2003 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Faithful Honda owner..a little

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

1,276 Total Reviews

EX V-6 Coupe (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Faithful Honda owner..a little rattled.
By ajhall on

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord, also the first car I have ever bought without researching. My thoughts were "it's an Accord. I'm safe". Currently have 80k miles on it. The car has been great, plenty of fun to drive and ample room although the trunk is a little small. What you've read about transmission issues are true. Mine is going in the shop this week for a rebuild around 3k in price. Honda has seem to correct the issue in later models and has been known to split the tranny rebuild with you since losing a class action suit, but it's a little shameful to have to do on a car so young. I'm going to keep it 300k+ miles. Not my last Accord, but research each car individually before buying.

Favorite Features

Peppiness of engine, crisp sound system, great egronomics, extremely quiet and solid drive even at high speeds, great reliability, easy to work on, I would definitely buy my car again or recommend to others.

Suggested Improvements

Rear cupholders seem like an afterthought, trunk opening isn't so generous, expect transmission issues in the future unless yours has been updated