2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Wish I'd done more research
By sis26 on 07/07/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car new; never had a Honda. Barely 3 years old & clear coat started to wear off. After 6 years old, clear coat/paint looked horrible and much worse than should for its age. Honda was unwilling to help and admitted no quality issues w/ paint; however have found many others with paint problems as well. Lots of squeaks & creaks on inside that are getting louder w/ age; Water from moonroof drains has left stains on the interior near windshield & did very early in its life. Doubtful that I would buy another based on my experience w/ paint issue.

Honda 2003 PRH 6-09
By Hugret on 06/30/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car has proven to be the best car I have owned in 45 years of car ownership. Other than wear parts nothing has had to be repaired. My last highway trip was a round trip 300 mile trip and I averaged 30 MPG. Not too shabby for a 6 1/2 year old car!

Cool Honda
By leo on 04/23/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2003 Honda Accord is the best Japan car. I had it for 7 years. I bought it in 2003 and still have it. It runs great and it is a very fast car. The top speed I got it at the track is 140. My sister and I bought 2. She has one and I have one and I think you should buy one too. You will love your Honda Accord forever. Buy it! It will last you for long life.

Better than you might expect
By David on 04/01/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Accord EX-V6 sedan brand new in December of 2002. Almost 6.5 years in, it has probably been out of service no more than a couple of weeks. I serviced primarily at two dealers (Braman in West Palm Beach, FL & Wade Raulerson in Gainesville, FL) - both are professional and prompt. I have a heavy foot, but my fuel economy is just ok. . . I struggle to get 20mpg with a 50/50 city/highway mix. Wind noise is unacceptably intrusive. However, engine and transmission refinement, overall ride quality, interior design and comfort, and the overall continued quality of this car are unsurpassed in the price range. Not without it faults, but definitely the best pick in this class of vehicle.

6 year old car turning into a money sink
By cdonner on 03/05/09 06:20 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Issues during the first 6 years included rapid brake wear, radio/AC backlight failure, ignition failure (6 ignition coil plus labor is a $1000 repair). The transmission never seemed to work right and I took the car in 2 weeks after we bought it (only to be ridiculed by the service transmission). It went in again for the transmission recall in 2004. The transmission fluid was changed at 111k miles in 2008 (well before the required 120k). Less then 6 months later the transmission went out. First gear only, no reverse. A faulty torque converter, the cause for the jerky shifts from 1st to 2nd gear that many experience, burned up the transmission.

Used 03 EX I-4 115.5k miles
By scott M. on 02/13/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First Honda I've ever owned. This was the first year of this model so it had two design problems. The front motor mount had to be replaced and corrected with a stabilizer bar and windshield wiper motor had a new cover put over it because of water corrosion. I just replaced my front brake pads after 60k got tired of the new pads sitting in the trunk. I found I get better highway gas mileage with 5-30w 25cty/30hwy oil then using the 5-20w 26cty/28hwy. The only parts replaced because of failure was an O2 sensor at 63k and A/C ON/OFF switch. I do change oil at 3.2k to 3.5k and transmission fluid once a year.

Excellent Car, Great Value
By RMHonda on 02/08/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new and has been a great value and still fun to drive. Efficient yet powerful enough to daily commute. I've tracked every tank of gas for this car... averages 33 MPG with a 5 speed manual transmission. Replaced front brakes and original tires at about 72,000 miles. Still original rear brakes. Only two problems - catalytic converter and O2 sensor. No other problems. Overall, a great driving experience.

Nice ride
By nellie on 02/08/09 03:51 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used accord in '07 w/ 58,000. This car looks nice, rides nice, but w a 13.5 gal tank my trip is only reading 320 miles til empty. What's that about 25mpg- (city/highway) I am little disappointed in the gas mileage, I got better in my 97' Saturn (28mpg). but over all I would buy another Honda because it's been two years and no problems, nada!!!

Questioned Reliability
By Max Epr on 02/04/09 11:27 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new. The 8th Honda product in my family... 3 Acuras. Auto transmission failed at 76,000 miles. All scheduled maintenance has been performed. Car was out of warranty so took it to local transmission repair shop. Cost $2,200 for overhaul. Faulty torque converter was cause. My next car will be a Camry.

Radio, Wipers Trans and Brakes
By Len on 01/09/09 13:11 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just had the lights go out on the radio, Honda repaired free, good for 105 K miles or 7 years. Also got the wiper recall done. Trans recall was done at 24K. Only repairs were for brake disks which have been replaced 2 times for rear and once for front. Bought ceramic last time, hope they last more than 40K miles. Only other repair was for heated seat relay fixed under warranty. This is my 3rd Accord.