Used 2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I can't imagine a better car
By revs29

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am now at 196,000 miles on my Accord EX-V6 6MT which I bought CPO with 69k miles. I cannot imagine a better all-around car. I have NEVER been stranded with this car and last month went on a 2-week 5000 mile trip with it with zero problems. This car still has serious power and I routinely hit redline. It is the perfect mix of power, comfort, reliability and looks - my S2000 kills it in driving dymamics, but on most days I honestly prefer driving my Accord V6. The only issues I have had are ball joints/struts (Michigan roads!), a driver's side window regulator, and a main seal fixed under warranty. That's IT. I spend about $200/yr maintaining this car - far less than most brand new cars.

Favorite Features

power, reliability, interior quality and comfort, amazing seats, great highway ride, fantastic gas mileage (26-28 around town, 30-32 hwy), very easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the new Accord were this good!

Sweet Ride EX style
By Masterm1nd23

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Man where to begin with this wonderful car. I love the way this car looks and getting behind the wheel is even more exhilarating. The car is sporty but yet sophisticated. Getting on the highway is a real rush in this vehicle. I can't wait to get my K&N air filter which will give my beauty "Silver Surfette" approximately 260 horsepower. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves comfort and performance.

Favorite Features

Definitely the 3.0 liter V6. I love the plush heated leather seats as well.

Suggested Improvements

A car couldn't get any better. Perhaps it could be a little better on gas mileage.

55,000 mile review
By Overall gret car!

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 has plenty of power and is fun to drive. There is problem with the transmission slipping that the dealers don't seem to be able to figure out. I have had the exterior window trim replaced 4 times since new and it needs to be done again. There are lot of interior squeaks that seem to be getting worse. The quality in finish work seems to be lacking. The metal and paint is very thin and chips/dings easy.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, fun to drive and plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Heated outside mirrors. Better paint. Fix outside window trim. Backseat is almost impossible to access. Better sound system, speakers need more bass.

2DR EX-L V6
By Gucci Boi

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car used new with 60k miles. I love to drive it, its very fast, reliable, comfortable and stylish. Its a great value for the money. The only draw back is the CD unit after only 6 months of having the car @ 68k miles the CD player and circuit board went out. The Honda dealer replaced the circuit board for free, and i had to pay an outrageous $600 dollars for the CD player to be repaired.

Favorite Features

Sun Roof

Suggested Improvements

CD player

I wouldn't buy the 2003 model
By No More Honda

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had many problems with my Accord. Transmission slips without notice, electrical problems, a/c only blows 1 temp. The car seems to have a mind of its own so I wouldn't recommend the 2003 model since this is the 1st year of the new style. Check out the recalls on the 2003's, there are many! Always trouble. Get the 2005.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, navi.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission & electrical issues