2004 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004 on 01/30/14 22:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

THIS THING IS AWESOME THERE ARE NO BETTER CARS FOR THE MONEY! PERIOD!
By jeffsmith888 on 04/24/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never been in a car that was so extraordinarily good at everything, and with an affordable price. I can not use words in my vocabulary to accurately describe how awesome this car is. These cars are very hard to find with manual transmissions. Keep on looking, and when you find one, DO NOT HESITATE! and buy it. SOMEONE ELSE WILL FIND IT FIRST AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU!. I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed. AT ALL... (I bought this car for $7200 from a dealer. my dad thought i was a [non-permissible content removed] for spending this much on my first car.. until he got a chance to drive it. He offered to trade me his 2006 accord v6 4 door because he loved the 6 speed manual that much.

I thought Honda's were supposed to be reliable...
By melanierose10 on 09/03/11 23:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Honda used at 120,000 miles. It had several problems that were very expensive to fix. It was very unreliable. It broke down several times randomly - the PCM went out twice, and the EVAP solenoid needed to be replaced. Those were the most costly repairs but it seemed like once one problem was fixed the check engine light would come back on for another reason. Also, a lot of electrical problems that I never had diagnosed, the interior lights never worked and the electric locks didn't either. Other than that, however, my Honda was really fun to drive, and very fast, with lots of amenities, but I would not recommend based on reliability. Drove it to 160,000 miles then sold it.

Electrical Lemon
By kiisha on 03/15/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a little over 120,000 miles on my car. I bought it new and since 2006 I have had 4 electrical problems. It all started w/ a recall on the radio whose screen is currently fading in/out; I'm certain its on the verge of going black. The entire middle console is no longer illuminated making it difficult at night to navigate controls. The price alone to do just a diagnostic test is $150! The actuator on the passenger window was replaced TWICE under warranty (problem disengaged power windows). The lock on the driver door malfunctioned-covered by warranty. The most recent problem-trunk lock became inoperable-actuator replaced for the grand total (incl. labor) $263. Honda has disappointed me!

Honda Corp a.k.a rip off kings
By No More Hondas on 08/24/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Read these reviews and you see Honda is not the reliability car we were lead to believe. I purchased this money pit new because I drive for work and wanted a car that would last and not nickel and dime me down the road. Wow did I pick the wrong car! The transmission had a recall and I took it in at 18K. They checked it out and install a oil kit. At 48k dropped out and Honda would not cover the labor of $700. They did replace the radio that failed around the same time. Since then the power steering motor, master cylinder, radiator and struts all have failed and needed replacing for a total of over $2,500 not including the transmission. NEVER BUY A HONDA!

2004 accord coupe v6 6 mt
By Barry on 08/19/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my black on black, Accord coupe in 2008 with 49,000 mi. The 6 disc CD player, trim pieces over door, sun glass holder needed new spring, and emergency cable were replaced under warranty. One rear strut replaced after warranty. Car sticks to the road like glue during heavy rain storms. Power to burn. Hang onto the steering wheel, car torques like crazy in the first three gears with a great exhaust sound. The six speed is one slick shifter. Gas mileage continues to improve with age (90,000 mi) 35 mpg highway. Firm suspension, corners well. Great stereo. Love the heated seats and auto up and down driver window.

Rocket Coupe
By Brandy on 02/09/10 20:51 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and have had it for 5 years now and mainly do city commuting. I love my car---feel like I am sitting in a cockpit when flying down the freeway. Car has startling zip when punching the gas pedal; can easily overtake on freeway. Routine maintenance is all I have had to do on this car. I rarely use the back seats. Great trunk space. I can easily shop Costco and Lowes and have carried home 6'+ lumber by flipping down seats. My dad calls it my "origami car".

Love it
By California J on 10/07/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 accord coupe in oct 2003, haven't regretted it since. This car is fun to drive with the 3.0 under the hood. After 70000 miles the drivetrain still feels bulletproof, and I was 22 when I purchased it with a very heavy foot. A few tickets later I sometimes wish I went with the 4 door, the back seats don't really have enough space and they're hard to get in and out of. I've had a few small issues, the car was recalled for the dealer to install a trans cooler, the radio went out after three years, both were fixed at no cost to me. Also the weather stripping on the doors started to fall of (fixed easily with a real good glue).

Love the power and ride
By 6 Speed on 07/30/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for over 5 years with 68K mileage. No major mechanical problems. The car radio Headunit backlight did go dead the the dealer, replaced it. This was a TSB from Honda to all dealerships. Their is some road noise but that's because the car has a lower clearance than Toyota's. The lower clearance gives honda a better handling and feel of the road where the Camry feels like you are floating going all over the road.For a V6 this car gets good gas mileage, 18-19 city and 29-30 highway. The fauk leather in the driver's seat does where down and stretch but no cracks.

2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6
By Kevin on 02/08/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased 2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6 new due to internet reviews. 1st Honda ever purchased. Worst car I have ever owned for road noise. Dealer worked road noise problem, but unable to correct road noise problem. 40,000 miles on car, started hearing pecking/knocking noise in engine. Honda dealer informed me that noise was #6 piston? Honda dealer explanation of piston noise was engine block might have out of tolerance machining during manufacturing and would cost $1300.00 for an inspection to verify. A 2nd independent certified mechanic opinion confirmed engine noise as #6 piston & not uncommon in Hondas. Not pleased with Honda quality or Honda customer support. First & last Honda I will own!