2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Radio, Wipers Trans and Brakes
By Len on 01/09/09 13:11 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just had the lights go out on the radio, Honda repaired free, good for 105 K miles or 7 years. Also got the wiper recall done. Trans recall was done at 24K. Only repairs were for brake disks which have been replaced 2 times for rear and once for front. Bought ceramic last time, hope they last more than 40K miles. Only other repair was for heated seat relay fixed under warranty. This is my 3rd Accord.

Overrated by thousands of people
By AcuraT on 10/21/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been okay but not nearly as great as many claim it to be. City mpg is about 14 with the V-6 engine with light throttle, 28 to 30 highway. Car has had transmission problems, electrical issues, and generally not that reliable. I also owned a 2001 Acura TL that nearly stranded me at 61,000 miles due to a faulty transmission. This will be my last Honda since the dealer is not sympathetic even with the extended warranty ("that is normal"). I do not recommend Madison Honda in Madison, NJ to fix any Honda - do not buy the extended warranty there.

Good performance midsize car
By Dr Who on 10/21/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the EX V6 new in Jan. 03 and been happy with the car 30K later. I had several recalls work, most serious was the tranny. However, it started every time and have never broken down once in 5.6 years. It's fairly fast and hold it own against the BMW, Audi but at a much lower cost. Very good car for the money as compared to the Maxima or Camry. It certainly is not as luxurious as the Germans or Japanese high end but is a decent ride. Road holding is not great due to the tires. Mileage (23 MPG) is actually worse than my 1993 Maxima (25 MPG) mainly because of the 5 speed auto held back at 4th gear in city traffic.

No Thrills but No Chills Either
By DCARR on 10/21/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Accord EX-L for almost 5 years now and its truly amazing. If you're looking for a car to wow you with performance and handling look elsewhere. But if you want a vehicle that looks classy, rides well, gets great MPG and does just about anything with ease get an Accord. I've taken it on long trips and even though its 5 years old with 40K miles I still prefer it over a rental car any day when I have the option for a business trip. Taught both my teenagers to drive in it and everybody survived! Easily the best all around car I have ever owned...I hope to keep it for many many years to come.

peppy, comfortable ride but low mileage
By chilehead on 09/24/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought this used to have a cash car and to get into something with better gas mileage than my truck. I love the styling and would say it on of my favorite years for being sporty and practical all in one car. I have lots of trunk space, the seats are comfortable and the stereo even sounds good. My main issue is I'm getting poor gas mileage. I wasn't expecting the EPA mileage, but for a 4-cyl, I was hoping for better than 20/30. I average about 23-24 mpg. I have explored all the gas saving tune ups too. I was getting 19-20 in my v-8 truck. I wish I would have opted for the 6-cyl as the mileage is about same with more oomph.

Fantastic Vehicle
By asu1981 on 09/19/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my 3rd Honda Accord over the last 20 years. It has been a great vehicle since we purchased it new in 2003. The gas mileage has been excellent - consistent 24 MPG in city commuter driving. We have averaged 33 MPG on trips.

2003 automatic transimission fails
By Jay on 09/07/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2003 Accord used and owned it for 12 months when the transmission failed at 67K miles. $2,700 Ouch! In researching we found that transmission failures in 2003 Accords are quite common. Take a look at the April 2008 Consumer Reports Used-car reliability report and you'll see how evident it is that Honda had a problem with these transmissions. Despite the clear evidence of a problem Honda will not stand behind these failures. If you have a 2003 Honda Accord sell, sell, sell while your vehicle value is still high and you haven't suffered the cost of a transmission rebuild or replacement.

My 3003 Honda EX V6 experience
By O.R.C on 09/06/08 15:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my Honda in December of 2002. My family has had six Hondas, and they have all been good reliable vehicles. I probably will won't live long enough to wear it out

Best car I have driven so far
By ecvoyager on 09/05/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda and I like it. After 5 years of drive, there still is no noise from inside. Way better quality than my previous Toyota Corolla. And with only a 2.4 L engine, this car accelerates so fast that I felt like in a sport car. And I got 25 GPS minimum when I drove in the city, way better than my previous Nissan Altima. My car only needs to replace engine oil every 10,000 miles. Save money. I never have any problem with my car, except may be one or two recall services by Honda. I love the car and passed this 2003 model to my daughter. I just bought a new 2008 Accord EX for myself.

Highly Reliable Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl
By Nova10s on 09/04/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 03 Honda Accord 2.4 cyl EX with leather. With 98,000 miles on it, this car continues to amaze me. The only non-standard repair involved the 6 CD changer/radio's electronic screen going blank and the dealer replaced the radio at no charge, even though it was out of warranty (this is a common problem I was told). My car averages 27+ MPG combined and on the highway, it easily exceeds 30 MPG. On my car, the maintenance items like the disc brakes have to replaced every 24,000 miles and the rotors roughly 50,000 miles. The tires on the back were the original tires until recently when I replaced all four tires. This time I'll rotate them, to get even wear.