2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Overall Car
By Dennis Schlottman on 08/19/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in April 09' with just under 28k. Now at 58K and no problems. Great performance from the V6.Fuel economy is excellent at 28 - 32 mpg. I do my own maintenance which includes draining and filing the transmission fluid every 15k. "Honda Trans fluid only.

Awesome Car!!
By Willy47 on 09/12/09 07:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A quick note about this car, we traded it to my wife's mom, it has a power driver's seat and gives her enough of a boost to see over the steering wheel. I must say that this car is the only car that I have ever driven that the acceleration actually scared me. We have an '07 accord V6 that is supposed to be identical, the '04 will eat it for lunch. This car is one of the smartest purchases I have ever made. It is ironic that this "little old lady" has this sleeper.

Good vehicle
By Rob on 09/03/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 EX 4 cyl., navi package brand new. I have been very happy with my purchase. I live in a walkable urban setting so I don't drive that much. I have 54K miles on the car. The only things I have done to it is have the oil/filter changed and fluids topped off (this is done for free every 7,000 miles by the dealer as part of the purchase) and the sunglass holder on the ceiling broke at around 50K miles so I had that replaced. The car didn't need to have any tweaks done when I bought it. There are still no squeaks or rattles. I have bought one new navi CD for it about 3 years ago so I will probably buy another CD next year.

Best Car Ever Owned!
By Paddy on 02/11/08 13:36 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It is so unbelievably quiet you can hear yourself whisper at 45 mph. The engine alone (V6) was worth it. It is very powerful and I have averaged about 24 mpg combined so far. Unbelievable car.

2004 Accord LX Rocks
By Jack on 03/20/06 21:00 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great navigation system, it's what you see advertised now on the Acura TL. Fun to drive and to talk to! Fast off the line and great on the highway. I've been getting about 24 mpg on average with the V6. Everyone who has driven in my car has had very nice things to say about it and are floored by all of the "toys."

Could be better
By Arsi on 10/19/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Honda is excellent in every aspect, except that the road noise could be heard from inside with the radio on low. With a little bit rain on the trunk you cannot open the trunk as the rain water gushes in from the edges of the door. I also agree that the blind spots are annoying mainly due to the design of the windshield frame. When driving at night the headlights dim down and go up constanly. The dealer says it is a feature on all Hondas to manage power consumption, which I find extremely annoying. Otherwise, it is an excellent car.

Update to My Post on 4-5-04
By MikeyMo on 07/31/05 06:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for 15 months (bought new) and here is an update to my first review. I have 43,000 miles. I drive a lot for work. Interior is still in perfect condition. Original brakes are still on car and work great! Road noise/engine noise are both the same as when purchased (very quiet). I see some complaints about the driver's seat. I love the firmness/comfort level. I drive an avg of 4-5 hours per working day and my back and legs have never been uncomfortable. Some people complain about no daytime running lights. Those are stupid and primarily found in US cars. Engine and Transmission are still like brand new. I have never regretted my decision to buy the accord.

Plenty of "car" for price paid
By jsm on 04/18/05 02:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle from a used car lot, and was literally "sold" a few hours after first seeing it. The exterior is very attractive (except for a few dents left by the original owner!). The engine is efficient--you can ride comfortably without using "high gear." Happy with the car so far (23.5k right now, with 20k/year expected).

Good Value, Not Much Fun To Drive
By Maile on 12/11/04 01:56 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the Accord was a great value however it is just not that much fun to drive. The engine has enough HP to get up and going, yet lacks sport car quality. The reliability, roominess of the interior, and great financing rates prompted my decision to buy this car. The car produces a moderate amount of road noise too; It is not quiet. I looked at the Acura TL and will be trading in the Accord. The Acura still has great value and is the Accord's luxury sport version that appeals to those who want a car that is stylish and fun to drive. The Accord appealed to my practical side and the TL appealed to my senses as well. If you have a few extra bucks to spend it might be worth it.

my first honda
By honda in ok on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving many cars I couldn't get over the solid feel of the Accord, I was very impressed with the smooth powerful performance of the V-6, the choice of materials for the interior are top notch for anything in the price range.I only have 4k mile so far but have been very pleased.The dealer treated me very well,I went in with some fair numbers and there was no usual games.