2003 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 2003 Accord 2.4L LX

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2003 Honda Accord

1,288 Total Reviews

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

2003 Accord 2.4L LX
By michael on

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2007 with 50k miles and I am now at nearly 150k with no major mechanical problems. Only work thats been done on this car is oil and transmission fluid, brakes, tires, timing belt as scheduled for mileage. I'd like to trade for something more fun to drive or better-looking every now and then but being that I drive alot for work, I cant find anything better for the price range and practicality. Its a little slow off the line but i would not say its underpowered. Transmission took to making a whirring sound just after 100k miles, which worried me as some have mentioned problems there. Since I was past warranty I just crossed my fingers and kept driving, still ok 50k later

mileage: averaged 30-33, now with yakima roof rack down to 28-30. mostly highway. Leg room: I'm 6'1" and I keep my seat cranked back and rear passengers always say they still have plenty of leg room behind me.

no 60/40 split in back seat, only small hole at armrest or you have to fold the whole seat down. Honda dealer service departments: Kept changing after nearly every visit, would only ever repeat business with one or two of the dozen I'd tried, always felt so crooked, working on commission.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review