned where I didn't use the bumper to bumper warranty, and after 6.5 years, and 139K miles, never a broken item, or single adjustment. Replaced tires, brakes, rotors once, air filters, oil change every 3K, and transmission drain and fill every 15K. Still love the way it drives, hoping to get 300K.

2004 Accord
By John on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new and used it as my over-the-road salesman car for three years, and have had it for 4 years since I retired in 2006. I've mostly driven Chevies & Volvos over the past 50 years and this is by far the most dependable and trouble-free car I've ever owned. I have 144,000 miles on it and the only repairs I've done outside of routine maintenance has been to replace the rear struts and fix a valve on the a heater hose. The brakes have never been touched! I will pass this along to one of my kids some day. I drove it from Maine to Minn and back and averaged 37 mpg.

Transmission
By ANITA on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car only 3 yrs ago, have had to put rear brakes, general maintenance overall. the only problem that hurts is that the transmission went out at 93,000 miles. The mechanic said that is a Honda flaw. Good fun car to drive. my teen did well learning to drive this car, even though i feel there is a blind spot in the rear.

Worst Honda I have owned
By clay58 on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 trouble free Honda Accords prior to buying this 2004. I cannot recommend the 2004 Accord but I am well pleased with Honda service. Bought this certified used Honda with 13,000 miles on it. Came with a 7/100,000 mile power-train warranty. The radio went out in Feb 2010. Honda replaced it free of charge. The brake master cylinder failed at 75,000 miles and I replaced it myself. Then last month Oct, 2010 the transmission failed with 77,000 miles on the odometer. The cost to replace the transmission was $3,500 at the dealer. Warranty ran out 5 weeks prior to the trans failing. After a call to Honda they agreed to pay $2,500 on this repair even though it was out of warranty. Great!

Like no other
By Nico on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the accord 2004 EX with 33,000 miles with light hail damage. Never had any problem so far. I love the handling of this car, very comfortable and good fuel economy for a mid-size sedan. upgraded from my old car 1998 accord.