2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Going Strong
By Satisfied on 12/08/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I've owned... period. Bought new, now has 96,000 miles and all I've done is change tires, put in a new battery, change oil and filter regularly, and install a new set of brakes. Still feels tight and still fun to drive; I have to remind myself how many miles I've put on it. Mileage is good: 32-34 on the highway, 22-24 around town. Very practical: I've carried 8' 2x4's inside!

Would do it all over again!
By Steve on 07/14/09 12:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Thought you may be interested in a review from someone who has owned this car for 6 yrs. Just turned 204,000 miles. Only problem was the radio that was replaced by Honda. Replaced the alternator at 190,000 miles. Other than that, just normal maintenance. Lots of highway driving, getting 30 to 32 mpg. Brakes last far longer than any other car I've owned. Can't believe the car still runs so well. I keep asking my service man (independent) when the car might die and he keeps saying not anytime soon. The 4 cylinder doesn't have the initial burst that you would like, but the low cost of maintenence and the reliability more than make up for it. Would highly recommend this car.

Think again about the Honda hype
By mabeno on 07/07/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Accord from new. Maintained it on a regular basis and have not abused it. The display went out in the radio and had to have the entire unit replaced, not once but twice. The fit and finish inside is terrible (sunglass holder pops open, the headline has bubbles, the plastic seat shroud will not stay together, etc.). The final straw is the timing chain jumped a tooth and has caused extensive engine damage. The mechanic stated that this is one of the cleanest engines that he has worked on, so it was not my maintenance on the vehicle. Do not believe all the hype about how a Honda runs forever. All of my other vehicles are GMs, and I have never had such issues.

Most reliable car I have ever owned
By philly on 03/15/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I presently have 59,000 miles on this car and it has never broke down once. The only thing that it has had is a new set of brake pads which you could expect at 50 to 60 thousand miles. Honda only requires it's oil to be changed every 10,000 miles. It gets great gas mileage for a 4 banger, about 28 mpg on the average. I have never owned such a reliable car as this one. I hope to keep it for a long time to come. It has a comfortable ride, handles well, and takes care of my pocketbook. Glad I bought this car instead of another Mopar.

Solid Sedan
By adam0311 on 03/01/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned it for 2 years. It is 5 years old now. The leather on the driver seat has a small crack, and in a door, there is a ringing noise from a loose screw. Other than that, I'm impressed, I have had to veer out of trouble once and it handled superbly. Mileage is great, it is maintenance friendly. The cockpit is set up well and stylish, which will add to its longevity. The lumbar support is great. Leather is the way to go for ease of cleaning. The rims are stylish, and easy to clean without being flashy. The stereo is great with the 6 disc changer. For this particular year, I think the Accord beats out most of its competitors. Camry I think is good too, just preference.

Excellent Car
By Ken Baxley on 11/30/08 11:49 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought my Accord new and have not any problems with the car. My son used when he went away to college then my daughter. The two complaints I have with the car are: 1. The clear coat is coming off and Honda will not own up to the problem even dealerships acknowledge that there is a problem with the paint job from the factory. 2. The other problem is the brakes started to squeal after about 30000 miles on it. I have replaced brake pads and still will not go away.

Best car I've ever had
By jwwhitepgh on 09/22/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 10 yrs of Hondas, I went to Ford, Dodge, even Lexus and returned to the Accord. Lexus was luxury, but bang for your buck Accord is the best midsized sedan in America. Low maintenance cost, good fuel economy, excellent resale value, conservative yet classy looks without using your kids college money to buy it.

Great value
By John on 08/11/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car wife was the one that suggested getting an accord because one of her coworkers had one, i found this one close to where i live and absolutely love the vehicle I have the 4 cylinder and it has plenty of power and great gas mileage i have been through 3 or 4 tanks and get 27 to 30 in the car.

What an Asset!
By Marsha Mitchell on 08/01/08 00:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What an incredible vehicle! We were able to refinance this vehicle in 2007 and payoff some bills. It runs well and looks great still and still has good value!

Good car
By hondaperson on 06/07/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in '04. Nice design, spacious interior, huge trunk capacity, nice look in and out. Decent pick up when merging onto highway. Good sound system, everything conveniently placed for the driver. Never had a problem with it!

1 2 3 4 5 next »