Used 2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE ACCORDS
By rob

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2004 Accor EX-L v6 coupe. I bought the thing on craigslist and it had a dirty title. Some very shifty stuff that the carfax did not explain such as a "flood-branded title" and a "total loss" that occured in May 2006. Somehow this thing has the dirtiest carfax I've ever seen, but it was taken to the dealer over 10 times (on carfax) for typical maintenance. I was told the timing belt was changed, it wasn't. So I spent 1300 on that w/ water pump, etc. Get a load of this, the car had a leaking rack and pinion and that costed me another 1000. I need to drive another accord because my mechanic gave me a high performance rack and pinion and this thing handles like a dream (maybe it should its brand new "rebuilt"). Bottom line....I got the car a year ago with 144,500 miles. It now has 147,445. I do not drive that much but did drive from DC to Boston 3 times and the car was a dream. Again, this is an old car, but if you notice that a lot of accords are on the road, it is for a reason. The fact that someone probably abused my car and it was in a flood (i really think it was not b/c 3 mechanics couldnt find any water damage or accident damage). As long as my tranny holds up (auto) I should be good. If you are a original owner and have kept up your maintence, keep the car. if you buy a v6, the rack and pinion goes at 90k-120k miles ive noticed from friends accords. They are great cars and I will throw another tranny in if needed because my car with its title is worthless and to me its worth 10 grand because of how well it works now. if you need new auto tranny, definitely look at willow creek out of SC. They fixed the tranny prob that the 03-07s had. but 02-06 is the real problem years for the auto tranny. Accord and Camry are 2 most reliable cars in the world and 4 cylinders are even more reliable but who wants a 4 cylinder? the 3.0 is a beast (has an electronic throttle that has a problem just live Rav4) very peppy at first.

The Honda Accord EX Vtec 6 cylinder with the 6 speed transmission makes you feel like your driving a higher end car!
By hondaonly1

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Shopping for a used Honda for my son the first rule was that we were NOT getting an Automatic due to the fact that having worked for Honda Automotive for 20 plus years I knew that most people do NOT change the ATF like their supposed to causing problems way too soon. We got lucky & found the right car which was the 1st one we looked at, a 6 spd 6 cyl 2 door coupe black EX with leather and loaded. This car is amazing! It performs like a higher end car similar to a BMW. Car Fax was great with every possible thing & more done as far as maintenance goes along with no accidents or anything even close to being a problem. If you can get lucky and find this combo buy it! They are very hard to find.

Take off is amazing, telescopic, tilt steering wheel gives you that just right feel along with very comfortable leather seats. Going on 4 months now and not a single problem and with about 115,000 miles on it she is just getting broken in. The 6 gear of this 6 speed is usually only reached on the highway and gives you surprisingly great gas mileage. 4 wheel disc brakes are amazing, just a perfect car in every way shape and form and we could not be happier if we bought new.

Not a single thing literally!

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

Silky smooth V6 engine. Fantastic 6-speed manual transmission! I like the design of the car. With the suspension mods, I love the stance of the car. Ergonomics are excellent. Large trunk with split folding rear seats. I can fit my road bike in the trunk with the seats folded!

The clear coat delaminated at around 160K miles. The paint issue occurred on the trunk and roof. Honda needs to have better paint. Difficult to replace the headlight bulbs. I remove the front bumper to access the back of the headlights so I can replace the bulbs easily. The manual shows that you can access the back of the headlight from the fender wheel well. But I prefer the bumper removal. Major repair: replace rack & pinion unit and engine mount at 152K miles.Other than that, the car has been very reliable.

THIS THING IS AWESOME THERE ARE NO BETTER CARS FOR THE MONEY! PERIOD!
By jeffsmith888

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never been in a car that was so extraordinarily good at everything, and with an affordable price. I can not use words in my vocabulary to accurately describe how awesome this car is.

These cars are very hard to find with manual transmissions. Keep on looking, and when you find one, DO NOT HESITATE! and buy it.
SOMEONE ELSE WILL FIND IT FIRST AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU!. I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed. AT ALL...

(I bought this car for $7200 from a dealer. my dad thought i was a [non-permissible content removed] for spending this much on my first car.. until he got a chance to drive it. He offered to trade me his 2006 accord v6 4 door because he loved the 6 speed manual that much.

DRIVING DYNAMICS - THIS THING FLIES! It gets to 60 at around 5.5 seconds. IT GLUES YOU RIGHT TO THE SEAT! I still impress the rich kids at school who drive expensive BMW's. The braking is phenomenal. I barely have to touch the brakes to stop! Cornering in this car is unbelievable. (The 6 speed manual comes with better suspension and tires). It feels like a true sports car, if not better. Reliability! I purchased this car 8 months ago at 124,000 miles. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM EVER. This car will definitely last me a LONG TIME Comfort- For a coupe this thing has outstanding legroom in the back. I am 6 ft 4in tall and i can easily fit my friends. The leather seats makes it feel luxurious.

Absolutely nothing. Heres everything else good; Fuel economy!; I Was surprised at how efficient a 240hp v6 could be. When you drive it like an old lady you can get up to 25 city and 34 highway. However When you put your foot down and Unleash the Ravaging Beast from under the hood, you will notice alot worse fuel economy. Safety- The ABS will not hesitate to stop the car in a flash. its great for the parking lot at school when people pop up out of nowhere. It has a 5 star safety rating. NO MORE RIDES TO SCHOOL FROM MY DAD! The ability to drive gives a teenager a greater sense of responsibility. As soon as i started driving i began also bringing my grades up in school.

2004 accord coupe v6 6 mt
By Barry

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my black on black, Accord coupe in 2008 with 49,000 mi. The 6 disc CD player, trim pieces over door, sun glass holder needed new spring, and emergency cable were replaced under warranty. One rear strut replaced after warranty. Car sticks to the road like glue during heavy rain storms. Power to burn. Hang onto the steering wheel, car torques like crazy in the first three gears with a great exhaust sound. The six speed is one slick shifter. Gas mileage continues to improve with age (90,000 mi) 35 mpg highway. Firm suspension, corners well. Great stereo. Love the heated seats and auto up and down driver window.

240 hp, six speed mt, acceleration, stiff suspension, cornering, stereo, great interior. Test drove BMW 228, Honda has more power and sweeter shifter than BMW, plus $20,000 less.

Better brakes. Not crazy about the bubble rear end. Had a 1998 accord coupe, v6, auto that had nicer lines. Biggest mistake Honda made was not putting a 6 mt with the V6 engine in 1998-2002 models. Now if Honda would only make a hard top convertible!