2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Losing it
By A. Jenkins on 08/26/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven Hondas for many years and paid a premium price for their cars. Late last autumn my Accord started to have what I thought was a slight engine tap when it was cold. I took it into a Honda dealer for an assessment. The written assessment stated that their was a slight piston slap but only when the engine was cold. Honda considered the piston slap acceptable. Of course the noise continued to get worse and finally, after a great deal of agravation Honda agreed to replace the engine. They did not provide a loaner nor refund the cost of the analysis. The car runs fine now but I have certainly downgraded Hondas prefered status. Alex. Jenkins

I had very good time with this vehicle
By My 2nd accord on 08/24/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I saw many reliability issues discussed in this board. I thought that was strange, because I only had good memories with this car. The, I remember that I did have some problem with brakes with this car. They wore out too quickly. In one case, the pads were completely gone before 25,000 miles, and rotor was slightly damaged. So I paid like $300 for repair, while vehicle was still under warrantee. I need to change pads again, I have 60k miles now. But I had no other problems, and quite enjoyed the ownership. The engine is powerful and handling is quite good. After 5 years since introduction, this car still looks pretty!

Should have...
By BRL on 08/15/07 16:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought a new 2004 Honda Odyssey which now has 53000 miles with no maintenance but oil changes. When I decided to trade my 2000 Mercury Mystique LS with 80000 miles, I found out that there was not trade-in value and that I probably could have/should have bought a Honda Accord back then. When I got into this 2003 Accord LX and drove it, I knew this was the car for me. I really enjoy driving this car-smooth ride, great handling, great workmanship

An excellent vechicle
By mikem on 08/08/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is our first new Honda after having a used one for several years. Only problem was with radio going out causing all dash lights to be dark. Replaced under extended warranty, but have since seen this has been a probem for them. I love the radio controls on the steering wheel and the sound of the 6 cd changer. The performance of the 4- cylinder engine is remarkable, and well over 35 mpg on the highway even in the mountians. Everyone who rides in is surprised with the room in the back seat. Overall we love this car and expect to keep it for some time to come.

Quality Highway Commuter
By Kevin Groenevelt on 08/05/07 07:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A durable and quality-made performer: this vehicle has gotten it done for me for 4 years now, in all kinds of weather and conditions. It tracked true on ice and crud with the original Michelin Energy MV4 (model# ?) 16 inch tires and cornered reliably. Now have more reasonably priced Yokohama AVID VX4(model#?), and will compare life and winter performance. I make a 100 mile per day work commute on 90% expressway. The original brakes and tires went 82K miles! Had a small foam seat-foreign object imperfection removed under the leather; only dealer inquiry in 30K miles!! Have never had carefree ownership, quality, performance in a vehicle like this one!

Excellent Car!! I would buy another one!
By Shakira on 07/19/07 09:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for over 2 years and absolutely love it, only had one problem with the oxygen sensors.

Honda Accord Reliability
By Mike on 07/06/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Being my first Honda and driving about 75-100 miles a day (Mon-Fri), this car definitely lives up to it's reputation. I serviced my car every 5000 miles based on their program, and after 100,000 here's its history: 1) Factory tires (Michelins) lasted 70,000 miles. 2) Front brakes were replaced once. 3) Rear brakes were replaced twice (average 33000 miles). 4) Serpentine belt and tensioner arm were replaced at 100,666 miles. 5) Radio (6-disc CD) lost LCD display but still played. Vehicle had 56,000 miles and Honda replaced it free of charge (800.00 cost). I live in the Midwest, and depend heavily on a good reliable car. I would not hesitate to purchase another Honda Accord.

Best in class, by far
By SK on 06/06/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My favorite car. Exterior and interior design, styling, material quality, all impecable. Fun to drive, reliable, economical. When this gets old I'm definitely buying another one.

Has been a great car
By Eric on 05/26/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good value for the price. Only problem has been a door rattle that the dealer fixed. This is my 5th Honda and have never had a problem. Sound system is over the top. Seats could be more comfortable, and leather not as nice as my wifes Volvo. Can rarely get more than 31 mpg on the freeway out of the V6.

Great car, a pleasant surprise
By JTC335 on 05/06/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a 4 cylinder sedan with an auto transmission I was amazed at how this thing goes. It's no supercar, but the acceleration is better than you would expect from a car like this. It also handles quite well for a car its weight. On the practical side, I have had no serious problems with this car. Nothing but standard maintainance and the passenger widow rattles a bit. Stereo is great.