Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Honda Accord rules!
By LQB

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I put on 56K in a little more than 2 years, and have no problems with this car. Just make sure all the regular maintenance is done when they should be done, and this car should last forever. My tires still have about 35% left, and my back brakes are still not changed yet... so I don't understand why some of the comments on here stating that the brakes are worn out at 14K!!! How do they drive their cars? I wonder?? This car is absolutely great.

Favorite Features

Powerful V6 engine. Great exterior design. Intelligently designed interior.

Suggested Improvements

None. Absolutely none.

Honda 4dr Lx Auto 4cyl
By GEE GEE

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership car is excellent. Quality car. Fit and finish excellent. This is my 3rd Honda Accord. Great value. Average 18 to 19 mpg. city and 30 to 34 mpg. Highway. 4 cyl with plenty of pick up and go. Thinking of buying a 2008 Civic but I think I will stick with this beauty for a few more years.

Favorite Features

Quality and finish and reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

Very reliable
By Igor Tsapenko

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this being 5y.o. at 75K mi.I own it for 2 years now with 100Kmi. Only very minor problems. Recently the light inside won't come on when doors open. Seems to be loose wire contact. Very pleasant to drive. I'm glad I didn't read this review before I bought it. I live in Las Vegas, so perhaps the car lasts longer in the mild climate.

Favorite Features

Black fancy interior design, much better than most 2009 makes/models; fun to drive;

Suggested Improvements

none

5th Accord
By Teez

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car new and the only probably I have had is the Engine light came on and it was a sensor. The dealer charged $385 to fix. Just replaced the tires at 58,000 miles. The V-6 is powerful. I rented a car at the airport recently and it was 2010. Basic and when I got back in my Accord I felt that I was driving pure luxury. This is my 5th Accord

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage, better paint job.

Hitting 10 years
By emc8

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new Dec 02. I only have 73k miles on it. Reading all the other reviews I am wondering if I need to get rid of it. In the last 14 months I have to replace 3 different sensors to the tune of $1,200. The engine sounds louder than ever.. this is my 5th Honda and have always loved them. My fear if I keep it is the transmission will go based on other reviews. The exterior looks fair at best and this car has been garage kept.