2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

EX V-6 Coupe (3.0L V6 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
The Honda Accord EX Vtec 6 cylinder with the 6 speed transmission makes you feel like your driving a higher end car!
By hondaonly1 on 01/01/15 22:09 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Shopping for a used Honda for my son the first rule was that we were NOT getting an Automatic due to the fact that having worked for Honda Automotive for 20 plus years I knew that most people do NOT change the ATF like their supposed to causing problems way too soon. We got lucky & found the right car which was the 1st one we looked at, a 6 spd 6 cyl 2 door coupe black EX with leather and loaded. This car is amazing! It performs like a higher end car similar to a BMW. Car Fax was great with every possible thing & more done as far as maintenance goes along with no accidents or anything even close to being a problem. If you can get lucky and find this combo buy it! They are very hard to find.

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004 on 01/30/14 22:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

THIS THING IS AWESOME THERE ARE NO BETTER CARS FOR THE MONEY! PERIOD!
By jeffsmith888 on 04/24/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never been in a car that was so extraordinarily good at everything, and with an affordable price. I can not use words in my vocabulary to accurately describe how awesome this car is. These cars are very hard to find with manual transmissions. Keep on looking, and when you find one, DO NOT HESITATE! and buy it. SOMEONE ELSE WILL FIND IT FIRST AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU!. I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed. AT ALL... (I bought this car for $7200 from a dealer. my dad thought i was a [non-permissible content removed] for spending this much on my first car.. until he got a chance to drive it. He offered to trade me his 2006 accord v6 4 door because he loved the 6 speed manual that much.

2004 accord coupe v6 6 mt
By Barry on 08/19/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my black on black, Accord coupe in 2008 with 49,000 mi. The 6 disc CD player, trim pieces over door, sun glass holder needed new spring, and emergency cable were replaced under warranty. One rear strut replaced after warranty. Car sticks to the road like glue during heavy rain storms. Power to burn. Hang onto the steering wheel, car torques like crazy in the first three gears with a great exhaust sound. The six speed is one slick shifter. Gas mileage continues to improve with age (90,000 mi) 35 mpg highway. Firm suspension, corners well. Great stereo. Love the heated seats and auto up and down driver window.

Love the power and ride
By 6 Speed on 07/30/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for over 5 years with 68K mileage. No major mechanical problems. The car radio Headunit backlight did go dead the the dealer, replaced it. This was a TSB from Honda to all dealerships. Their is some road noise but that's because the car has a lower clearance than Toyota's. The lower clearance gives honda a better handling and feel of the road where the Camry feels like you are floating going all over the road.For a V6 this car gets good gas mileage, 18-19 city and 29-30 highway. The fauk leather in the driver's seat does where down and stretch but no cracks.

2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6
By Kevin on 02/08/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased 2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6 new due to internet reviews. 1st Honda ever purchased. Worst car I have ever owned for road noise. Dealer worked road noise problem, but unable to correct road noise problem. 40,000 miles on car, started hearing pecking/knocking noise in engine. Honda dealer informed me that noise was #6 piston? Honda dealer explanation of piston noise was engine block might have out of tolerance machining during manufacturing and would cost $1300.00 for an inspection to verify. A 2nd independent certified mechanic opinion confirmed engine noise as #6 piston & not uncommon in Hondas. Not pleased with Honda quality or Honda customer support. First & last Honda I will own!

there are bad apples in every bunch
By unhappy in Florida on 10/14/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Since I bought the vehicle it has had a new trans and a new driver's seat, and a new radio. Now I need to replace the head liner. You don't expect these things to happen to a high quality car. Will not perchase another one.

I love this car!
By Ashanti on 08/31/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the best in its class. It has the perfect blend of luxury and sports car. The acceleration is amazing! I feel that my 2004 model compares to any 2008 model car with its performance. I'm a young college student with a car thats affordable on gas, and has a classy, forever young look to it. I will grow with this car for sure and just know that it will last me through grad school!

My Accord Coupe
By James on 05/23/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my accord coupe for over four and a half years and I'm am happy with it so far. Other than a few rattles from the interior and my stereo needing to be replaced (which was covered by my extended warranty) it's working out great.

Great Car and Speedy
By wes on 05/14/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the V6 Coupe b/c I needed a car that was comfortable, fast, and reliable. It also has Nav which I love (I drive a lot b/c of job). The Nav is very easy to use and I like the touch screen for all other controls e.g. AC, Audio, Nav, Trip computer etc. The car drives well, corners ok, but it has a lot of pep in it. 0-60 just under 7sec, stock. Leather could be better, drivers side bolster is showing wear, but its covered under extended warranty so I will be getting it replaced. Service not expensive, tires not bad, less than $100 each. Console does not click closed properly, started after 16 months.