2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
One of the best choices I made
By sepbone on 05/30/12 17:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought one year ago at 175,000 miles and have no problems and has gotten more and more fun to drive. This is my dream car. Keep up on maintenance and you will have a great car for a long time! Thanks Honda!

Glad to be back with Honda
By scottwax on 10/03/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1990 Accord for several years, sold it with 280k miles, current owner works at a tire store near me so I know it still runs! After the Accord, I had a 1999 626 and two 2002 Nissan Maximas (one an automatic, one a 6 speed). After I found out my Dad was replacing his 2004 Accord EX V6 with a truck, I offered to buy it. Only 75k miles and meticulously maintained. As much as I miss the acceleration of my 6 speed Maxima, the Accord is no slouch, runs about as well as my automatic Maxima did but with better mileage. I'm averaging 21-22 in the city (and the Dallas area has no clue how to synchronize traffic lights) and a trip to Kentucky and back got me 30.4 mpg at 75-78 mph!

Transmission!!!!!!!!
By sweetpea2009 on 12/15/10 16:35 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navigation. This is the 2nd Honda I have owned and I still owe $6,100 on it and it is sitting in a transmission shop right now :( And my quote is $3,000 to fix it. The car is only 6 years old and only has 144,000 miles on and the transmission goes out, there is something wrong with honda's Transmissions and to keep there customers happy they need to make good on their product . I really used to love Honda's but not anymore, I have changed my mind and to anyone that is getting a review on this car before you buy it, I would say that it is not a good investment and I just would not do it, I would look at a Toyota before you go this route!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Value
By Scott on 08/16/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the EX V6 w/NAV new in 2004. We've put 114,000 miles on it and so far have only changed the oil and replaced the tires! We have had no problems with the brakes or transmission. The V6 gives excellent power so we can safely pass uphill if needed. Handles great - takes tight corners without making a sound.

Nice face but ugly butt
By Matt on 01/11/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda and kind of surprised I bought the 2004 because when I first saw the 2003 I was turned off by the styling. It looked as if some bean counters at Honda had to cut some where so they lopped the rear end off. It took me a good year to get use to it. When it came time to replace my 94 Accord(which we gave to our son)the 2004 still offered the most bag for the buck. All the bells and wistles for $26K was too hard to pass up. I just don't look back(at the back end of the car unless I have to). Matt-Maine

This car is perfect
By Indiana on 12/03/04 21:23 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new 1986 Honda Accord DX in 1986. That car was with me through thick and thin. My new car is quite a step up. But the old car's reliability allowed for a big down payment on the new car. I test drove a BMW 325i, Infiniti G35 and Acura TL. The 2004 Honda Accord that I purchased proved to be the best buy for the money. A 240 horsepower engine that runs on regular gas sealed the deal for me. I would have liked the Acura but the Honda is the next best thing. I drive it daily and love the XM radio and Navigation. Voice recognition makes quit an impression on passengers. Leather seats are comfortable. The back seat space allows for maximum comfort rear seat passengers.

HONDA V6 WITH NAV
By EITON1 on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

GREAT CAR FAST FUN TO DRIVE

2003 Honda EX v6
By RCW on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Honda - I love it. Best part about our Honda Accord EX is that it is sporty but also a great family car.

Complete Package At The Right Price!
By Realtor01 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got the vehicle at clearance pricing which was a blessing on its own. Put on 500 miles in two days and the ride was a dream. Exterior style works because it seems to reduce wind noise when you have the windows down. Navigation system leads the way and is always out to impress others who share the vehicle. Love the fact that the nav screen is touch screen and that you can also use it to display XM Radio/CD/AM/FM (which shows Artist name & Song title), A/C controls & even has a calculator + calendar. Rear leg room is superb, trunk space is great for signs and quick getaways. Excellent on long drives (100 miles each way) and sharp handling reflexes. Took a fast turn and it handled flawlessly.

Great car!
By honda convert on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My family usually purchases American made cars but these have had some reliability problems lately. We've tried to look at Hondas before but weren't happy with the sales personnel at the local dealership. This time the strong reviews and the resale value of the Accord made us take a second look at a Honda. We were fortunate to meet up with a good salesperson too. The Accord is well designed and has great acceleration. Very little body lean and sound handling on tight corners. Seats are comfortable and the ride is good. Good highway gas mileage. I would definitely purchase this car again!