2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Outstanding 03 Accord
By movinwest on 08/21/11 17:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a new 03 accord lx with a manual transmission. I purchased the car instead of a nissan z or an audi a4 as I thought I would be practical for once. During 200,000 trouble free miles the car won me over with a combination of enjoyable driving dynamics, all around practicality and reliability. The only repairs other than brake pads and two batteries, was an oxygen sensor which needed replacement costing a little over $100. The build quality is certainly a high point for this car as it seemed as solid at 200k as when it was new. The mileage was tremendous as on one trip I got up to 36 mpg on the highway. A tremendous value.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Dr. Blob on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car used in 1/05 w. 16,500 miles. Car now has 108,000+. Rides and runs like it was brand new! Nothing but regular maintenance (5000 miles oil changes, trans and radiator every other year, 100,000 mile total makeover etc). I am still using the original rear brakes (the last year for the old drum style -very durable). 5 speed manual is still smooth - original clutch - no slippage or chattering. Approximately 30 mpg - mixed driving - regular gas. Everything still works - very comfortable - handles like it's on rails. Can't rave about it enough! Love it!

Disappointing
By AMitch on 09/23/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased an Accord because of the famed reliability, but over the two years of ownership have found issues constantly creep up, often repeating, even after taking to the dealer to be addressed. It's a fun ride, spacious, and fuel efficient, but the annoyance of sometimes monthly visits to the shop have significantly reduced my trust in the product. Am far less likely to buy a Honda in the future; Toyota's quality seems much higher now.

Honda 4dr Lx Auto 4cyl
By GEE GEE on 06/09/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership car is excellent. Quality car. Fit and finish excellent. This is my 3rd Honda Accord. Great value. Average 18 to 19 mpg. city and 30 to 34 mpg. Highway. 4 cyl with plenty of pick up and go. Thinking of buying a 2008 Civic but I think I will stick with this beauty for a few more years.

5 year update
By cxv on 02/09/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 years of ownership I can declare that the 03 Accord is an excellent car. I'm in the military and we shipped the car to Europe and drove it all over the place. Now back in the US the car is still running and working great. Lots of Accords in my area so we lost the unique factor we had in Europe since the Euro Accord is an Acura TSX for us. My in laws may move close to us so we may pass the car to them and look into another Honda or Acura for us.

I had very good time with this vehicle
By My 2nd accord on 08/24/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I saw many reliability issues discussed in this board. I thought that was strange, because I only had good memories with this car. The, I remember that I did have some problem with brakes with this car. They wore out too quickly. In one case, the pads were completely gone before 25,000 miles, and rotor was slightly damaged. So I paid like $300 for repair, while vehicle was still under warrantee. I need to change pads again, I have 60k miles now. But I had no other problems, and quite enjoyed the ownership. The engine is powerful and handling is quite good. After 5 years since introduction, this car still looks pretty!

Should have...
By BRL on 08/15/07 16:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought a new 2004 Honda Odyssey which now has 53000 miles with no maintenance but oil changes. When I decided to trade my 2000 Mercury Mystique LS with 80000 miles, I found out that there was not trade-in value and that I probably could have/should have bought a Honda Accord back then. When I got into this 2003 Accord LX and drove it, I knew this was the car for me. I really enjoy driving this car-smooth ride, great handling, great workmanship

Excellent car
By Jay on 04/05/07 10:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car with good fuel mileage. This one has it. It's a 4 cylinder engine, but that 2.4L easily does 80 mph on the interstate at 2600 rpm. The dashboard is well lit. The radio/climate controls are very easy to adjust while driving. The car rides very smoothly on the highway and when you have to punch it to pass, it can move. Fuel mileage is excellent. Averaging around 27 mpg with most of my driving on the highway. The car is comfortable (I'm 6'2 and I have a good 2.5 inches of headroom) and roomy enough for a family of four. Cargo space is plentiful for a car this size. Adequate stereo. Also a very quiet ride.

Nearly Flawless
By Stoney on 01/11/07 17:42 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this new and have been extremely pleased with the performance, reliability, and overall "functionality." Our 4 cylinder LX accelerates and handles well. The fuel economy is very good. Seat comfort is excellent despite the lack of lumbar adjustment. Repairs have been minimal - oil changes, tire rotation, and new brake pads (typical for 50% city driving). If you buy this car used, be sure to pull a CarFax because there are thousands of "totalled" Accords out there being sold - and it is hard to restore a heavily damaged car to original specs.

3 years review
By cxvargas on 11/05/06 22:08 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Dealer took care of two recalls, machined rotors-replaced front pads and reverse condition re-program computer, no big issues. Paint chips easily, the drivers window fails to go up or down during cold weather and the check engine light is on. All fluids are fine and with 47k miles maintenance is not due until the 50k. The wife decided to have the 50k maintenance done early to check the p/w and the engine light. I'm starting to lose confidence on this car and that is a pity because the wife is happy and is really comfortable and superior to the domesticís offerings. I'm not sure if I will buy Honda again based on my recent experience. Let's see.