Used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

okay
By ex

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem is I have been back to dealer 3x for the annoying problem of center console door problem. once closed it will not open (where I have CD's that I can't get to)and I have to go back again because it STILL isn't fixed they obviously never test it prior to giving it back to me. Otherwise dealer is responsive to my needs

Favorite Features

automatic transmission is great.

Suggested Improvements

More power would be a improvement. Minor but I did like those "purple dash" lights on the VW . The coupe could use front seats with more lateral support, side bolsters. could get rear seat, when folded, to sit flat. Steering response, and "feel" could be better )

Honda or Kia?
By DJS2003

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd honda vehicle- honda civic ex, 2002 honda accord, 2003 honda accord. The build quality of my 2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 is very poor. The trim around the side windows wrinkles up no permanent fix yet. I had a leak on the passenger side i was told was a bad weld? my honda accord was in the shop for a week. I have had my disc brake rotors turned twice from warping, I had rattles and squeaks wich thay also fixed. I can't beleive no one else has had any of these annoying problems. I am totally dissapointed in Honda. I think they are getting lazy. Is this a Honda or a Kia?

Favorite Features

I like everything about the car - but the annoying things that have occured really turn me off to Honda.

Suggested Improvements

A $26,000+ Honda Accord should have better build quality. I am sure it will run forever but what will it look like in 4-5 yrs?

Shake, Rattle, and Roll
By kwh1

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the worst assembled car it has ever been my displeasure to own. Shame on the folks in Marysville! Does anyone inspect these things before shipping? I have never been assaulted by so many annoying noises from a vehicle in my life (and I owned a Chevette...)! Rattles, squeaks, clicks, etc. Terrible. My first (and last) Honda. Most difficult standard to get used to I've ever owned. Vague feeling clutch makes smooth shifting almost impossible.

Favorite Features

Exterior Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Inspect the darn car before it leaves the factory for crying out loud! They either have blind people, or broken robots, assembling these things.

Wow...
By LadyKat631

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my new Honda Accord EX Coup for a few days but it is awesome. SO FUN TO DRIVE. I love the sleek design and functional interior.

Favorite Features

Quick pick-up and great handling. Fingertip controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Location of the moon roof controls is a little difficult. Also an auto open on the moonroof would be nice.

Excellent Car for your Money
By BroHammer Lou

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car since it was released in March of '03, going on 11000 miles. Coming from an S2000, I wanted something that was less noisy, could fit more people, but kept the fun-to- drive factor. I got exactly that in the Accord Coupe 6-speed. Amazing package. Ultra-quiet; while the suspension is "sport-tuned", it doesn't take away from the exceptional level of silence this car exhibits. On local streets, I find myself forgetting to shift, because the car sounds like it's idling when running at around 3000 rpm. On the highway, 80 mph sees the tach at a mere 2500 rpm in 6th gear. I totally agree with Edmunds in saying that this car is "deceptively quick".

Favorite Features

This package equals or surpasses luxury brands. Favorites would have to be: leather seats, in-dash 6-disc CD changer, carbon-fiber trim, 6-speed shifter (smooth like an automatic), remote windows, 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, and remote keyfob.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is excellent, but can pop out of the gate while shifting quickly. Better tires; torque causes wheelspin at a mere 2500 rpm. Fold-down seats should have wider, rectangular (rather than trapezoidal) opening. Steering wheel a little high when set to see tach/odo display clearly.