2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love This Car
By JHog on 06/18/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car not to long ago, i am a first time Honda owner and i love this car. This car was well maintained by its last owner, it's only had Royal Purple synthetic oil in it changed every 6,000 miles even though it's suggested to be changed every 12000 miles. All scheduled maintenance has been done throughout its life time so far. It has 140,000 miles and drives like new. It starts right up, drives perfect. the last owner took unbelievably good care of this car.

Honda 4dr Lx Auto 4cyl
By GEE GEE on 06/09/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership car is excellent. Quality car. Fit and finish excellent. This is my 3rd Honda Accord. Great value. Average 18 to 19 mpg. city and 30 to 34 mpg. Highway. 4 cyl with plenty of pick up and go. Thinking of buying a 2008 Civic but I think I will stick with this beauty for a few more years.

Sweet car
By mike n. on 06/01/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The reliability of these cars can't be touched. Why buy American? The last Dodge I owned was a mud motor! I also owned an Oldsmobile, what a joke! I've had my Honda over 2 years and no problems. Brakes and battery yes, but normal on any car. I also owned a Nissan maxima for over 10 years! Only normal wear and tear. Although I must say Chevy trucks are the best! Fords have horrible trannys! If not for Chevy I would only buy Honda or Nissan. I hope this info will help you when shop around.

Safest car ever
By BEEVANS on 04/26/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was in a HORRIBLE high speed, head on collision (police & helicopters everywhere!) 4 days ago & was able to get out of my 2003 Accord & walk away. The passengers in the other car (not a Honda) weren't as lucky. I will only trust Honda made cars to protect my son & me!!!

replaced rear brakes
By Tom Z. on 04/18/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive but has corrosion problems. First, the alloy wheels corroded and pitted within six months. My son's Toyota wheels are like new 9 years later. Also, one of the four bolts that hold the air filter housing on was so corroded it broke upon removal as all four were seized. And finally, I had to replace the rear brakes at a cost from the dealer of almost $500. Front brakes are still fine. My wife and I have driven several Mazdas longer and for more miles and have never had the rear brakes so corroded and bound up that replacement was necessary after just 5 years.

Not usual Honda Quality
By BC8 on 04/16/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a loyal Honda owner. I currently have 3 Honda's and my past 9 vehicles have been Honda's so this is painful for me to write. the 2003 V6 suffers from 1st year engineering and quality problems. At 3 yrs my radio display went dark (a problem area) it was covered under warranty but would have been an expensive fix if it hadn't been. In Jan of 2008 my automatic transmission went out, no warning just went out (big bucks). This past week (April 2008) my oxygen sensor went bad. I have had many Honda's and never had these kind of expensive repairs. It truly is starting to shake my confidence in Honda.

A great car
By Ahmad on 03/15/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2003 honda accord is great. this car is very comfortable and has good reliability. overall fit and finish is great.

5 year update
By cxv on 02/09/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership I can declare that the 03 Accord is an excellent car. I'm in the military and we shipped the car to Europe and drove it all over the place. Now back in the US the car is still running and working great. Lots of Accords in my area so we lost the unique factor we had in Europe since the Euro Accord is an Acura TSX for us. My in laws may move close to us so we may pass the car to them and look into another Honda or Acura for us.

Good value for the money
By Hondaman on 09/12/07 13:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an update from my last review 4 years ago. Now with 30K under the clock, I can say that this car is still good value for the money. True, it is a bit date now compared to Jan '03, but it still better looking than the dopey Camry and the cheap looking Altima. Yes, the rear end is still debatable but with the spoiler in place, it's look good enough. The engine is powerful, smooth with reg. gas that several times, I left it in D3 and hardly hear it at 3K RPM. So far, I had a few issues: front brake rotor resurfaced, bad wiper motor and a couple of recalls to fix the 5sp AT and brake caliper. However, it has been reliable every time I turned the key (except on cold days, two).

Losing it
By A. Jenkins on 08/26/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven Hondas for many years and paid a premium price for their cars. Late last autumn my Accord started to have what I thought was a slight engine tap when it was cold. I took it into a Honda dealer for an assessment. The written assessment stated that their was a slight piston slap but only when the engine was cold. Honda considered the piston slap acceptable. Of course the noise continued to get worse and finally, after a great deal of agravation Honda agreed to replace the engine. They did not provide a loaner nor refund the cost of the analysis. The car runs fine now but I have certainly downgraded Hondas prefered status. Alex. Jenkins