2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car in all respects.
By njoosse on 11/14/12 13:28 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for nearly 5 years. Bought with about 45,000miles, now it has about 110,000miles. No Problems at all, changed front brakes once, still has original rear brakes. Changed original battery when the car was 7 years old, changed spark plugs once. Great fuel mileage, roomy, comfortable, handles very well. Fantastic bang for the buck. I own a big block trans am, so I know performance, and this 4 cylinder performs very well, more than enough power for day to day driving. Paint is fading, but hey, its 9 years old... Engine and ABS light are on, but oh well.. Best car I've ever owned, and the way its going I'll probably have it for a long time to come.

BAD NAME WITH HONDA
By car_owner2004 on 07/27/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I honestly have become disappointed with this car - I have owned this car for over 6 years and ever since I went over the 100K in miles (the past two years - currently at 121K) - This car has completely fallen apart.. I have never missed an oil change or maintenance - I have copies of ever invoice since bought at 21K miles. I just found out today I have to have the MOTOR replaced, this after replacing the Power Steering Pump, hoses, axle, arms, door locks, needs new battery every year and many moe items. Every six to seven months I am spending 600- 1K on work and now 3K to replace the motor.

One of the best choices I made
By sepbone on 05/30/12 17:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought one year ago at 175,000 miles and have no problems and has gotten more and more fun to drive. This is my dream car. Keep up on maintenance and you will have a great car for a long time! Thanks Honda!

Poor
By yamaha776 on 03/17/12 04:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have drove hondas before this is the worst. I am spending more money on repairs than the value of the car. I think I am going to try a camary next. I had issues with the front axles, airbags and the car was not in ANY accidents!! Even Honda couldnt understand it, which I think was a LIE!

Bad Paint/Clearcoat
By donthebiker on 11/10/11 11:48 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since new. And the paint/clear coat has deteriorated down to bare metal along much of the top surfaces of the car and is showing signs of surface rust. I have taken this issue to Honda's Regional Manager and they are refusing to even pay for part of the repair, let alone all of it. So now I have to decide if I want to spend $4500 (the cost of a new engine, or 10 timing belts) on a car that's worth over $10,500 (with good paint) or not. This is my 6th Honda and may very well be my last, as I am not buying from a Manufacturer that skimps on their paint and clear coat. This problem has been expressed by 100's and possibly 1000's of Honda owners around the world.

Glad to be back with Honda
By scottwax on 10/03/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1990 Accord for several years, sold it with 280k miles, current owner works at a tire store near me so I know it still runs! After the Accord, I had a 1999 626 and two 2002 Nissan Maximas (one an automatic, one a 6 speed). After I found out my Dad was replacing his 2004 Accord EX V6 with a truck, I offered to buy it. Only 75k miles and meticulously maintained. As much as I miss the acceleration of my 6 speed Maxima, the Accord is no slouch, runs about as well as my automatic Maxima did but with better mileage. I'm averaging 21-22 in the city (and the Dallas area has no clue how to synchronize traffic lights) and a trip to Kentucky and back got me 30.4 mpg at 75-78 mph!

every year something new
By rashadr on 08/17/11 19:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i like my 2004 accord but honda really mess up the electronics that comes in the car. like my radio went out in 2008 and now i have to get key because it won't lock or aything but my key light still comes on when i press a button and i already had replace it before.And i also had to replace the transmission and it only got 103,000 miles.its a fun car to drive and it get very good gas mileage the problems on this car is just not worth it.

Best car I've ever owned
By 91_bmw on 02/23/11 12:13 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars including 4 Hondas, and this is the most reliable, lowest cost to own of them all. Tons of room for our family of 4 and only routine maintenance so far (oil, brakes, tires, etc.). Could get a little better mpg for a 4 cyl car, but gets over 30 mpg on the highway so can't complain too much. Very comfortable leather interior, good legroom (I'm 6'5" tall), and plenty of trunk space. Car now has 132,000 miles and doesn't leak or burn any oil, and the transmission still feels very strong with no issues so far. Can't imagine being happier with another car. Have always liked Hondas, but this one is by far the best I've owned.

My Honda Accord
By averagejoe3 on 02/22/11 18:51 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 2004 accord two years ago. It already had 70 k miles and got it thourghly checked. Now, after two years I have mixed feelings about it.

Great, reliable, soccer-mom car
By mach76 on 02/12/11 09:51 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '04 in '07 with 34k miles. After 4 years & 100,000 miles the car has certainly fulfilled it's mission very well. I originally evaluated this car against a BMW 3 or 5 series. I dearly wanted the latter but considered my budget & driving needs - I live in So Cal and would be making regular trips to Las Vegas for work. I envisioned myself in Baker with a broke-down Bimmer - calling in to work to say I can't make it due to car problems doesn't fly (I'm a pilot). I searched for and found a 4-cyl. Accord-EX with leather and a stick. The stick to give myself at least the illusion of driving a real car. The 4-cyl. model for fuel economy and better reported reliability than the 6.