Used 2003 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Bad MechanicaL Design & Poor reliability
By newstripes

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been far from the perception og Hondas go forever, are reliable and great quality. We are experiencing the well known problems of excess oil consumption & timing chain issues. It seems the design of the engine & car makes it very dificult & costly to repair this requiring about 14hours of Labor according to our Honda Dealer. This car usues the most oil of any car i ever owned (3L per 5K) and has cost the most to maintain this year at so far $2000! Now This $2000+!!! all at 80,000 miles (130K Km).

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to address this common problem witha recall or extended warranty as most cars that need a timing Belt are well under $1000 to repair. As for the Accords common consumption of 1lite of oil per 1500 miles I think is shit! I have had several vehicles that went over 150,000 miles using less oil over 10,000 miles. Not what I expected from the manufacturers reputation for quality, durability and reliability.................

Great Car
By Dor

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Feb. 2003 and I have to say that it is by far the best purchase I made. I use it every day to go to work, averaging 28 mpg (hwy + city). After over 100,000 mi I cannot complain of anything worth mentioning. The interior is simple and yet functional, Overall, a great car.

Favorite Features

iVTEC engine - in my opinion the best engine in its class. Overall car reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The design for the front of the car (subjective) - Actually Honda modified it in later years, but destroyed the back in the process (again subjective)

2003 Accord DX
By Rabih

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2003 Accord DX Auto from Gillman in Houston. I think the DX is the best value around as it is on average 2000$ cheaper than the LX. It is better equipped than ever with a CD player, power windows, ABS, Automatic and AC. The engine is smooth and the gas mileage is excellent. The build quality is up to Honda standards. The interior is comfy and attractive. The exterior is conservative but elegant. In brief, it is a very practical and reliable car.

Favorite Features

Build quality Gas mileage Excellent Honda Service Cheap parts Lively engine

Suggested Improvements

bigger trunk and interior

great car for a great price
By smr

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

it is a great car for anyone i love it and have never have had a problem

Favorite Features

i love the ease of driving it, has enough power and saves gas

Suggested Improvements

i could not think of much

Wasn't my first choice, but...
By LDP

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm pretty happy with the Accord overall. I wanted the CRV, but didn't like the way it rode. The car looks great and rides well, generally, but the city gas mileage is rotten. Also, the blind spots are very big. Finally, on one of the hotter days this summer, the wheels made this horrible, screeching, metal-on-metal noise that went away after a few minutes and came back periodically. It was only that one day and I never heard it again, but it was unsettling.

Favorite Features

This car looks beautiful! All of my friends think we paid an arm and a leg for it.

Suggested Improvements

Lower the back of the car so there is more visibility out of the back window. Very large blind spots.