Used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BadTranny
By nikkithediyer

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used in 2012 with about 181k. That thang was surprisingly fast. Loved taking it out on the highway on trips. It was my 3rd Honda. I drove it from Philly to Atlanta and back. Tranny died at 211k. I drive a lot. I must say, it was low on trans fluid but it was also very very dark. I don't know too much about cars my research suggests there could have been that common issue of the 3rd gear not being lubricated properly and grinding out....or maybe neglect on my part. Either way, I don't have the car. I sold it cheap but really miss it! Wish I'd kept it and just replaced trans. I should have noticed the subtle hard downshift from 3rd the 2nd from the beginning...can't win em all.

Body style. Low profile. The car seems to be assembled the same as my other Hondas so that consistency is a plus.

I had trouble changing my headlight bulbs. Wish they were easier to get to. Or make it easier to remove the entire headlamp...

VERY GOOD USED CAR
By hondas_rule

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this as my work car this past Christmas break with 121k miles on it. These are great cars but Honda did have some troubles with this new body style in '03. The V6's eat up transmissions if you are the type to mash the gas and make the transmission shift under full throttle acceleration. The 4 cyls don't seem to have transmission issues. I had to replace the cruise control switch on the steering column which was an easy and cheap fix ( $35 on eBay ). The driver side door lock actuator which requires taking the door panel off went bad ( $20 on eBay ). Drivers seat belt light on the dash won't go out even though I have it buckled. Not that big a deal. Overall a great car for $5800

The Coupe is not a bad looking car. Nice driving, good on gas, comfortable, dependable, good stereo. About as good a used car as there is.

The V6 Accords have a history of transmission problems. The '03 models seem to have bad interior switches but these cars are easy to work on, parts are cheap and easy to get. Overall Accords are good dependable cars if you get a 4 cyl. You have to do some research when you buy tires. Make sure you buy quiet tires. If you put noisey tires on an Accord they will drive you nuts! Any tire noise seems to get amplified in an Accord for some reason.

Faithful Honda owner..a little rattled.
By ajhall

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord, also the first car I have ever bought without researching. My thoughts were "it's an Accord. I'm safe". Currently have 80k miles on it. The car has been great, plenty of fun to drive and ample room although the trunk is a little small. What you've read about transmission issues are true. Mine is going in the shop this week for a rebuild around 3k in price. Honda has seem to correct the issue in later models and has been known to split the tranny rebuild with you since losing a class action suit, but it's a little shameful to have to do on a car so young. I'm going to keep it 300k+ miles. Not my last Accord, but research each car individually before buying.

Peppiness of engine, crisp sound system, great egronomics, extremely quiet and solid drive even at high speeds, great reliability, easy to work on, I would definitely buy my car again or recommend to others.

Rear cupholders seem like an afterthought, trunk opening isn't so generous, expect transmission issues in the future unless yours has been updated

Could not be more happy with my Accord!
By shehow

2003 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Short and sweet, this car is reliable and has it all. I have not had it in the shop once. Great in any terrain you put it through. You always hear people say Honda quality, well here you go. Quality all the way. I will for sure buy another honda. This car is my baby. If you are debating buying one... DO IT!!! :)

Reliability. Great build in and out. All around great car.

The light went out in my stereo.

I can't imagine a better car
By revs29

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am now at 196,000 miles on my Accord EX-V6 6MT which I bought CPO with 69k miles. I cannot imagine a better all-around car. I have NEVER been stranded with this car and last month went on a 2-week 5000 mile trip with it with zero problems. This car still has serious power and I routinely hit redline. It is the perfect mix of power, comfort, reliability and looks - my S2000 kills it in driving dymamics, but on most days I honestly prefer driving my Accord V6. The only issues I have had are ball joints/struts (Michigan roads!), a driver's side window regulator, and a main seal fixed under warranty. That's IT. I spend about $200/yr maintaining this car - far less than most brand new cars.

power, reliability, interior quality and comfort, amazing seats, great highway ride, fantastic gas mileage (26-28 around town, 30-32 hwy), very easy to maintain.

I wish the new Accord were this good!