Used 2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Overall Car
By Dennis Schlottman

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in April 09' with just under 28k. Now at 58K and no problems. Great performance from the V6.Fuel economy is excellent at 28 - 32 mpg. I do my own maintenance which includes draining and filing the transmission fluid every 15k. "Honda Trans fluid only.

Favorite Features

V6 performance, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Better turn radius.

Awesome Car!!
By Willy47

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A quick note about this car, we traded it to my wife's mom, it has a power driver's seat and gives her enough of a boost to see over the steering wheel. I must say that this car is the only car that I have ever driven that the acceleration actually scared me. We have an '07 accord V6 that is supposed to be identical, the '04 will eat it for lunch. This car is one of the smartest purchases I have ever made. It is ironic that this "little old lady" has this sleeper.

Favorite Features

3L V6, fit and finish, great sales experience

Suggested Improvements

A manual shift without having to pay for the EX package would be awesome!

Good vehicle
By Rob

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 EX 4 cyl., navi package brand new. I have been very happy with my purchase. I live in a walkable urban setting so I don't drive that much. I have 54K miles on the car. The only things I have done to it is have the oil/filter changed and fluids topped off (this is done for free every 7,000 miles by the dealer as part of the purchase) and the sunglass holder on the ceiling broke at around 50K miles so I had that replaced. The car didn't need to have any tweaks done when I bought it. There are still no squeaks or rattles. I have bought one new navi CD for it about 3 years ago so I will probably buy another CD next year.

Favorite Features

XM Radio (never listen to AM or FM) is great and the NAVI system is very easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Door locks to lock automatically when the vehicle is put in drive.

Best Car Ever Owned!
By Paddy

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It is so unbelievably quiet you can hear yourself whisper at 45 mph. The engine alone (V6) was worth it. It is very powerful and I have averaged about 24 mpg combined so far. Unbelievable car.

2004 Accord LX Rocks
By Jack

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great navigation system, it's what you see advertised now on the Acura TL. Fun to drive and to talk to! Fast off the line and great on the highway. I've been getting about 24 mpg on average with the V6. Everyone who has driven in my car has had very nice things to say about it and are floored by all of the "toys."

Favorite Features

The navigation system/CD changer/XM radio/radio all driven through the main computer screen. Everything is very well integrated.

Suggested Improvements

The only area that I can see that needs some improvements are in the Accord's cornering, it could be a little more nimble.