2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I can't imagine a better car
By revs29 on 12/12/11 11:46 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am now at 196,000 miles on my Accord EX-V6 6MT which I bought CPO with 69k miles. I cannot imagine a better all-around car. I have NEVER been stranded with this car and last month went on a 2-week 5000 mile trip with it with zero problems. This car still has serious power and I routinely hit redline. It is the perfect mix of power, comfort, reliability and looks - my S2000 kills it in driving dymamics, but on most days I honestly prefer driving my Accord V6. The only issues I have had are ball joints/struts (Michigan roads!), a driver's side window regulator, and a main seal fixed under warranty. That's IT. I spend about $200/yr maintaining this car - far less than most brand new cars.

Sweet Ride EX style
By Masterm1nd23 on 03/09/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Man where to begin with this wonderful car. I love the way this car looks and getting behind the wheel is even more exhilarating. The car is sporty but yet sophisticated. Getting on the highway is a real rush in this vehicle. I can't wait to get my K&N air filter which will give my beauty "Silver Surfette" approximately 260 horsepower. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves comfort and performance.

55,000 mile review
By Overall gret car! on 03/01/09 18:49 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 has plenty of power and is fun to drive. There is problem with the transmission slipping that the dealers don't seem to be able to figure out. I have had the exterior window trim replaced 4 times since new and it needs to be done again. There are lot of interior squeaks that seem to be getting worse. The quality in finish work seems to be lacking. The metal and paint is very thin and chips/dings easy.

2DR EX-L V6
By Gucci Boi on 02/24/09 22:23 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car used new with 60k miles. I love to drive it, its very fast, reliable, comfortable and stylish. Its a great value for the money. The only draw back is the CD unit after only 6 months of having the car @ 68k miles the CD player and circuit board went out. The Honda dealer replaced the circuit board for free, and i had to pay an outrageous $600 dollars for the CD player to be repaired.

I wouldn't buy the 2003 model
By No More Honda on 08/28/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had many problems with my Accord. Transmission slips without notice, electrical problems, a/c only blows 1 temp. The car seems to have a mind of its own so I wouldn't recommend the 2003 model since this is the 1st year of the new style. Check out the recalls on the 2003's, there are many! Always trouble. Get the 2005.

Love Love It!
By Kat on 05/31/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a Honda Prelude and it was an awesome car till someone t-boned me forced to get a new car I went with Honda again. I love my Honda accord it has yet to give me problems and is so fun to drive. I would advise getting the v6 cause it has power I never knew the difference between a 4cyl and 6cyl now I know, and I will never get a 4 again. Great car!

Great Car
By ken zimmerman on 04/14/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was specific in what I wanted in 2003 with the Honda Coupe six cy. manual. I am glad that I did. It has been a truly exceptional car to own - a real joy to drive. Until the 2008 remodel, there was no real reason to consider trading because the 2003 has been essentially the same as the 2007. But the 2008 is a looker.

Favorite one so far
By julie on 01/20/08 05:39 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been my favorite vehicle so far. It is fun to drive and looks great. The interior is designed with the passenger's comfort in mind and is very aesthetically pleasing. The car had better options that my Lexus RX300 and a better finish and quality. Living in NY the only problem is in the snow, but I added snow tires and they made a big difference. The handling is tight and the ride is fun and comfortable. I drive 105 miles a day and the V6 has been a lot of fun. The only thing I would have asked for: bluetooth, but I know this is now an option on the newer models. Why I no longer own it? I am buying a 2008 4 Cyl for better gas mileage and I wanted a 4 dr.

Love my Accord
By CrazieAccord on 07/31/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far my Accord has held up wonderfully. I love the fact that I can fit two adults in the back and they aren't cramped. Fuel mileage is a big plus, I usually average 26 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving (mostly highway). The only issue I have is the rear window needs a wiper, water seems to just sit on the back window and makes it kind of annoying to look out of. I would (and do) recommend the 7th generation (03+) accord to anyone.

Update after 3 years of owndership
By Kevin Tate on 06/27/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have now owned the vehicle for three years and continue to be impressed. It now has 78K miles and has yet to have any major problems. I drive a combination of city and highway and still get about 22 MPG. The only two issues I've had pertain to the stereo and ABS brake light. At around 40K miles, the stereo and A/C backlight went out. The local dealer said I'd need an entirely new stereo unit ($900+) and acted as though it was a common failure. After a polite email to Honda Corp, I got a new stereo for free. The other problem I continue to have is the ABS brake light. Occasionally, it will come on, unless I'm at the dealership.