2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
BadTranny
By nikkithediyer on 08/12/14 08:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2012 with about 181k. That thang was surprisingly fast. Loved taking it out on the highway on trips. It was my 3rd Honda. I drove it from Philly to Atlanta and back. Tranny died at 211k. I drive a lot. I must say, it was low on trans fluid but it was also very very dark. I don't know too much about cars my research suggests there could have been that common issue of the 3rd gear not being lubricated properly and grinding out....or maybe neglect on my part. Either way, I don't have the car. I sold it cheap but really miss it! Wish I'd kept it and just replaced trans. I should have noticed the subtle hard downshift from 3rd the 2nd from the beginning...can't win em all.

VERY GOOD USED CAR
By hondas_rule on 04/14/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this as my work car this past Christmas break with 121k miles on it. These are great cars but Honda did have some troubles with this new body style in '03. The V6's eat up transmissions if you are the type to mash the gas and make the transmission shift under full throttle acceleration. The 4 cyls don't seem to have transmission issues. I had to replace the cruise control switch on the steering column which was an easy and cheap fix ( $35 on eBay ). The driver side door lock actuator which requires taking the door panel off went bad ( $20 on eBay ). Drivers seat belt light on the dash won't go out even though I have it buckled. Not that big a deal. Overall a great car for $5800

Faithful Honda owner..a little rattled.
By ajhall on 04/02/13 12:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord, also the first car I have ever bought without researching. My thoughts were "it's an Accord. I'm safe". Currently have 80k miles on it. The car has been great, plenty of fun to drive and ample room although the trunk is a little small. What you've read about transmission issues are true. Mine is going in the shop this week for a rebuild around 3k in price. Honda has seem to correct the issue in later models and has been known to split the tranny rebuild with you since losing a class action suit, but it's a little shameful to have to do on a car so young. I'm going to keep it 300k+ miles. Not my last Accord, but research each car individually before buying.

Could not be more happy with my Accord!
By shehow on 07/09/12 20:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Short and sweet, this car is reliable and has it all. I have not had it in the shop once. Great in any terrain you put it through. You always hear people say Honda quality, well here you go. Quality all the way. I will for sure buy another honda. This car is my baby. If you are debating buying one... DO IT!!! :)

I can't imagine a better car
By revs29 on 12/12/11 11:46 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am now at 196,000 miles on my Accord EX-V6 6MT which I bought CPO with 69k miles. I cannot imagine a better all-around car. I have NEVER been stranded with this car and last month went on a 2-week 5000 mile trip with it with zero problems. This car still has serious power and I routinely hit redline. It is the perfect mix of power, comfort, reliability and looks - my S2000 kills it in driving dymamics, but on most days I honestly prefer driving my Accord V6. The only issues I have had are ball joints/struts (Michigan roads!), a driver's side window regulator, and a main seal fixed under warranty. That's IT. I spend about $200/yr maintaining this car - far less than most brand new cars.

This beauty has ISSUES!
By torontoboi on 07/22/11 16:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the ride, i love the styling, and the acceleration of the V6 felt like a 300hp engine! But man oh man, what is wrong with Honda's quality? My transmission (shared with the Honda Odyssey) crapped out on me at 60K, the center HVAC system crapped out on me shortly after, and BOTH my fog lights cracked during the first 2 months of driving it on smooth highway roads. I don't accept "yeah but it was covered under warranty" accuse, it IS a poorly built car and i went back to Toyota's and continued my track record of ZERO defects driving them. Many other Accord Coupe owners at my work had the same complaints so i know it's not a fluke.

Best car I've owned (long term)
By randomao on 07/16/11 20:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in late 05' with approx 34,000 on it. 120,000 miles later, and no major issues at all. The CD changer shorted out @ 75k, but it was covered under the extended warranty. Like others mentioned, the paint isn't holding up the best, there's a lot of chips, and the clear coat is starting to peel in a couple places. The drivers window comes off the track once in while, making a loud squealing noise, and the leather, where the back of you're upper left arm contacts the seat is cracking, Insignificant cons. I've been thinking about getting a newer car, but it's hard to find one that offers more that doesn't cost 25k. It's paid for, and I wouldn't hesitate a 2000 mi trip.

A lot of car for the money
By dave346 on 03/03/11 04:39 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my Accord for a new car. it had over 150,000 miles on it and still ran strong. Smooth powerful engine, great MPG, comfortable ride, and seemed like it could last forever. However, the transmission had to be replaced at 78,000 miles.

It's a HONDA
By claudiawb1 on 05/23/10 14:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Honda. As I told my granddaughter before I let her drive it, wehen you step on the gas it goes and when you step on the brake it stops. It is a neat car. Great styling. Seven years old and I still love it.

Caution
By jjl on 04/18/10 06:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am the original owner and this is my fifth Honda. The transmission just died at 44,000 miles. This is a well known problem for this generation of Accords. I babied my car and replaced the transmission fluid twice, at 28,000 and again at 40,000 miles. Honda has serious problems with automatic transmissions. I have loved this car. It was so much fun to drive. But, I can never trust Honda again. They sold a car with a serious design flaw. Do not buy a used Accord with an automatic transmission!