Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Can't beat the Accord
By James G

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased for my wife 2004 from Jim White Honda in Toledo, OH. and received a good deal as it was an 2003 model. Car has held up great. There was an initial problem with a flickering of the dashboard light, which a dealer in Akron, OH (Mike Pruit Honda) promptly fixed under warranty. The rest of the time has just been routine maintenance. Several people in our families think it time for us to purchase a new vehicle and give them our Honda, but we are not ready to part with it yet. Only problem never repaired is one of the key remote lock would drain a battery (in the key) in a day or 2. We had lived in different cities so no one dealer changed the key, each changed the key's battery.

Favorite Features

Nice ride. Tremendous passenger room, with more rear passenger leg room than most SUVs. Reliability: 87,000 plus miles and no major problems. Great dealer support, a philosophy which is foreign to GM, Ford and Chrysler. Great MPG and amazing torque from a 4cyl engine.

Suggested Improvements

For emissions reasons, the 4cyl revs very high till the engine warms up (per Honda Dealers' comments). The car wants to accelerate rather aggressively till warmed up. We nicknamed the car Christine, after the infamous movie about a possessed vehicle ;)

Worst Car I've ever owned!
By Jay424

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm tired of people saying that Honda's are good because they're not. I've had my accord for 7 years and have had 3 transmissions, rear brake caliber snap and leak fluid, 3 power windows went out at once. Also have power seats that move when the car comes to a stop. The first month and a half after I had the car, it spent 5 weeks in the dealership to fix the seats that move. The dealer originally gave me back the car, but destroyed the interior of the car. I've also had a TCS module replaced and my car also has rust on the hood. Honda's build garbage automobiles. I would never buy another Japanese car again. What a waste of $30k. I'm going to buy a 2011 Mustang, with good FORD quality.

Favorite Features

V6 power, definitely underrated. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Learn to build a car like the Germans do.

No 7 year itch for us. We love this car!
By Happy Honda Owner

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Accord in May '03, it has 105,000 miles, and still love it. It still runs like the day we bought it. The only issue we had was the timing belt broke literally 2 days before I was going to take it in for the 105,000 mile maintenance where it was going to get changed regardless. Thankfully, it happened in the driveway. At first we were quoted a $2000 repair, but when they saw our appointment in the computer, they charged just the $1500 maintenance, and did all the other services for that check-up, AND found a 10% off coupon for us to use. My husband has always loved Honda, but this is my first one. With reliability and service like this, I now understand why.

Favorite Features

Built in navigation system, steering wheel radio controls, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Seat position memory. The driver's seat is very comfortable, but it has to be adjusted "just so" for me to get there. It's very aggravating when my husband or the repairmen adjust it. Seat memory would help A LOT.

New owner
By Koolhunk

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 85k used accord 2003 ex,i ddnt even reach home an routers started screeching had multiple problems with car but all minor.I am bit scared after reading evrybodys review of radio display,transmission,moonroof leak problems hope and just pray it doesn't trouble me more.

Favorite Features

interior dash panel design

Suggested Improvements

Improve the cd panel problems, transmissions.

best family car I've ever owned
By Dave C.

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2003 Accord nearly 7 years and it is by far the best family car I've ever owned (I've had many). I have *never* had a problem with it -- just regular maintenance. The design is a good balance of power, fuel economy, comfort. A little boring to drive compared to my sports coupe, but that's because it's a family sedan, no fault of its own

Favorite Features

its simplicity and reliability