Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

best family car I've ever owned
By Dave C.

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2003 Accord nearly 7 years and it is by far the best family car I've ever owned (I've had many). I have *never* had a problem with it -- just regular maintenance. The design is a good balance of power, fuel economy, comfort. A little boring to drive compared to my sports coupe, but that's because it's a family sedan, no fault of its own

its simplicity and reliability

Very reliable
By Igor Tsapenko

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this being 5y.o. at 75K mi.I own it for 2 years now with 100Kmi. Only very minor problems. Recently the light inside won't come on when doors open. Seems to be loose wire contact. Very pleasant to drive. I'm glad I didn't read this review before I bought it. I live in Las Vegas, so perhaps the car lasts longer in the mild climate.

Black fancy interior design, much better than most 2009 makes/models; fun to drive;

none

Great Family Sports Sedan
By ZHorton

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm writing this review because Edmunds.com was such a valuable source of research when I was car shopping, and I wanted to return the favor. We recently bought a used 2003 Honda Accord EX v6 with 72,000 miles. Immediately I was struck with the aggressive acceleration of the Accord - this car is fast! I had driven Hondas in the past and always loved how tight they feel, both on road handling and interior components. Everything feels well considered and integrated. I bought this car primarily for my wife for her daily use. I drive it on long road trips (just logged 1,000 miles on the last one), and feel it is perfectly suited for our needs, reliable, safe (for when we have kids) and fun!

Powerful engine, tight handling, very roomy (I'm 6'3" and there's plenty of space, both in the driver's seat and back seats), good storage, super reliable and safe (curtain airbags), and we love the seat heaters on cold days!

It would be nice to have a built-in auxiliary jack for the stereo, but this model pre-dated the iPod. The stereo is also a bit pedestrian, but it's fine for most people's use.

Best car I've owned
By Bob Aronson

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather and Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

No problems in 75000 miles. Incredibly dependable and fuel efficient. I replaced the brakes at 70000 miles but had no other issues. We drove from Atlanta to Jacksonville, Florida several times and averaged 30 MPG at 70 MPH. I'm only selling it because we bought an RV and a Chevy Van to pull it and no longer need the Honda. We'll be sorry to see it go.

Navigation system. I recently updated the DVD. Without the Nav I would have been lost several times after moving from Minnesota to Florida.

The ride could be a bit smoother but I'm not dissatisfied with it. I love the car.

DON'T BUY!
By Michele

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since we bought this car the transmission has gone out twice, the radio/cd went out and the A/C went out. Our transmission was replaced at 55,000 miles and now at 120,000 miles it's out again! Honda says they know this is an issue, but are not willing to help. We are looking at another $3500!!!