Used 2004 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Going Strong
By Satisfied

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I've owned... period. Bought new, now has 96,000 miles and all I've done is change tires, put in a new battery, change oil and filter regularly, and install a new set of brakes. Still feels tight and still fun to drive; I have to remind myself how many miles I've put on it. Mileage is good: 32-34 on the highway, 22-24 around town. Very practical: I've carried 8' 2x4's inside!

Favorite Features

Reliability, low-cost upkeep, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned in some other reviews, the pass-through from the trunk is small -- should be full width.

Would do it all over again!
By Steve

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Thought you may be interested in a review from someone who has owned this car for 6 yrs. Just turned 204,000 miles. Only problem was the radio that was replaced by Honda. Replaced the alternator at 190,000 miles. Other than that, just normal maintenance. Lots of highway driving, getting 30 to 32 mpg. Brakes last far longer than any other car I've owned. Can't believe the car still runs so well. I keep asking my service man (independent) when the car might die and he keeps saying not anytime soon. The 4 cylinder doesn't have the initial burst that you would like, but the low cost of maintenence and the reliability more than make up for it. Would highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, mpg, and low cost of maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Don't change a thing.

Think again about the Honda hype
By mabeno

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Accord from new. Maintained it on a regular basis and have not abused it. The display went out in the radio and had to have the entire unit replaced, not once but twice. The fit and finish inside is terrible (sunglass holder pops open, the headline has bubbles, the plastic seat shroud will not stay together, etc.). The final straw is the timing chain jumped a tooth and has caused extensive engine damage. The mechanic stated that this is one of the cleanest engines that he has worked on, so it was not my maintenance on the vehicle. Do not believe all the hype about how a Honda runs forever. All of my other vehicles are GMs, and I have never had such issues.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finish. Better timing chain design.

Most reliable car I have ever owned
By philly

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I presently have 59,000 miles on this car and it has never broke down once. The only thing that it has had is a new set of brake pads which you could expect at 50 to 60 thousand miles. Honda only requires it's oil to be changed every 10,000 miles. It gets great gas mileage for a 4 banger, about 28 mpg on the average. I have never owned such a reliable car as this one. I hope to keep it for a long time to come. It has a comfortable ride, handles well, and takes care of my pocketbook. Glad I bought this car instead of another Mopar.

Favorite Features

Bright headlights, dashboard lighting system, CD changer, and surprisingly good power for a 4 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

The power seat only consists of a power height adjuster, should have been a 6 to 8 way power seat. The power door locks have to be manually opened and closed. An automatic feature would have been much better. You cannot open the door unless you manually open the power door lock button.

Solid Sedan
By adam0311

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned it for 2 years. It is 5 years old now. The leather on the driver seat has a small crack, and in a door, there is a ringing noise from a loose screw. Other than that, I'm impressed, I have had to veer out of trouble once and it handled superbly. Mileage is great, it is maintenance friendly. The cockpit is set up well and stylish, which will add to its longevity. The lumbar support is great. Leather is the way to go for ease of cleaning. The rims are stylish, and easy to clean without being flashy. The stereo is great with the 6 disc changer. For this particular year, I think the Accord beats out most of its competitors. Camry I think is good too, just preference.

Favorite Features

Cockpit design. Mileage. Handling. Ease of maintaining. Great stereo. Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I keep it well maintained, hence I don't have problems, the leather on driver seat maybe could be improved for the wear and tear it gets. I think the headrests in the back could be a pad included in the seat verse an additional part. The Alero of the same year has that. More reclined rear seats.