Used 2003 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Outstanding 03 Accord
By movinwest

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a new 03 accord lx with a manual transmission. I purchased the car instead of a nissan z or an audi a4 as I thought I would be practical for once. During 200,000 trouble free miles the car won me over with a combination of enjoyable driving dynamics, all around practicality and reliability. The only repairs other than brake pads and two batteries, was an oxygen sensor which needed replacement costing a little over $100. The build quality is certainly a high point for this car as it seemed as solid at 200k as when it was new. The mileage was tremendous as on one trip I got up to 36 mpg on the highway. A tremendous value.

Build Quality, Reliability, Ergonomics.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Dr. Blob

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car used in 1/05 w. 16,500 miles. Car now has 108,000+. Rides and runs like it was brand new! Nothing but regular maintenance (5000 miles oil changes, trans and radiator every other year, 100,000 mile total makeover etc). I am still using the original rear brakes (the last year for the old drum style -very durable). 5 speed manual is still smooth - original clutch - no slippage or chattering. Approximately 30 mpg - mixed driving - regular gas. Everything still works - very comfortable - handles like it's on rails. Can't rave about it enough! Love it!

Incredible reliability - no repairs - only maintenance - pretty quick - smooth 5 speed manual - great gas mileage for the size of the car. This car is my buddy - I will never get rid of it.

None - wish I could clone it to have a spare just in case.

Disappointing
By AMitch

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased an Accord because of the famed reliability, but over the two years of ownership have found issues constantly creep up, often repeating, even after taking to the dealer to be addressed. It's a fun ride, spacious, and fuel efficient, but the annoyance of sometimes monthly visits to the shop have significantly reduced my trust in the product. Am far less likely to buy a Honda in the future; Toyota's quality seems much higher now.

Fuel efficiency, good pick up with the manual, lots of room.

Honda 4dr Lx Auto 4cyl
By GEE GEE

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership car is excellent. Quality car. Fit and finish excellent. This is my 3rd Honda Accord. Great value. Average 18 to 19 mpg. city and 30 to 34 mpg. Highway. 4 cyl with plenty of pick up and go. Thinking of buying a 2008 Civic but I think I will stick with this beauty for a few more years.

Quality and finish and reliability

None

5 year update
By cxv

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership I can declare that the 03 Accord is an excellent car. I'm in the military and we shipped the car to Europe and drove it all over the place. Now back in the US the car is still running and working great. Lots of Accords in my area so we lost the unique factor we had in Europe since the Euro Accord is an Acura TSX for us. My in laws may move close to us so we may pass the car to them and look into another Honda or Acura for us.

Everything.