Average Consumer Rating 1,275 Total Reviews

Great first car!
By 03hondaaccord on
2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
This is my first car, a 2003 Honda Accord Lx (4 cylinder w/ Automatic.) I absolutely love it, it is good looking, comfortable, affordable, and drives perfectly. I bought mine used w/ 51743 miles on it and when driving at freeway speeds (65+) there is not a single squeak or rattle. Although the interior is a tan fabric, it has been very well maintained and all seats are very comfortable. If you are looking for your first car or just a replacement, this is a perfect choice.
Favorite Features
Manual height adjustment driver seat, Passthrough back seat, Fold down back seat, and "SULEV" engine are just a few of my favorite features. The base 160hp, 4 cylinder "SULEV" engine is almost perfect, it only falls down when overtaking on the freeway. Other than that, it is peppy enough to be all the engine you need, and unlike a high-horsepower V8, you will actually use all of what the engine has to offer more of the time.
Suggested Improvements
When you open the truck with the key-fob, it pops open a good 4", then rests at 2", I think Honda should have put in a more powerful spring. (Most likely my spring needs to be replace, it is a 9 year old car.) Also, the driver and passenger front doors open pretty wide, almost too wide when you go to close them while sitting in the car. Lastly, when shutting the doors and pulling on the handles, they feel a little light, but that is just nit-picking.