Used 2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda made a mistake in 2003...
By Mike Wilcox

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sorry but after this 2003 Honda Accord EXL v6 ( yes FULLY LOADED ) blew the transmission today after 112,000 miles, I will not buy another Honda. Honda missed the mark on the 2003 cars and we are paying for it. This one has required expensive repair around 110,000 miles including a $3500 transmission, a $2400 power steering replacement and a $3000 paint job due to peeling clearcoat. Note, other annoyances includes door lock actuator failure at about the same time. Didn't most cars fail like this, ie at 100k miles, in the 1970s? Something happened starting in 2003 to Honda quality to let these problems hit the consumer and unfortunately in our case we had to pay for the repairs.
It is a sad day, like losing a friend. Particularly, since we have three Hondas in the family. Survivors include a 2002 Accord and a 2003 CRV. The 02 Accord and 03 CRV each have over 200,000 miles on them and have had no serious problems including a rock solid original engine and transmission.
In the past, we paid more for Honda quality and expected more from Honda. In my case, we ignored the complaints against the 2003 - 2005 Hondas thinking it was a fluke, this was a bad mistake.
And sadly, you can not trust Hondas to the point where you pay more for a Honda than any of the other brand. So the morale of the story is that 'you' must add Honda to the list of vendors that you MUST use a 'buyer beware' approach. Do your homework, delay the purchase and shop around.

I can't imagine a better car
By revs29

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am now at 196,000 miles on my Accord EX-V6 6MT which I bought CPO with 69k miles. I cannot imagine a better all-around car. I have NEVER been stranded with this car and last month went on a 2-week 5000 mile trip with it with zero problems. This car still has serious power and I routinely hit redline. It is the perfect mix of power, comfort, reliability and looks - my S2000 kills it in driving dymamics, but on most days I honestly prefer driving my Accord V6. The only issues I have had are ball joints/struts (Michigan roads!), a driver's side window regulator, and a main seal fixed under warranty. That's IT. I spend about $200/yr maintaining this car - far less than most brand new cars.

power, reliability, interior quality and comfort, amazing seats, great highway ride, fantastic gas mileage (26-28 around town, 30-32 hwy), very easy to maintain.

I wish the new Accord were this good!

Sweet Ride EX style
By Masterm1nd23

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Man where to begin with this wonderful car. I love the way this car looks and getting behind the wheel is even more exhilarating. The car is sporty but yet sophisticated. Getting on the highway is a real rush in this vehicle. I can't wait to get my K&N air filter which will give my beauty "Silver Surfette" approximately 260 horsepower. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves comfort and performance.

Definitely the 3.0 liter V6. I love the plush heated leather seats as well.

A car couldn't get any better. Perhaps it could be a little better on gas mileage.

55,000 mile review
By Overall gret car!

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 has plenty of power and is fun to drive. There is problem with the transmission slipping that the dealers don't seem to be able to figure out. I have had the exterior window trim replaced 4 times since new and it needs to be done again. There are lot of interior squeaks that seem to be getting worse. The quality in finish work seems to be lacking. The metal and paint is very thin and chips/dings easy.

Heated seats, fun to drive and plenty of power.

Heated outside mirrors. Better paint. Fix outside window trim. Backseat is almost impossible to access. Better sound system, speakers need more bass.

2DR EX-L V6
By Gucci Boi

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car used new with 60k miles. I love to drive it, its very fast, reliable, comfortable and stylish. Its a great value for the money. The only draw back is the CD unit after only 6 months of having the car @ 68k miles the CD player and circuit board went out. The Honda dealer replaced the circuit board for free, and i had to pay an outrageous $600 dollars for the CD player to be repaired.

Sun Roof