Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 968 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Dor

2003 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Feb. 2003 and I have to say that it is by far the best purchase I made. I use it every day to go to work, averaging 28 mpg (hwy + city). After over 100,000 mi I cannot complain of anything worth mentioning. The interior is simple and yet functional, Overall, a great car.

iVTEC engine - in my opinion the best engine in its class. Overall car reliability.

The design for the front of the car (subjective) - Actually Honda modified it in later years, but destroyed the back in the process (again subjective)

Great Car
By svimburg

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Honda for nearly eight years and have really enjoyed it. So far repair costs have totaled a mere $100 and that was at an out of town dealership on a Saturday afternoon! Very comfortable, precise handling, good visibility and the radio and HVAC controls are easy to use while driving. It is a little slow off the line but the mpg is outstanding. I regularly observe 34 mpg highway and even had one 38 mpg trip. The paint and interior have held up well and still look good. I feel confident that I'll enjoy driving this Accord for another eight years without any complaints.

High mpg, comfortable, good handling, easy to use radio, heater a/c controls.

It's a little slow off the line, but that is a decent trade off for excellent reliability and high mpg.

90,000 miles and better than new.
By Bill E.

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car since December of 02, and have enjoyed every mile I've driven it. Honda recalled it to fix a potential transmission problem at 30,000 miles. I put new tires on it at 70,000 miles, which made it a much better car. The only other repair has been new front brakes at 80,000 miles. The car looks new, feels new, and with the new tires, rides and handles better and quieter than new. I can't find any reason to buy a new one, and plan to put another 90,000 miles on it.

The engine and transmission are great, and the navigation system is wonderful, and 33 mpg on the highway is very acceptable. With the new tires, the ride and handling is much improved.

It would be nice if they used the same gear shift as the Acura because you can't just downshift to fourth gear, but going down a mountain it will downshift if you put the brakes on.

Can't beat the Accord
By James G

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased for my wife 2004 from Jim White Honda in Toledo, OH. and received a good deal as it was an 2003 model. Car has held up great. There was an initial problem with a flickering of the dashboard light, which a dealer in Akron, OH (Mike Pruit Honda) promptly fixed under warranty. The rest of the time has just been routine maintenance. Several people in our families think it time for us to purchase a new vehicle and give them our Honda, but we are not ready to part with it yet. Only problem never repaired is one of the key remote lock would drain a battery (in the key) in a day or 2. We had lived in different cities so no one dealer changed the key, each changed the key's battery.

Nice ride. Tremendous passenger room, with more rear passenger leg room than most SUVs. Reliability: 87,000 plus miles and no major problems. Great dealer support, a philosophy which is foreign to GM, Ford and Chrysler. Great MPG and amazing torque from a 4cyl engine.

For emissions reasons, the 4cyl revs very high till the engine warms up (per Honda Dealers' comments). The car wants to accelerate rather aggressively till warmed up. We nicknamed the car Christine, after the infamous movie about a possessed vehicle ;)

Worst Car I've ever owned!
By Jay424

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm tired of people saying that Honda's are good because they're not. I've had my accord for 7 years and have had 3 transmissions, rear brake caliber snap and leak fluid, 3 power windows went out at once. Also have power seats that move when the car comes to a stop. The first month and a half after I had the car, it spent 5 weeks in the dealership to fix the seats that move. The dealer originally gave me back the car, but destroyed the interior of the car. I've also had a TCS module replaced and my car also has rust on the hood. Honda's build garbage automobiles. I would never buy another Japanese car again. What a waste of $30k. I'm going to buy a 2011 Mustang, with good FORD quality.

V6 power, definitely underrated. Comfortable.

Learn to build a car like the Germans do.