2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

best family car I've ever owned
By Dave C.

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2003 Accord nearly 7 years and it is by far the best family car I've ever owned (I've had many). I have *never* had a problem with it -- just regular maintenance. The design is a good balance of power, fuel economy, comfort. A little boring to drive compared to my sports coupe, but that's because it's a family sedan, no fault of its own

Favorite Features

its simplicity and reliability

Losing it
By A. Jenkins

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven Hondas for many years and paid a premium price for their cars. Late last autumn my Accord started to have what I thought was a slight engine tap when it was cold. I took it into a Honda dealer for an assessment. The written assessment stated that their was a slight piston slap but only when the engine was cold. Honda considered the piston slap acceptable. Of course the noise continued to get worse and finally, after a great deal of agravation Honda agreed to replace the engine. They did not provide a loaner nor refund the cost of the analysis. The car runs fine now but I have certainly downgraded Hondas prefered status. Alex. Jenkins

Has been a great car
By Eric

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good value for the price. Only problem has been a door rattle that the dealer fixed. This is my 5th Honda and have never had a problem. Sound system is over the top. Seats could be more comfortable, and leather not as nice as my wifes Volvo. Can rarely get more than 31 mpg on the freeway out of the V6.

Favorite Features

Great sound and 6 disc changer in dash. Fit and finish are good. Exterior paint still in excellent shape. Heated front seats. Honda resale value

Suggested Improvements

I'm always looking for better gas mileage. More comfortable seats. Better windshield defrosting

Shake, rattle and roll
By fed_up_with_Honda

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good design, good technology. Very poor build quality, reminiscent of '70's GM. Too many rattles to list (dash, seatbelt adjuster, exhaust, etc). A/C clunks every time it cycles on. Brake pads worn out at 30000 miles (under warranty). I had similar problems in a '95 Civic. Since manufacture moved to North America, QA has gone way down. (Sorry, but its the truth). I have owned many Hondas over the years (even motorcycles). But no more. Will no longer pay steep premium price for such poor quality. Will trade in on a Ford or GM. I expect the same quality problems, but will spend far less money.

Favorite Features

Engine has lots of power.

Suggested Improvements

Honda - get your build quality up in the first year or two of production. I shouldn't have to wait for third year of production before I buy - the Civic is redesigned for 2006, but I won't even look at it because I expect similar problems.

A Nice Drive
By DreArf

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First vehicle I have ever owned and it was new when I bought it. I have had so much fun driving it. Power is quite pleasant, but I do notice a slight hesistation before it kicks in when I accelerate hard. I have fine tuned it some by adding chrome rims, AEM cold air intake valve, AERO turbine performance mufflers, and special paint striping. I'm 5'4 and the visibility is okay, but if you're short you need to just get use to visually compensating when parking and driving in tight spaces. The design a lot of people seem to complain, but of course, if you own one it grows on you. The car has been a surprise to drive and I hope someone can enjoy this model as much as I have.

Favorite Features

Responsive handling/steering. Good performance for the engine. Layout of interior (sporty look). Opening of trunk with button on key fob. Fuel economy even though some think it is average.

Suggested Improvements

Beef the horsepower to maybe 250 - 260. Make the headlights a little more bright. Turning radius needs work. Put a temperature gauge on the higher end models. Maybe put 17" inch rims on the V6 models. Offer more sport package or other fine accessories on the sedan too.

LX-V6... Good Value, Excellent Car!!
By Jason H.

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first BIG purchase right out of college and I'm glad I made this choice. The exterior design of the car took a little getting used to. Otherwise, the car's performance is great! It handles well and gets great gas mileage (about 30-31 on the freeway and 24-25 in the city). Seating is comfortable (in the front and back), plenty of trunk space and tons of power on the LX-V6.

Favorite Features

Cruise control/Radio controls on the wheel are easy to use, electric driver's seat provides plenty of leg room for tall drivers like me, 6-CD changer/stereo system a nice standard feature, tons of trunk space, reliable and affordable.

Suggested Improvements

Lighting the controls on the steering wheel, making alloy wheels standard on the LX-V6 models, lumbar support on the driver and passenger seats, breaking seems average.

One Year Later.......
By mazebl

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having bought the very first Accord made (1977), i was excited to get back in one after too many years of mom- mobiles. The reviews are mixed, but overall, satisfactory.

Favorite Features

V-6!!! It goes!! The dark blue is distinctive. Good storage. Smooth on highways. MPG good for a V-6, i think.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are thinly padded, stiff. Hardware will need careful treatment to last 5 years or so. What is with the remote trunk opener? You have to stand to the side of the car and a certain distance away or it will not open.

Accord LX6 great car!
By ZGuy

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful performance, and mileage. Lots of power w/ this V6 and 32mpg on freeway, 23 city.Excellent sound system w/ 6 disc changer. Frigid air and immediate hot heater.Love the power seat.Superb exterior trim and paint. Only non super thing is wind leaks on both front windows and 3 trips to Beaudry Honda have yet to resolve the problem. Everything else is very fine.

Favorite Features

Power and mileage. Sound system. Comfy seats. Wonderful handling and brakes and safety rating w/ air bags all around.

Suggested Improvements

Wind leaks/noise! Three trips to beaudry Honda and still no luck! Steering wheel controls for cruise and stereo need to be lit. Lumbar support needs to be adjustable!

Excellent buy
By iluvgolf1

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great experience overall. Smooth ride with plenty of power. Relatively quiet cabin at freeway speeds.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride. Plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Include alloy wheels in LX-V6 models!

Honda Accord LX rating
By jumpn10692

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but good experiences with this car it is my pride and joy I go everywhere in it

Favorite Features

?

Suggested Improvements

?