2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
A lot of car for the money
By dave346 on 03/03/11 04:39 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my Accord for a new car. it had over 150,000 miles on it and still ran strong. Smooth powerful engine, great MPG, comfortable ride, and seemed like it could last forever. However, the transmission had to be replaced at 78,000 miles.

The best car I have ever owned
By great car on 01/24/09 10:30 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is has great power, is very smooth, fun yet comfortable ride, handles well, and gets great MPG for a 240HP vehicle. I have 123,000 miles on the car. The car is very reliable. When the car was new, it had a couple of issues that were fixed under warranty. But overall, this car is bullet proof. The car seemed to get better as it aged. (You would expect that that after the warranty expires and the car got older more things would go wrong, but just the opposite was true. After the warranty expired, the car did not have any issues) This car is almost maintenance free.

Honda is NOT the best car for the money
By Steve on 10/25/06 04:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

JUNK. Three times back to dealer for leaking "shift selector shaft seal"; recall kit for 2nd gear done at 11,000 miles. "Grade logic sensor" causes high rpms as brakes applied downhill; dealer charged me $1,000 for a break job at 60k mi. Passenger side power door lock broke at around 40k mi (I hardly ever use the passenger side door) Radiator blew at 50k mi $400 repair. 36k "maintenance" was a $300 oil change; 65k mi trans fluid full, yet appears burnt. Svc. bulletin calls to replace at 120k mi?? Plastic wrap seal around window/door edges is warping and unraveling at 50k mi (2yrs ownership) WORST car I've ever owned. Can't wait to sell it and buy American.

Excellence in Engineering
By Andres3 on 03/07/06 16:45 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely light years ahead of the competition at the time in 2002/2003. Took the competition till now (mid 2006) to catch up.

Best car I have ever owned
By happy with Accord on 01/09/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I heve ever owned. Very reliable, tight steering, safe for accidents, smooth fast engine, good gas mileage for 240 horsepower. I drive a unusual amount of miles and it is a pleasure in this car.

It ain't your grandma's Honda!
By William S. Rannells on 12/03/04 12:41 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A few more "add-on's" and I would never look at another car. Performs like cars costing $10,000 - $20,000 more. Gas milage on the highway around 32 mph and 20 mph around town. Bought another just like it for my son;he got the 4cyl, I got the jet!

Honda LX RDS
By Randy Swager on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very good quality and performance.

Trouble starting too!
By TiffandDave on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

As with another owner on this site, I too have problems with my Accord starting! The dealership has not been able to replicate the problem (therefore there is no problem to them!!) I too have had my window trim replaced, brakes squeal loudly, clear coat cracking, CD player/changer replaced...what's next!?!?

accord
By kurpal123 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall my experience with the 03 accord has been kinda bad. Ive had to take my car back to the dealership many times. First, my window moldings were bubbling up and then my brakes were gridding the first month. Then when i start driving my car in the morning my car has a loud thump sound.

honda accord exv6
By russell bien on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What I expected of the Honda Corporation. Very dependable automobile.