Used 2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Fern

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I bought it new and have not had anything fail yet, except for a noise in the clutch pedal. The pedal was replaced under warranty.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, XM Radio, and sporty interior. The stereo sounds great for a factory system.

Suggested Improvements

None

Mostly Accolades for the Accord Coupe
By Happy Honda Owner

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a fabulous car. I am very pleased with it and would lease one again. Visibility is an issue with this vehicle. The frame to the left and right of the front windshield is rather wide & it impairs visibility especially when converging upon 4-way stops with cars approaching to left or right at the same speed. They can totally be hidden from view as can pedestrians. Over the shoulder visibility is also somewhat limited and extra time is needed to double- check blind spots.

Favorite Features

I'm rather pleased with getting an average city/hwy mileage of 28mpg along with decent acceleration abilities. The 6-disc CD changer and car stereo are decent, as is the electric adjustable seat height. Leg room is good. The moon roof is thoroughly enjoyed. Reliability is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

The sunglass holder pops down unexpectedly & there have been a few dashboard squeaks up at the passenger front airbags area. Visibility issues, explained above. ALL controls need backlighting on the steering wheel & doors--difficult to locate at night. Window up/down icon confusing to passengers.

Not all that I expected
By Accord Coupe

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I graduated from college I could not wait to get my Accord Coupe, now I am looking forward to my next vehicle. I had very high expectations which have not been met. Every time I have a rattle fixed a new one develops. Luckily, my dealer doesn't mind me bringing the car is every other month. The breaks are still good; however, they make noises all the time. Honda needs to re-focus on build quality.

Favorite Features

Interior design and layout of console.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality and brakes. Stability control on the 4 cylinders.

Don't Buy American,Honda that is.
By Eileen

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a huge disappointment. I think that the quality is VERY poor compared to my 1991 accord. Already the road noise in this 2004 is louder than my 15 year old car. With only 8000 miles on it, Honda has had to replace the cylinder head. The mileage is worse than my 1991 vehicle which had the same number of cylinders and less plastic than the 2004. Does not say much for the engineering. Honda engines made in America do not seem reliable at all. Next for them to fix is the heater and A/C. Oh well, live and learn.

Favorite Features

Looks great. This will help the resale of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage. They have not made any improvements in the last 15 years. Interior - please stop the road noise so i can at least hear the stereo.

Awesome car to drive!!!!!!!!!!!
By IQBAL

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the smooth drive. Great looking interior/exterior. I fell in love as soon as I drove it. I love my Honda.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, Ergonomics

Suggested Improvements

none