Used 2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent car, but creaking headliner
By RockvilleBear

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good points: many thoughtful interior convenience features; excellent center console design; excellent acceleration and handling; comfortable seats; great disc brakes; nice courtesy lights everywhere; powerful A/C and heating; in short, many more luxuries than my previous 96 Civic DX which was manual everything. Note: I purchased the Accord w/manual transmission intentionally because I love the control, and I like the Accord's manual shifter as much as I liked my old Civic's manual shifter. I really dislike automatics.

Opening both windows remotely on the second click with the key fob; 6-CD in- dash changer; well-illuminated dials; exceptionally comfortable driver's seat; the CD, radio, volume controls on the steering wheel; the telescoping steering wheel

Illuminated buttons on the steering wheel. Correct the headliner insulation problems! The LOUD, INTRUSIVE creaking over bumps detracts from a beautiful car. I've already had my dealer try to fix the problem once w/o success. The creaking is why I gave this car only a 6 for build quality.

I Love My Honda
By Kelgal123

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really love my Honda Accord Coupe. I have only has it for a month and everytime I look at it, I feel so proud. The interior, exterior, safety features and the engine are wonderful.

I love all the features but the one that I really love is the radio controls on the wheel.

Great styling, to many rattles
By Dancas547

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 Accord Coupe in September 03. I'm writing this here because the only difference between the 04 and the 04 is that the newer model has satelite radio. I love the car's styling, and I've never driver a car that was more comfortable. My only negative comment is that the interior and exterior has too many rattles for a 5 month old car. The ceiling and doors inside all squeak when going over bumps (started soon after purchase) and the exterior bottom running boards rattle going over bumps. Also, when the temp is greater than 50 degrees, my clutch clicks loudly every time it is pressed or released -- spring problem.

The interior and exterior appearance and design is excellent. The car (4c) has more power than some v6s I've driven. I recommend the manual, because controlling the shift points gives you better acceleration than the automatic.

Engineers need to work on how the ceiling attaches to the roof. It squeaks whenever the car hits a bump. Also, the knocking noise that the clutch makes must get fixed -- I didn't buy a Honda to get those kind of noises!

very reliable car
By Komal J

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We test drove several cars such as WV Jetta, Mazda 6, Toyota Celica, BUT we chose to buy Honda Accord. Has high safety ratings. Very reliable and comfortable car. Looks great and drives wonderful. Manager of Honda Rosen was very curteous and helpful, who worked out a best price for us.

6 CD changer, Moonroof, power seat and very efficient fogger clearance.

Infact NONE. I am fully contended.