Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Good car, but noisy
By Tom

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Original owner, now 7+ years old with about 70,000 miles, overall very reliable, nothing beyond regular maintenance until this year though the brakes need replacement too frequently. I had the rear first done at 20,000. Excellent mileage - 34-35 consistently on the long freeway trips, 26-28 in town mixed driving. The car is very responsive and peppy. The ride is a bit harsh however, and there is way too much road noise for a car in this class. This is my first Honda and I've been told road noise is common. My car tends to drift to the left and dealers have been unable to fully fix it. Annoying but not a huge deal.

Pretty quick and responsive for a four cyl, love the auto climate control, good sound system and comfortable seating.

harsh ride, too much road noise, trunk is big, but opening is too small to anything at all large, lacks heated mirrors.

Very pleased after 7 years
By Blake

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Accord new in 2003. It has met or exceeded all my expectations. We now have 200,000 km on the car and have made 2 unscheduled visits to the dealership. When the car was new, the low-washer-fluid sensor did not work, or was not connected. At 135,000 km the HVAC/Radio display went out and was replaced, no hassles by a good-will warranty. It's hard to find fault with this car. Clutch still works like new, very reasonable gas mileage, reasonable 4- cyl torque and Hp (161 and 160). Maintenance costs have been low. I am a true car enthusiast and while this car is not overly exciting, it does everything it is expected to do and does it well.

HVAC climate control and stereo interface are very intuitive. Sunroof. Remote power-down for all windows is great on a hot day. Smooth engine and manual transmission. Dealer installed chin spoiler and trunk spoiler give it a little something that is missing from factory appearance.

Automatic locking doors when car is up to speed. (this may be standard in the US (don't know), but it is not in Canada.

Just a suggestion
By Madame Butterfly

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car but I had a friend get me front license plate made and I cannot put on the front of my car. I see that most of these Honda's do not have a place to put a front license tag.

Sun roof, 6 disc cd changer, air conditioner (for driver and passenger), seat warmers

make all calls with a front license's plate tag, get more gas mileage

Great Car
By Dor

2003 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Feb. 2003 and I have to say that it is by far the best purchase I made. I use it every day to go to work, averaging 28 mpg (hwy + city). After over 100,000 mi I cannot complain of anything worth mentioning. The interior is simple and yet functional, Overall, a great car.

iVTEC engine - in my opinion the best engine in its class. Overall car reliability.

The design for the front of the car (subjective) - Actually Honda modified it in later years, but destroyed the back in the process (again subjective)

Great Car
By svimburg

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Honda for nearly eight years and have really enjoyed it. So far repair costs have totaled a mere $100 and that was at an out of town dealership on a Saturday afternoon! Very comfortable, precise handling, good visibility and the radio and HVAC controls are easy to use while driving. It is a little slow off the line but the mpg is outstanding. I regularly observe 34 mpg highway and even had one 38 mpg trip. The paint and interior have held up well and still look good. I feel confident that I'll enjoy driving this Accord for another eight years without any complaints.

High mpg, comfortable, good handling, easy to use radio, heater a/c controls.

It's a little slow off the line, but that is a decent trade off for excellent reliability and high mpg.