2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

Average Consumer Rating 1,274 Total Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Radio Problem
By rockwell on 08/22/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The background display has gone out and no clock display. Seat belt light stays on continually. Other owners at different websites have reported the same problem. Very expensive to fix. I also own a 2009 Accord and I think I better sell it before problems arise. It feels less reliable than 2003.

fun for the buck
By rich on 07/30/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it with a few dings in it, but over all in great shape. Its a little four banger, but zips around town. Brakes like a champ and handles turns quite well. Very pleased with my purchase. Waiting to see how it handles in the snow and go from there.

Wish I'd done more research
By sis26 on 07/07/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car new; never had a Honda. Barely 3 years old & clear coat started to wear off. After 6 years old, clear coat/paint looked horrible and much worse than should for its age. Honda was unwilling to help and admitted no quality issues w/ paint; however have found many others with paint problems as well. Lots of squeaks & creaks on inside that are getting louder w/ age; Water from moonroof drains has left stains on the interior near windshield & did very early in its life. Doubtful that I would buy another based on my experience w/ paint issue.

Honda 2003 PRH 6-09
By Hugret on 06/30/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car has proven to be the best car I have owned in 45 years of car ownership. Other than wear parts nothing has had to be repaired. My last highway trip was a round trip 300 mile trip and I averaged 30 MPG. Not too shabby for a 6 1/2 year old car!

Bought used at 112,000 miles
By first car for son on 05/16/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

6 months after purchase, the pcm computer and transmission failed at 118,000 miles. Appears that the computer told the trans to downshift into 1st and stay there. What seemed like a good used car now cost 50% more than we paid and is no longer a good deal. We are quite disappointed we bought this car.

Cool Honda
By leo on 04/23/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2003 Honda Accord is the best Japan car. I had it for 7 years. I bought it in 2003 and still have it. It runs great and it is a very fast car. The top speed I got it at the track is 140. My sister and I bought 2. She has one and I have one and I think you should buy one too. You will love your Honda Accord forever. Buy it! It will last you for long life.

Better than you might expect
By David on 04/01/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Accord EX-V6 sedan brand new in December of 2002. Almost 6.5 years in, it has probably been out of service no more than a couple of weeks. I serviced primarily at two dealers (Braman in West Palm Beach, FL & Wade Raulerson in Gainesville, FL) - both are professional and prompt. I have a heavy foot, but my fuel economy is just ok. . . I struggle to get 20mpg with a 50/50 city/highway mix. Wind noise is unacceptably intrusive. However, engine and transmission refinement, overall ride quality, interior design and comfort, and the overall continued quality of this car are unsurpassed in the price range. Not without it faults, but definitely the best pick in this class of vehicle.

Sweet Ride EX style
By Masterm1nd23 on 03/09/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Man where to begin with this wonderful car. I love the way this car looks and getting behind the wheel is even more exhilarating. The car is sporty but yet sophisticated. Getting on the highway is a real rush in this vehicle. I can't wait to get my K&N air filter which will give my beauty "Silver Surfette" approximately 260 horsepower. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves comfort and performance.

6 year old car turning into a money sink
By cdonner on 03/05/09 06:20 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Issues during the first 6 years included rapid brake wear, radio/AC backlight failure, ignition failure (6 ignition coil plus labor is a $1000 repair). The transmission never seemed to work right and I took the car in 2 weeks after we bought it (only to be ridiculed by the service transmission). It went in again for the transmission recall in 2004. The transmission fluid was changed at 111k miles in 2008 (well before the required 120k). Less then 6 months later the transmission went out. First gear only, no reverse. A faulty torque converter, the cause for the jerky shifts from 1st to 2nd gear that many experience, burned up the transmission.

55,000 mile review
By Overall gret car! on 03/01/09 18:49 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 has plenty of power and is fun to drive. There is problem with the transmission slipping that the dealers don't seem to be able to figure out. I have had the exterior window trim replaced 4 times since new and it needs to be done again. There are lot of interior squeaks that seem to be getting worse. The quality in finish work seems to be lacking. The metal and paint is very thin and chips/dings easy.