Used 2003 Honda Accord EX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Running Strong after All Theses Years
By Wendy G

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have done all the required maintenance on time and this car has never broken down..ever. That is the best thing about Honda's. You take care of them, they will take care of you. After 178,000 miles, all I have done is replace batteries, wipers, tires, brakes and an alternator. Regular attention to the owners manual has kept me rolling along and safe. Love this car!!

pretty nice
By stewart

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this accord used from a trade in with 220,000 miles. Right now I have 229,000 miles. No major issues. Took it from ohio to florida bo problem. Scariest complaint I have seen is about excessive oil consumption. From my research it seems to happen when oil changes are not done and the oil gets dirty. When that happens your timing chain which relies upon oil pressure can jump/ get stretched. Get your oil changed every 3000 miles. I dont lose any oil and this car to get to 220k miles must have been changed like clockwork. Also the automatic seems to have tranny problems.. I have a 5 speed manual and I seen hardly any complaints. Buying used make sure the car is clean.. If someone took good care of the interior and outside, then they probably took care of it mechanically too. Also when i bought mine the oil was just due for the 3000 change.. And the small dealership didn't change the oil prior to me buying. This let me see the level of the oil, and how dirty it was after 3000 miles.. To which the oil looked good. So i bought it and had it changed first thing. I expected with that many miles to not get the window sticker epa mileage.. But in fact i get 29 combined city and highway. Taking it to florida a tank seemed to get a max of about 520 miles. Take care of your Honda if you want it to last!

Very pleased after 7 years
By Blake

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Accord new in 2003. It has met or exceeded all my expectations. We now have 200,000 km on the car and have made 2 unscheduled visits to the dealership. When the car was new, the low-washer-fluid sensor did not work, or was not connected. At 135,000 km the HVAC/Radio display went out and was replaced, no hassles by a good-will warranty. It's hard to find fault with this car. Clutch still works like new, very reasonable gas mileage, reasonable 4- cyl torque and Hp (161 and 160). Maintenance costs have been low. I am a true car enthusiast and while this car is not overly exciting, it does everything it is expected to do and does it well.

HVAC climate control and stereo interface are very intuitive. Sunroof. Remote power-down for all windows is great on a hot day. Smooth engine and manual transmission. Dealer installed chin spoiler and trunk spoiler give it a little something that is missing from factory appearance.

Automatic locking doors when car is up to speed. (this may be standard in the US (don't know), but it is not in Canada.

Radio Problem
By rockwell

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The background display has gone out and no clock display. Seat belt light stays on continually. Other owners at different websites have reported the same problem. Very expensive to fix. I also own a 2009 Accord and I think I better sell it before problems arise. It feels less reliable than 2003.

Engine

Electrical system.

Cool Honda
By leo

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2003 Honda Accord is the best Japan car. I had it for 7 years. I bought it in 2003 and still have it. It runs great and it is a very fast car. The top speed I got it at the track is 140. My sister and I bought 2. She has one and I have one and I think you should buy one too. You will love your Honda Accord forever. Buy it! It will last you for long life.

the inside and motor