Used 2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car I've had yet
By Rafael

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very clean inside and out cheap to maintain. I was going to get a brand new 2015 Hyundai Elantra and I'm happy I didn't this Honda is %100 better, I bought about 1 month ago with 128,000 miles and its still like New. I've driven a lot of cars and this one is my all time favorite and can't wait to have for years to come. I'll write more when I get close to 200,000 miles. Happy Honda Guy guesswho100k

My favorite car EVER, and I've had quite a few
By Chris K

My first car was a 1981 Accord coupe. Later a Civic, then a Prelude, Another Accord Coupe (all were manual transmissions). This EX is an automatic. Luxurious, comfortable, fast with the V-6, and has only required normal maintenance aside from a power steering pump/hose (recall), starter, a couple of belts and tires. At 11-yrs-old and 96000 miles, it is still our chosen "road trip" car, although our other car is newer. Huge trunk, back seats that fold down, you can't beat it. I bought it at 3-yrs old from a friend and still just love driving it. Close to needing the brake pads and timing belt replaced, but so what! Drove a Saab for 3 years in the middle, and after all the breakdowns, sold it and went back to Honda.

One of the best choices I made
By sepbone

Bought one year ago at 175,000 miles and have no problems and has gotten more and more fun to drive. This is my dream car. Keep up on maintenance and you will have a great car for a long time! Thanks Honda!

V6 gives me plenty of power and acceleration. The stereo, sunroof, and look of the car gives me the all the fun I want in a car!

Perfect for the year!

Glad to be back with Honda
By scottwax

I had a 1990 Accord for several years, sold it with 280k miles, current owner works at a tire store near me so I know it still runs! After the Accord, I had a 1999 626 and two 2002 Nissan Maximas (one an automatic, one a 6 speed). After I found out my Dad was replacing his 2004 Accord EX V6 with a truck, I offered to buy it. Only 75k miles and meticulously maintained. As much as I miss the acceleration of my 6 speed Maxima, the Accord is no slouch, runs about as well as my automatic Maxima did but with better mileage. I'm averaging 21-22 in the city (and the Dallas area has no clue how to synchronize traffic lights) and a trip to Kentucky and back got me 30.4 mpg at 75-78 mph!

The 3.0 V6 is a real jewel of an engine. Less torque than a VQ35 but noticeably stronger above 5000 rpms. Plus, while Honda doesn't advertise this, one of their engineers said that while the car was engineered to run on regular, using premium fuel allows more spark advance and you gain 10 hp and 10 lb-ft of torque. Is it worth the extra 30 cents per gallon? I think it is, at least around town. The interior is much more upscale than my Maximas, seats are better bolstered, love the huge speedometer. Fit, finish and panel gaps are excellent. Ride is a lot smoother than my Maximas but still gives you decent road feel.

The biggest thing I miss from my Maximas is the midrange torque, would have been nice if the Accord had the 3.2 from the Acura instead, even if slightly de-tuned to the 250 hp mark. Second biggest thing I miss? Factory HID headlights. Even the 8th generation Accords don't have them. Considering all of the Accords competition has at least the option of HID headlights, it just boggles my mind that they aren't available. I swapped in some Silverstar Ultra bulbs, which made a nice improvement but still not like having HIDs.

Transmission!!!!!!!!
By sweetpea2009

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navigation. This is the 2nd Honda I have owned and I still owe $6,100 on it and it is sitting in a transmission shop right now :( And my quote is $3,000 to fix it. The car is only 6 years old and only has 144,000 miles on and the transmission goes out, there is something wrong with honda's Transmissions and to keep there customers happy they need to make good on their product . I really used to love Honda's but not anymore, I have changed my mind and to anyone that is getting a review on this car before you buy it, I would say that it is not a good investment and I just would not do it, I would look at a Toyota before you go this route!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda needs to come out and say that they have bad transmissions and make good on their product. I have also had problems with power steering and electrical problems. Just not a good buy if u ask me and that sad because I used to love honda's to death :( They lost a very valuable customer :( I am going to get a toyota now, at least they can admit that had a problem with there vehicles and corrected them.