Used 2004 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Buzzard Bones Ride
By focuserror

2004 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The driver seat slips out of place every day. Honda says there is nothing wrong. The passenger side airbag was replaced and then all of the front dash and headliner started rattling. It sounds like the windshield is creaking. The passenger front and rear door and windows are also rattling and buzzing. The seats have several defects with the upholstery losing its "fuzz" and going bald or forming strange creases where nobody even occupied the space. This is a very disappointing car - not to mention the strange whine coming from the engine area.

Favorite Features

It has a smooth ride and good acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

It sounds like Honda packed the interior of this car with buzzard bones. This vehicle has poor climate control and has puny air conditioning and ventilation. The paint on the hood looks like someone threw some sand in with the paint at the factory.

Great car with great price
By Rodcleve

2004 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for a car to replace a Nissan truck because I needed more space. I purchased the Accord over the Altima due to price. The dealer included free A/C, tinted windows, and alarm with electric door. Took it out of town and the ride was wonderful. In town it handles well and gets good gas mileage. The back seat is very large and aldults can sit without the front passengers moving seat up. Great buy at a great price.

Favorite Features

I love the handling and gas mileage. The ride is very quiet and you often find yourself driving faster than expected. Electric windows and cd was great for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Electric doors are a must on a four door car.

Love it!
By Kris Hamilton

2004 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Europien trained sport car type of driver for many years but I am now in my 40's. The Accord is a real piece of driving art for an automatic.

Favorite Features

Handling and comfort.

Excellent car, excellent price
By Capi

2004 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I started looking for a midsize sedan. I was surprised that the high quality Accord was one of the cheapest one with reasonable amount of equipment. ABS brakes are standard. I add A/C. It is a shame it does not includes powers locks. It should in this category! Drive it and you love it! The feeling is as my previous Lexus, very smooth that only expensive cars give. Although some experts think it lose originality because of the too quiet interior, I think it is a pleasure for the daily commute.

Favorite Features

The quiet interior, sophisticated high output high rev IVTEC DOHC 16 valve engine, which yields 160 HP. Generous space, 5-speed Automatic transmission. The nicely light gauges. I love the upholstery! Excellent handling (because of the double-wishbone suspension)

Suggested Improvements

Honda should include power locks should be standard in the DX, which is several thousands dollars less than the LX. Some peace appears to be a little loose.