2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004 on 01/30/14 22:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

THIS THING IS AWESOME THERE ARE NO BETTER CARS FOR THE MONEY! PERIOD!
By jeffsmith888 on 04/24/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never been in a car that was so extraordinarily good at everything, and with an affordable price. I can not use words in my vocabulary to accurately describe how awesome this car is. These cars are very hard to find with manual transmissions. Keep on looking, and when you find one, DO NOT HESITATE! and buy it. SOMEONE ELSE WILL FIND IT FIRST AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU!. I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed. AT ALL... (I bought this car for $7200 from a dealer. my dad thought i was a [non-permissible content removed] for spending this much on my first car.. until he got a chance to drive it. He offered to trade me his 2006 accord v6 4 door because he loved the 6 speed manual that much.

Great Car in all respects.
By njoosse on 11/14/12 13:28 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for nearly 5 years. Bought with about 45,000miles, now it has about 110,000miles. No Problems at all, changed front brakes once, still has original rear brakes. Changed original battery when the car was 7 years old, changed spark plugs once. Great fuel mileage, roomy, comfortable, handles very well. Fantastic bang for the buck. I own a big block trans am, so I know performance, and this 4 cylinder performs very well, more than enough power for day to day driving. Paint is fading, but hey, its 9 years old... Engine and ABS light are on, but oh well.. Best car I've ever owned, and the way its going I'll probably have it for a long time to come.

BAD NAME WITH HONDA
By car_owner2004 on 07/27/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I honestly have become disappointed with this car - I have owned this car for over 6 years and ever since I went over the 100K in miles (the past two years - currently at 121K) - This car has completely fallen apart.. I have never missed an oil change or maintenance - I have copies of ever invoice since bought at 21K miles. I just found out today I have to have the MOTOR replaced, this after replacing the Power Steering Pump, hoses, axle, arms, door locks, needs new battery every year and many moe items. Every six to seven months I am spending 600- 1K on work and now 3K to replace the motor.

One of the best choices I made
By sepbone on 05/30/12 17:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought one year ago at 175,000 miles and have no problems and has gotten more and more fun to drive. This is my dream car. Keep up on maintenance and you will have a great car for a long time! Thanks Honda!

Poor
By yamaha776 on 03/17/12 04:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have drove hondas before this is the worst. I am spending more money on repairs than the value of the car. I think I am going to try a camary next. I had issues with the front axles, airbags and the car was not in ANY accidents!! Even Honda couldnt understand it, which I think was a LIE!

Bad Paint/Clearcoat
By donthebiker on 11/10/11 11:48 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since new. And the paint/clear coat has deteriorated down to bare metal along much of the top surfaces of the car and is showing signs of surface rust. I have taken this issue to Honda's Regional Manager and they are refusing to even pay for part of the repair, let alone all of it. So now I have to decide if I want to spend $4500 (the cost of a new engine, or 10 timing belts) on a car that's worth over $10,500 (with good paint) or not. This is my 6th Honda and may very well be my last, as I am not buying from a Manufacturer that skimps on their paint and clear coat. This problem has been expressed by 100's and possibly 1000's of Honda owners around the world.

Glad to be back with Honda
By scottwax on 10/03/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1990 Accord for several years, sold it with 280k miles, current owner works at a tire store near me so I know it still runs! After the Accord, I had a 1999 626 and two 2002 Nissan Maximas (one an automatic, one a 6 speed). After I found out my Dad was replacing his 2004 Accord EX V6 with a truck, I offered to buy it. Only 75k miles and meticulously maintained. As much as I miss the acceleration of my 6 speed Maxima, the Accord is no slouch, runs about as well as my automatic Maxima did but with better mileage. I'm averaging 21-22 in the city (and the Dallas area has no clue how to synchronize traffic lights) and a trip to Kentucky and back got me 30.4 mpg at 75-78 mph!

I thought Honda's were supposed to be reliable...
By melanierose10 on 09/03/11 23:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Honda used at 120,000 miles. It had several problems that were very expensive to fix. It was very unreliable. It broke down several times randomly - the PCM went out twice, and the EVAP solenoid needed to be replaced. Those were the most costly repairs but it seemed like once one problem was fixed the check engine light would come back on for another reason. Also, a lot of electrical problems that I never had diagnosed, the interior lights never worked and the electric locks didn't either. Other than that, however, my Honda was really fun to drive, and very fast, with lots of amenities, but I would not recommend based on reliability. Drove it to 160,000 miles then sold it.

every year something new
By rashadr on 08/17/11 19:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i like my 2004 accord but honda really mess up the electronics that comes in the car. like my radio went out in 2008 and now i have to get key because it won't lock or aything but my key light still comes on when i press a button and i already had replace it before.And i also had to replace the transmission and it only got 103,000 miles.its a fun car to drive and it get very good gas mileage the problems on this car is just not worth it.