2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004 on 01/30/14 22:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

THIS THING IS AWESOME THERE ARE NO BETTER CARS FOR THE MONEY! PERIOD!
By jeffsmith888 on 04/24/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never been in a car that was so extraordinarily good at everything, and with an affordable price. I can not use words in my vocabulary to accurately describe how awesome this car is. These cars are very hard to find with manual transmissions. Keep on looking, and when you find one, DO NOT HESITATE! and buy it. SOMEONE ELSE WILL FIND IT FIRST AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU!. I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed. AT ALL... (I bought this car for $7200 from a dealer. my dad thought i was a [non-permissible content removed] for spending this much on my first car.. until he got a chance to drive it. He offered to trade me his 2006 accord v6 4 door because he loved the 6 speed manual that much.

Love the power and ride
By 6 Speed on 07/30/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for over 5 years with 68K mileage. No major mechanical problems. The car radio Headunit backlight did go dead the the dealer, replaced it. This was a TSB from Honda to all dealerships. Their is some road noise but that's because the car has a lower clearance than Toyota's. The lower clearance gives honda a better handling and feel of the road where the Camry feels like you are floating going all over the road.For a V6 this car gets good gas mileage, 18-19 city and 29-30 highway. The fauk leather in the driver's seat does where down and stretch but no cracks.

2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6
By Kevin on 02/08/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased 2004 Honda Accord Ex-V6 new due to internet reviews. 1st Honda ever purchased. Worst car I have ever owned for road noise. Dealer worked road noise problem, but unable to correct road noise problem. 40,000 miles on car, started hearing pecking/knocking noise in engine. Honda dealer informed me that noise was #6 piston? Honda dealer explanation of piston noise was engine block might have out of tolerance machining during manufacturing and would cost $1300.00 for an inspection to verify. A 2nd independent certified mechanic opinion confirmed engine noise as #6 piston & not uncommon in Hondas. Not pleased with Honda quality or Honda customer support. First & last Honda I will own!

there are bad apples in every bunch
By unhappy in Florida on 10/14/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Since I bought the vehicle it has had a new trans and a new driver's seat, and a new radio. Now I need to replace the head liner. You don't expect these things to happen to a high quality car. Will not perchase another one.

I love this car!
By Ashanti on 08/31/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the best in its class. It has the perfect blend of luxury and sports car. The acceleration is amazing! I feel that my 2004 model compares to any 2008 model car with its performance. I'm a young college student with a car thats affordable on gas, and has a classy, forever young look to it. I will grow with this car for sure and just know that it will last me through grad school!

My Accord Coupe
By James on 05/23/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my accord coupe for over four and a half years and I'm am happy with it so far. Other than a few rattles from the interior and my stereo needing to be replaced (which was covered by my extended warranty) it's working out great.

Great Car and Speedy
By wes on 05/14/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the V6 Coupe b/c I needed a car that was comfortable, fast, and reliable. It also has Nav which I love (I drive a lot b/c of job). The Nav is very easy to use and I like the touch screen for all other controls e.g. AC, Audio, Nav, Trip computer etc. The car drives well, corners ok, but it has a lot of pep in it. 0-60 just under 7sec, stock. Leather could be better, drivers side bolster is showing wear, but its covered under extended warranty so I will be getting it replaced. Service not expensive, tires not bad, less than $100 each. Console does not click closed properly, started after 16 months.

Does what I bought it for
By Dennis on 07/07/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my nice Audi for this car because I wanted a car I could rack up a lot miles on it worry-free. I wanted something reliable, fuel-efficient yet retain a certain level of fun-to-drive factor. The V6 packs a respectable punch and gets pretty good mileage for its size (comparable to the 4 cylinder Audi it replaced actually). Even though fuel efficiency was one of my objectives, a V6 typically doesn't fit that description. However, the 3.0L V6 provides a good balance of performance and economy. The suspension is too soft to be considered sporty and the tires aren't much help either. I'm satisfied with the car. It's serving the main purpose I bought it for, even exceeding in some.

A good car but has some notable issues
By Matt on 05/27/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

EX V6 CPE 5A Overall this is a good value car that handles pretty well, accelerates well, and is a comfortable and good looking daily driver. The leather interior is a cut above competitors. Fuel economy is acceptable (23mpg). At 60K, the car has held up pretty well with some notable exceptions. First, the transmission is about to go. I had the recall done and it still is shifting rough and slips in 2nd bad. A friend had his go violently and almost crashed. The brake rotors continue to warp and I am replacing them with aftermarket. I replaced the stock wheels with 18's and it's a big improvement. Also I had a bunch of squeak and rattle issues as well as a burned out center console.