Used 2004 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 729 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

LOve my Accord!!
By Jim

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car from new. Over 11 years and 165k miles later and it runs and drives great! I maintain the fluids myself and have done a few brake jobs. I'm amazed at how well the car has aged, and now understand first hand, "brand loyalty". I would buy another Accord in a heartbeat and am eyeing the tenth generation as a replacement, but only, ONLY if Honda still offers a manual transmission. The MT in this car is superb for the price point and has been flawless. The 2.4 I4 engine is also a gem. It is extraordinary how well this car has been engineered, the powertrain, the steering, the interior layout and controls, the comfort of the seats are all exemplary. Everything works together seamlessly, and I still very much enjoy driving it.
One negative is that the paint is rather weak and I have had to fix a few minor rust bubbles on the fenders and one on the hood. This despite regular washes, including rinsing the undercarriage and wheelwells, and waxes. There are no major rust issues.
Another annoyance is that while the HVAC is generally good, the floor vents are some of the weakest I have experienced. I want my feet warm during the Wintertime while still breathing cooler air. For some reason heat is not directed fully to the feet but seems to come more out of the top vents.
One other is that the engine, "clacks" in colder weather when started. My understanding is that this is piston slap. While it does not seem to affect long term reliability of the engine it is nonetheless disconcerting, but I have become used to it.
Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase, and look forward to a new Accord in the future if Honda continues to manufacture benchmark vehicles and only if they still offer a manual transmission.

Would Buy It all over again!
By RC

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car 8 years ago. It had 74,000 miles on it at the time. I now have 213,000 and it still runs as smooth as silk. Only repairs I've had to make were due to simply age. As much as I would love a newer car I'm in no hurry to as the price of even a good used car is ridiculous. Best statement I can make is I would drive this car across the country and not even think about it!

Best car I've had yet
By Rafael

2004 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very clean inside and out cheap to maintain. I was going to get a brand new 2015 Hyundai Elantra and I'm happy I didn't this Honda is %100 better, I bought about 1 month ago with 128,000 miles and its still like New. I've driven a lot of cars and this one is my all time favorite and can't wait to have for years to come. I'll write more when I get close to 200,000 miles. Happy Honda Guy guesswho100k

310,000 miles running strong
By Konstantin

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car has 310,000 miles on it and running strong. I am the only owner. Changed starter only. I like the car. Do not want to sell it.

THE CAR IS A TROOPER
By JACKIE

2004 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

145000 miles had since new Sep 2003 ,,now son has been driving it last 4 years, in his last year of college. Other than normal wear items
The car has been wonderful...