2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2dr- 4cyl- 156k original owner
By seabass1224 on 11/06/09 23:00 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new in '03...racked up 156k miles since. Overall a great car, minus a few issues. Reliability is great; only issue was a radio display that went out after 100k-Honda paid half. Engine still runs as smooth as when I bought the car. Great acceleration for a 4-banger. The bad: the rattles in the dashboard have been an ongoing issue since the car was new. Sounds like a tap-dancing gerbil lives in my dashboard...seats are pretty stiff, too. Overall, a very good car, minus the rattles. Still getting about 32 mpg- mostly highway. No issues with the manual transmission.

fun for the buck
By rich on 07/30/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it with a few dings in it, but over all in great shape. Its a little four banger, but zips around town. Brakes like a champ and handles turns quite well. Very pleased with my purchase. Waiting to see how it handles in the snow and go from there.

Bought used at 112,000 miles
By first car for son on 05/16/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

6 months after purchase, the pcm computer and transmission failed at 118,000 miles. Appears that the computer told the trans to downshift into 1st and stay there. What seemed like a good used car now cost 50% more than we paid and is no longer a good deal. We are quite disappointed we bought this car.

Best Car I've Owned
By Patrick on 12/29/08 19:52 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned multiple Hondas, then after a brief (and painfully expensive) experience with a VW, I came back to Honda again with the 2003 Accord Coupe. I haven't been disappointed. 98k miles later and only routine maintenance. Still have original rear brakes/rotors. Front brakes and tires changed at 70k. Headlamps burned out at 60k, but they only cost about $30 each to replace so no big deal. Dash panel went out after warranty expiration (I saw others mention the same thing), but it was replaced free of charge without issues. While it may seem that everyone and their brother has one of these, it's hard to argue with top-notch quality, along with performance, reliability, and good looks.

Not what I expected
By David on 08/30/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car overall. Some issues I did not believe were Honda issues have come up. Cabin squeeks everywhere, brakes over sensitive and now the rotors shake with 49k miles. I am the second owner, appears brakes have been replaced before. Paint chips all over. Great car to drive but build quaility is below Honda standards. Plenty of power for a 4 cyl.

First Year Blues
By Charles on 07/15/07 10:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Honda has dropped the ball with regards to build quality on the 2003 Accord Coupe. By all measures, the car should be a joy to drive, but unfortunately it suffers from 1st year engineering and quality failures. Starting at about 5000 miles, squeaks and rattles crept in to destroying any perception of Honda quality. The radio head unit went out and had to be replaced. The ABS quit working and sensors had to be replaced. A surging idle issue rendered the car nearly undriveable. All of this was before it had 30,000 miles on the clock. I bought this car with the hope of keeping it for many years, but I'm sad to say that I'm fed up. Beware of the 2003 Accord Coupe.

Fantastic car ,
By Claudia Bittner on 08/22/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Beautiful car. Fun to drive. When you step on the gas it goes and when you step on the brake it stops. Can really get you out of some tight spots. A really neat automobile. It's a Honda!. I remember the ad on this particular Honda, was the guy that went to the Dr. with the lead foot. Dr. I don't what's wrong every since I bought my new car...

Love this car!
By Judy on 01/25/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Accord Coupe..the first was a 1994 which ran quite well, just fell in love w/the design of the 2003 when I took my 80 year old aunt to purchase a Civic. Beautiful car, quick, even for a 4 cylinder. Only drawback, I'm quite short and the side view mirrors obstruct my vision. Not so w/the 1994 Accord.

Best car I have ever owned
By JON on 01/07/06 20:03 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car almost a week ago and have already put about 400 miles on it. I can't say say enough about it. I love the car, it drives so good and is soooo much fun to drive. great pick up for passing and still very fuel efficent. these are great cars for ppl who drive alot or just like to have the sporty and classy look of a great car.

Bought used; tranny went bad
By Christopher Chapple on 10/12/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Nov of 2004 with about 42K miles. I come to find out that I am the third owner! At approx 60K miles, the transmission went bad and it will require $3200 in repairs. Thank God I bought an extended warranty. Another complaint I have is headroom-- there is none. I'm constantly banging my head against the ceiling when I check my mirrors to go in reverse (and I'm only 5-9). The stereo is pretty cool but it had to be replaced by Honda (they did it for free) because the whole display went black one day. So far, this car has been high maintainence but it is a fun ride. I'm hoping I won't continue to have problems with it. My '95 Accord lasted 185K miles.