2004 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
11 years and still Awesome!
By dossca on 01/12/15 07:21 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord brand new, in November of 2003. I have always taken it to the dealership. I have had all of the problems that everyone else has. To date, I only have 72k on it. I have a work vehicle and don't drive to and from work. First was a recall on the transmission, then the radio went out, then just scheduled services. Then just recently, I have been having flickering headlights. Took it to the dealership, had it checked, bad battery(not it), then changed out the Alternator(not it), then read that the ELD goes up on 2003/2004 accords around 100k or ten years. After 2k of fixes it is brand new. Now just looking for the transmission to go up soon. Its all worth it, I love this car!

The Honda Accord EX Vtec 6 cylinder with the 6 speed transmission makes you feel like your driving a higher end car!
By hondaonly1 on 01/01/15 22:09 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Shopping for a used Honda for my son the first rule was that we were NOT getting an Automatic due to the fact that having worked for Honda Automotive for 20 plus years I knew that most people do NOT change the ATF like their supposed to causing problems way too soon. We got lucky & found the right car which was the 1st one we looked at, a 6 spd 6 cyl 2 door coupe black EX with leather and loaded. This car is amazing! It performs like a higher end car similar to a BMW. Car Fax was great with every possible thing & more done as far as maintenance goes along with no accidents or anything even close to being a problem. If you can get lucky and find this combo buy it! They are very hard to find.

Fun to Drive, Expensive to repair
By carlover518 on 12/09/14 20:35 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought used last year with 225k on body, 151k on newer 2.4L k24A engine. Loved the reliability thusfar and have put on an additional 20k miles since buying. Considering the repairs needed they were needed due to the excessive miles already on the body, ended up going aftermarket due to OEM parts being extremely expensive. Now there's more problems and I just don't want to continue dumping money into it. But considering I live in Upstate NY and knowing the car is over 10 years old, it being 100% rust free is amazing. Switching back to Toyota though. Honda is reliable don't get me wrong. I just love Toyota a tiny bit more for Northeast winters, Rav4.

2004 Honda Accord 4 cylinder vs. 6 cylinder EX V6
By ababner on 11/01/14 03:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Prior to purchasing our 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 I read Honda was an outstanding car with proven reliability a Quality built car. My personal experience has proven this to be untrue. Unfortunately there is a major difference between the 4 cylinder and the 6 cylinder Honda Accord. The six cylinders are notorious for having transmission problems. We found this out the hard way with my wife breaking down with our three kids in the middle of the highway. I received a call at work engine racing but car not moving help call. Wife and kids abandoned the car and when I got there found the transmission failure.

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6-Speed Nighthawk Black Pearl
By flyvtec2004 on 01/30/14 22:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car new in Nov 2003. The car is approaching 190K miles (Jan2014). I modified my car a few months after purchasing. Basic mods to include cold air intake and catback exhaust, lowering springs, larger rear sway bar, 18" wheels/tires, speakers/sub. The car has been an absolute joy to drive and fun to own! The V6 is fantastic! Mated to a slick shifting 6-speed manual, it performs fairly well on the streets! The leather seats are still in great shape. Overall, I'm proud to say that I've taken great care of my car. I had a 1997 Prelude before trading it in for my 2004. I feel fortunate to have owned 2 of the best cars Honda ever produced! :)

THIS THING IS AWESOME THERE ARE NO BETTER CARS FOR THE MONEY! PERIOD!
By jeffsmith888 on 04/24/13 18:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never been in a car that was so extraordinarily good at everything, and with an affordable price. I can not use words in my vocabulary to accurately describe how awesome this car is. These cars are very hard to find with manual transmissions. Keep on looking, and when you find one, DO NOT HESITATE! and buy it. SOMEONE ELSE WILL FIND IT FIRST AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU!. I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed. AT ALL... (I bought this car for $7200 from a dealer. my dad thought i was a [non-permissible content removed] for spending this much on my first car.. until he got a chance to drive it. He offered to trade me his 2006 accord v6 4 door because he loved the 6 speed manual that much.

Great Car in all respects.
By njoosse on 11/14/12 13:28 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for nearly 5 years. Bought with about 45,000miles, now it has about 110,000miles. No Problems at all, changed front brakes once, still has original rear brakes. Changed original battery when the car was 7 years old, changed spark plugs once. Great fuel mileage, roomy, comfortable, handles very well. Fantastic bang for the buck. I own a big block trans am, so I know performance, and this 4 cylinder performs very well, more than enough power for day to day driving. Paint is fading, but hey, its 9 years old... Engine and ABS light are on, but oh well.. Best car I've ever owned, and the way its going I'll probably have it for a long time to come.

BAD NAME WITH HONDA
By car_owner2004 on 07/27/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I honestly have become disappointed with this car - I have owned this car for over 6 years and ever since I went over the 100K in miles (the past two years - currently at 121K) - This car has completely fallen apart.. I have never missed an oil change or maintenance - I have copies of ever invoice since bought at 21K miles. I just found out today I have to have the MOTOR replaced, this after replacing the Power Steering Pump, hoses, axle, arms, door locks, needs new battery every year and many moe items. Every six to seven months I am spending 600- 1K on work and now 3K to replace the motor.

One of the best choices I made
By sepbone on 05/30/12 17:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought one year ago at 175,000 miles and have no problems and has gotten more and more fun to drive. This is my dream car. Keep up on maintenance and you will have a great car for a long time! Thanks Honda!

Poor
By yamaha776 on 03/17/12 04:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Curtain Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have drove hondas before this is the worst. I am spending more money on repairs than the value of the car. I think I am going to try a camary next. I had issues with the front axles, airbags and the car was not in ANY accidents!! Even Honda couldnt understand it, which I think was a LIE!