Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

side impact...say no more..
By kpm

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

we had a 2000 accord, and we got that one over a camry and more expensive sedans like the passat due to the fact we have kids in the back seats and the gov side crash tests for accord were nice. Then after a van hit totalled the passenger side of the car, but all three kids walked out of the accord (the car spun adsorbed full impact confined to the door structures).. well we got another accord 2003 LX.

The shift (5 spd) is smooth like tumblers, black interior in our LX is very sharp. CD holder in the front console. car does not get hot with the new glass, you can actually touch the black dash. remote lock/trunk controls built INTO the key.

EX-tasy
By good-ha

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a good buy especially if you want a sunroof, alloy wheels, etc. They all come standard in comparison to competing brands which have them as $$ options. I like the handling (not boaty like the Camry), construction, interior comfort, and overall driving experience. My only complaint so far is the mild wind noise from the driver's window (my '93 Corolla did not have that problem). I don't think you will be unhappy with the car unless you pick a defective one off the dealership lot.

Electroluminescent gauges, driving position and seat comfort, cabin space, ergonomics, standard features, pricing, assembled in Japan.

Exterior and interior color choices, illuminated steering wheel controls, standard 8 way power driver's seat for cloth EX, gated shifter or tiptronic transmission (available on foreign Accords), standard curtain airbags

quality vehicel
By Eric978

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Driving the 2003 Honda Accord, anyone can tell it's a real quality made vehicle. It's a great car that fits most people's needs and the V6 model offers something for those with sportier tastes.

The aesthetic appeal is the most impressive change from previous models. Everyone who has bought a Honda knows it's one of the most reliable cars on the market. Recently however Honda has been making cars that look almost as good on the outside as they are on the inside.

I'd like to see more offshoots from the Accord model. The V6 model is great but they should really consider a V8 as well. A hybrid version like they've created with the civic would be interesting to see as well.

Great car
By Pirsch

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving an SUV, we weren't sure if we wanted a car. We know now. It's great! No, the exterior styling isn't as impressive as the G35 or the Altima, but the interior is top notch, and after all, you ride inside the car, not outside. We went with the silver with black leather. The brushed aluminum trim inside is so much nicer than fake wood. I'm 6'2", and there's plenty of room for me to sit in the back seat. Much more headroom than the Altima and G35. The V-6 has plenty of pick up, and the ride is great. We paid 25,200 through the fleet department. The G35 equally equipped is over 40,000 and the Altima is over 32,000.

Navi system. Great acceleration. Stops on a dime...no, make that half a dime.

The console arm rest doesn't want to stay put when you slide it forward. The steering wheel tilt/telescope could be a little better. 3 year/36000 mile warranty could be stretched out.

'03 accord...best bang for buck
By compushmuck

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After shopping for a half-decent commuter car. I came home with a new 4- cyl Accord-EX Coupe. I test drove the V4 as well as the V6 but didn't see a huge difference for $3- $4k more. I think the V4 is very smooth w/amazing power. The history of good resale value and the fact that I get 34mpg mileage were also determining factors. I've never owned a honda before. I've had 2-VW jetta's which have been as fun to drive as the new accord, but wanted to get the Honda this time to see what all the fuss was about. If I hate it I'll sell it and get another VW....but I love it and don't think I'll be selling it anytime soon

The interior design & layout. Very quiet and refined. Strong 4- cylinder engine.

The suspension is a little on the sporty handling side, sometimes wish it absorbed standard cement freeway bumps better.

• SUV