Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

So Much for Honda Reliablity...
By wkc112

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Honda is the second one I've ever owned. And may be the last I'll ever own. I had an Acura before, worked beautifully. So I thought hey, let's buy an Accord. So very disappointed. After taking it to the local dealer and had them swap the wiper motor (factory recall) the LCD display for the clock/temp/cd info stopped working. Every time we hit a bump it'd go in and out. Transmission is NO GOOD. Slips in 2nd and 3rd. And twice quit working all together on the Highway, so very dangerous when suddenly you just lose drive power all together. Don't look to customer service for help, nope, they won't do a thing for you. Car was under 100K miles. I mean come on.

Favorite Features

It had nice pickup and good fuel econ.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to pull their act together and make a power train that lasts. The Koreans are providing power train warranties for 100K. Honda's should last at least that long. And if a factory recall job can damage another component say so...

Great car for the price
By Randy

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought mine brand new for $21,000 out the door and very satisfied with the overall car. At 125,000 miles now, this car is rock solid and I commute with it daily. Oil change every 5,000 miles. So far the only major problem was the driver- side automatic door lock mechanism failed at about 105,000 mi which cost me about $600 to fix but that's because I used to keep pressing the unlock button on my key fob to blink the lights as I walk to the car, haha.

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finish is excellent. The engine note is pretty good for its displacement, class, and cylinder count.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise at cruising speed.

Best Overall Value Ever
By chop100

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new as a year-end model in Jan 04 and it has been nothing short of amazing. Classy looks, decent performance, perfect interior design, exceptional MPG and flawless workmanship. I believe this is the most well rounded vehicle on the market...can do it all while making you look good to boot!

Favorite Features

Interior design is cutting edge and functional.

Suggested Improvements

Would've liked memory switches on the power seat...with multiple drivers makes it hard to re-adjust the seat.

Disappointing
By AMitch

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased an Accord because of the famed reliability, but over the two years of ownership have found issues constantly creep up, often repeating, even after taking to the dealer to be addressed. It's a fun ride, spacious, and fuel efficient, but the annoyance of sometimes monthly visits to the shop have significantly reduced my trust in the product. Am far less likely to buy a Honda in the future; Toyota's quality seems much higher now.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, good pick up with the manual, lots of room.

Next Honda Is A Camry
By R. Morgan

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the 9th Honda product owned by me and my immediate family. At 76,000 miles with all scheduled maintenance performed, the transmission failed. Honda would not pay for any repair since it was out of warranty. Transmission overhaul cost $2,200. No more loyalty to Honda Motor Company from me. Transmission repair shops will tell you that the torque converter and internal filter are the weak links in all Honda transmissions.