2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Failed Transmission
By willm3 on 10/30/13 01:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car but transmission is not dependable. I would not buy this car unless you are a transmission mechanic.

Scared
By bigjohn112 on 07/14/13 14:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had read more reviews before buying this car for my daughters first. I found this car at a dealer. One owner, 119K, no wrecks, no damage. Car looked a drove great. AC did not blow as cold as I thought it should but they checked it and replaced a sensor. I am going to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible. But with all the talk about tranny problems I find myself listening for odd noised and weird shifting . We have only had it a few days, but may end up wishing I had got a 2004+

So far so good
By dannyboy on 03/28/13 21:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Accord LX in 2003. I still average 35 MPH on the freeway. The only problems I have encountered were the gear shift knob ($20) and the brake light switch ($150). So far no transmission problems. Brakes still good.

Not So Sure About Honda Anymore
By uthookem on 11/09/12 07:14 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this used in 2007 with 60, 000 from a Honda dealership. I always noticed that this car didn't have the smoothest downshifting, but other than that, it was great. I'm now at 125, 000 and it shifts hard quite a bit. Within the past months on 2 occasions it has refused to accelerate with my foot on the gas, and the check engine and TCS lights immediately come on. After reading many other reviews and complaints about this car, I'm sure I know what's about to happen...

Fantastic car! The best ever for me.
By snowatcher on 11/02/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to write this review, as I have never felt about any car like I do about this one. When I bought it new in February 03, I thought it was the best value compared to competition. 10 years and 150K miles later, it proved to be more than that. It's super reliable, comfortable, runs like new, it brings the smile to my face every time I drive it. I do my own maintenance, which is really easy on this car. The things that went wrong: radio display (fixed by dealer for free), and brakes. I got tired replacing pads every 40K miles, so I put on Centric rotors and Akebono pads myself - best upgrade possible! OEM level performance, but much longer life and no dust. Highly recommended car!

Hitting 10 years
By emc8 on 10/05/12 05:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new Dec 02. I only have 73k miles on it. Reading all the other reviews I am wondering if I need to get rid of it. In the last 14 months I have to replace 3 different sensors to the tune of $1,200. The engine sounds louder than ever.. this is my 5th Honda and have always loved them. My fear if I keep it is the transmission will go based on other reviews. The exterior looks fair at best and this car has been garage kept.

Great first car!
By 03hondaaccord on 04/28/12 19:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car, a 2003 Honda Accord Lx (4 cylinder w/ Automatic.) I absolutely love it, it is good looking, comfortable, affordable, and drives perfectly. I bought mine used w/ 51743 miles on it and when driving at freeway speeds (65+) there is not a single squeak or rattle. Although the interior is a tan fabric, it has been very well maintained and all seats are very comfortable. If you are looking for your first car or just a replacement, this is a perfect choice.

2003 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr
By hollandsc on 12/07/11 09:32 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Background: original owner, 148k miles, new transaxle @ 45k, new output shaft oil seal @ 145k, new struts @ 145k, and every warning light that could have come on has come on. I need to mention that it has been in four wrecks – all due to being hit from behind while stopped. With this said, I do all repair work myself on this car and all of my other cars. This Honda is a little “touchy” because of the number of sensors. This is good or bad; good if you fix the issue because the car knows if there is an issue or bad if you want to ignore the problem and don’t want to know about it. Parts are readily available, cheep & the car is easy to fix. No matter the car (I have had just about every

Bad MechanicaL Design & Poor reliability
By newstripes on 12/02/11 08:42 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been far from the perception og Hondas go forever, are reliable and great quality. We are experiencing the well known problems of excess oil consumption & timing chain issues. It seems the design of the engine & car makes it very dificult & costly to repair this requiring about 14hours of Labor according to our Honda Dealer. This car usues the most oil of any car i ever owned (3L per 5K) and has cost the most to maintain this year at so far $2000! Now This $2000+!!! all at 80,000 miles (130K Km).

The One!
By pbconspiracy on 11/15/11 09:21 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2010 with 50k miles. Now at 77k miles. Not a single issue. After 1.5 years and 27,000 miles, I understand the Accord marketing slogan "The One". This is hands-down the best car I've ever owned. The performance of the 4 cyl engine is better than V6's I've owned in the past. This car is comfortable, smooth, sporty; perfect.