Used 2004 Honda Accord LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By IDK

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car in every way. Smooth ride, great economy. We have driven this car 57,000 miles and not one problem.

Favorite Features

Great sound. Heated seats. Great get up and go for a 4 cylinder car

Suggested Improvements

Needs more room in the front seats. Wish it was about 3 inches wider.

Great Bang for the Buck
By Jawhawk

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought our red Accord this week. Beautiful car; got a lot of compliments on how sporty it looks. Drives like a dream and the manual transmission shifts wonderfully. Bought it to replace a 99 Saab with a blown transmission. Thought about a new car, but figured we could get a better car used than new in our price range. We think we made a good choice.

Favorite Features

smooth ride, sleek look

Suggested Improvements

the brakes a little too grippy. prefer something a little softer, although I'm sure I'll learn to adjust. Also, small windows make for tricky visibility at times.

4cyl Accord Coupe LX - just OK
By accord_just_OK

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new in '04. The a/c compressor turns on w/a nasty clunk (which makes a noise similar to a bad tranny). The doors and other interior parts rattle. The weather-stripping gets caught in the window when it goes down and makes a loud squeaking sound. Switching the hvac fan direction (blowing on feet to defrost, etc) makes a crackling/grinding noise. Of course the dealer says that there's nothing wrong the car. Called Honda and complained. Never heard a thing except that they sent me a survey to fill out, which I did and still never got a response.

Favorite Features

Smooth rev-ing engine, slick manual 5- sp. Great in the snow. Lots of good cup- holders. Nice bright hi-beams. Overall a nicely engineered car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better build quality...my car anyway. Seats lack padding for my bony butt - which makes long trips uncomfortable.

Accord quality
By warrington

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking car that performs at the top of its class for a 4 cylinder. Vtec engines win loyal customers for their performance and maintenance records. Can't beat the price for what you get.

Favorite Features

Interior design and comfort. Handling and acceleration make for a great deal of enjoyment coming from a 4 cylinder. Not to mention the great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

205/50R16 should be standard and not an option.

BIG MANS FITS INTO HONDA ACCORD
By RLEHR

2004 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY ACCORD. I AM A 6'2 350 POUND MAN AND I LOVE MY HONDA ACCORD. WITH THE ADJUSTABLE STEERRING WHEEL AND THE POWER SEAT I HAVE FOUND THIS CAR TO BE VERTY COMFORTABLE AND ALOT OF FUN TO DRIVE. THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT I WOULD MAKE IS MAKING THE CONSOLE BETWEEN THE FRONT SEATS A LITTLE PLUSHER AND HIGHER OR AT LEAST MAKE A ACCESSORY THAT WOULD ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING

Favorite Features

V6 ENGINE IS REALLY QUICK AND RESPONSIVE. I USED TO OWN A 5.0 MUSTANG AND BELIEVE THIS CAR OUT PERFORMS THE STANG 0-80 FOR SURE

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY IMPROVEMENT I WOULD MAKE IS MAKING THE CONSOLE BETWEEN THE FRONT SEAT A LITTLE PLUSHER AND HIGHER OR AT LEAST MAKE A ACCESSORY THAT WOULD ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING. ALSO A AADDITIONAL PLACE TO ADD A CELL PHONE HOLDER WOULD BE NICE